Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New mindset: We do not have success unless Arkansas wins the BCS

Started by JDS, August 31, 2011, 10:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JDS

I could go into the various reasons, but watch Hard Knocks on HBO, especially this season.

I am shifting away from middle tier SEC to upper tier, but I realized the difference is the expectation. Petrino has changes the expectations for the players and they know it, it is time for us to realize it.

My favorite quote about the SEC is something to do with, "every other conference is happy with a conference championship, the SEC is not happy unless the SEC wins the BCS Championship."

We need to aim above a BCS bowl, we need to win the BCS Championship.

Banned from Woopig by my brother, Elvis.

No, really.  He is my brother.  I am banned.  Do I need to explain it further?

Jon Ham

DeltaBoy

Yep Bobby got us expecting SEC and BCS titles.  Woo Pig Sooie!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognitiveDissonance

But Wally says that 9-3 is understandable this year because of the schedule. If you want to change mindsets, better start with him.

Hogdude72

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on September 01, 2011, 12:17:02 pm
But Wally says that 9-3 is understandable this year because of the schedule. If you want to change mindsets, better start with him.
Who really cares what the crap this clown says or thinks??

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Hogdude72 on September 01, 2011, 12:27:52 pm
Who really cares what the crap this clown says or thinks??

Saying that Wally does not know football is like saying that Obama cannot purple a lugnut.

Pyrotechnician

Then you'll be disappointed for years to come.  We may make a BCS bowl every 3 or 4 years but anymore than that in our league is ridiculous.  Maybe if we were in a weak conf. it could happen.  But not in the SEC.
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on September 01, 2011, 01:56:46 pm
Then you'll be disappointed for years to come.  We may make a BCS bowl every 3 or 4 years but anymore than that in our league is ridiculous.  Maybe if we were in a weak conf. it could happen.  But not in the SEC.

Oh I know, you think we should take A&M's place in the Big 12, teasip.

Mrcoolhog55

Hey guys thinking about what the above poster said, i have to agree in that there is nothing wrong about this .. Our coach thinks this way the Hog fans can think this way too.... But I will also say this , for the Hogs to be upper tier we have to Beat the big boys like Bama , and LSU , Florida, AND OTHERS more often, and we will need to WIN the NC once in a while, along with winning SEC championships too, as well as the West ........Let us all be positive, believe, and trust CBP and his staff.... WE need to  let our play do the talking, and bring it on the field, and lets win one for the gipper, oh sorry that ND OH WELL..............

Mrcoolhog55

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on September 01, 2011, 02:15:34 pm
Hey guys thinking about what the above poster said, i have to agree in that there is nothing wrong about this .. Our coach thinks this way the Hog fans can think this way too.... But I will also say this , for the Hogs to be upper tier we have to Beat the big boys like Bama , and LSU , Florida, AND OTHERS more often, and we will need to WIN the NC once in a while, along with winning SEC championships too, as well as the West ........Let us all be positive, believe, and trust CBP and his staff.... WE need to  let our play do the talking, and bring it on the field, and lets win one for the gipper, oh sorry that ND OH WELL..............

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 01, 2011, 02:00:07 pm
Oh I know, you think we should take A&M's place in the Big 12, teasip.

Nope, but does it matter what either of us thing about it?  Not really
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on September 01, 2011, 01:53:24 pm
Saying that Wally does not know football is like saying that Obama cannot purple a lugnut.

hEyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

code red

I don't think we got screwed anymore in the SC game than the AU game last year.  You saw how our kids reacted in the SC game...after the horrible in the grasp call that could have been a scoop and score.  Our kids ain't scared...and the refs can do nothing about that..were comin.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

choicesthops

Probably should focus on winning a SEC championship first since we have yet to accomplish that don't ya think?

nwarazfan

The goal/aim for the team should be to win every game which would mean a BCS Championship.  The realistic goal/aim for our current team should be an SEC Championship.  But suggesting we aren't successful if we don't win the BCS is a bit much.  Are you just stating this for the current season or every season?

Our program is now capable of winning an SEC Championship which I expect will happen at some point under Petrino.  Win that and the BCS Championship is a real possibility.