Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springfield, Missouri

Started by 5cent_Hog, June 12, 2008, 02:37:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5cent_Hog

I was just wondering if there would be any interest in pushing for the formation of a local Razorback fan club in the Springfield, Missouri area.  There are lots of Razorback fans around Springfield.  There is not a formal fan club acknowledged by the Razorback Foundation.  Surely there are enough of us to push to get one started.  I would like to see Pelphrey and Petrino speak at a dinner here....

Let me know your thoughts Springfield Hog Fans....

karenbryant

I'm in!  Just let me know when and where, and if I can help!

Karen :razorback:
Lovin' every minute of it!

Hogbody

There's lots of hogs around springfield
I go up there all the time

x-ray hog

My brother is a huge Hog fan from springfield.  He runs the strafford ball park.  Not a hogvillian, Ill tell him to check ya'll out if you pm me some info.

rogersvillemohog

I am so in!  :razorback: We need a S. W. Missouri Razorback club! I am a member at Highland Springs, I can put in a good word for us to get a room some time. Tell me what I can do, and I'll do my best to do it!  :razorback:
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

razorback44

I just moved to Springfield 4 days ago so I am definitely in!  I moved here from Atlanta where we had a pretty active group so it would be good to get something going here.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: razorback44 on May 30, 2009, 04:13:09 pm
I just moved to Springfield 4 days ago so I am definitely in!  I moved here from Atlanta where we had a pretty active group so it would be good to get something going here.
Well, welcome to Springfield, it is a great place to live, and there are many hog fans up here. The arrogant SMS fans will most likely give you grief about the basketball loss this year, and will be most arrogant on football game day this year. They hate to be call SMS, so through that in their face, and give 'em grief for there 2 win football season. The Mizzou fans might give you grief for Petrino and the Cotton Bowl, but other than that the Mizzou fans down here are pretty nice. Go Hogs! WPS! And welcome to Springfield, MO.  :razorback: P.S. Sorry for any typos, I am posting from my iPhone.   
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

NWARazor

If you want to get information on starting a club in SW Mo., email Sean Rochelle at the Foundation at srochelle@razorbackfoundation.com
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: NWARazor on June 01, 2009, 06:24:15 pm
If you want to get information on starting a club in SW Mo., email Sean Rochelle at the Foundation at srochelle@razorbackfoundation.com
Thanks. WPS  :razorback:

john c

June 22, 2009, 10:11:49 pm #9 Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:08:15 am by intoxhog
Quote from: 5cent_Hog on June 12, 2008, 02:37:57 pm
I was just wondering if there would be any interest in pushing for the formation of a local Razorback fan club in the Springfield, Missouri area.  There are lots of Razorback fans around Springfield.  There is not a formal fan club acknowledged by the Razorback Foundation.  Surely there are enough of us to push to get one started.  I would like to see Pelphrey and Petrino speak at a dinner here....

Let me know your thoughts Springfield Hog Fans....

We've had a club and get-togethers.  Some of us worked with the alumni association visiting local schools, etc.  There are a bunch of alumni here.  The last club president was David Yancey, the new Green County Public Administrator.  Send me a PM with your contact info and I will call you.

john c

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on June 01, 2009, 04:22:19 pm
Well, welcome to Springfield, it is a great place to live, and there are many hog fans up here. The arrogant SMS fans will most likely give you grief about the basketball loss this year, and will be most arrogant on football game day this year. They hate to be call SMS, so through that in their face, and give 'em grief for there 2 win football season. The Mizzou fans might give you grief for Petrino and the Cotton Bowl, but other than that the Mizzou fans down here are pretty nice. Go Hogs! WPS! And welcome to Springfield, MO.  :razorback: P.S. Sorry for any typos, I am posting from my iPhone.   

Why give MSU (SMS) grief?  MSU is a good school with a lot of Hog alumni professors and most everyone I know never disses the Hogs.  Arrogance?  Hey, they beat the Hogs on opening night in their new coliseum, they should be happy. 

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: john c on June 22, 2009, 10:20:36 pm
Why give MSU (SMS) grief?  MSU is a good school with a lot of Hog alumni professors and most everyone I know never disses the Hogs.  Arrogance?  Hey, they beat the Hogs on opening night in their new coliseum, they should be happy.
No, I was just saying, for those that can't go to the game, give 'em grief, you know, like when you go to a football game, you give the opposing team's fans grief. As for the SMS (MSU) game, I was there, I remember that game, I remember callin the hogs and sweatin like a pig (no pun intended) up in the cheep seats, I like SMS (MSU), but, I will be givin the opposing team's fans grief, as I always do.  :razorback: 

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: john c on June 22, 2009, 10:11:49 pm
We've had a club and get-togethers.  Some of us worked with the alumni association visiting local schools, talking to prospects, etc.  There are a bunch of alumni here.  The last club president was David Yancey, the new Green County Public Administrator.  Send me a PM with your contact info and I will call you.
I would like some info, but I don't think there is technically a Alumni Assoc. or a official fan club. But who knows, I have been wrong once or twice before.

intoxhog

You guys should use this board in conjunction with the Local chapter of the Razorback club to get your watch party's up and running, it has really helped us here in Tulsa.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

razorback44

Did anyone ever find out if Springfield has an official group or not?

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: razorback44 on August 18, 2009, 06:10:07 pm
Did anyone ever find out if Springfield has an official group or not?
I'm not sure... I think that's why we are holding off... Jhon C IM'd me and said that we have had one, but I don't know if we still have one... Feel free to IM me if you have any more questions about Springfield, or anything... :razorback:

rogersvillemohog

http://arkalum.org/tri-state/
Southwest Mo... Not sure if it is Alum only though

razornutt_22

I live in Springfield right now coaching football at Reed Middle School.. I would love to be involved in a Razorback club..

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on August 18, 2009, 07:33:36 pm
http://arkalum.org/tri-state/
Southwest Mo... Not sure if it is Alum only though
Still, I think we need to get our own, not not have to share it with other states....

We need someone to be the founder.... Obviously not me, but someone, anyone... Jhon, intox, razornutt, or 5_Cent... Anyone on here interested? ??? :razorback:

razorback44

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on August 19, 2009, 05:28:48 pm
Still, I think we need to get our own, not not have to share it with other states....

We need someone to be the founder.... Obviously not me, but someone, anyone... Jhon, intox, razornutt, or 5_Cent... Anyone on here interested? ??? :razorback:

Yeah it would make sense to have our own, considering all of the hog stuff you see around town.  I have only been here 2 months and there seems to be a lot of alumni and fans in the area

Does anyone know if the Arkansas-MSU game is going to be shown in town?

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: razorback44 on August 20, 2009, 10:52:25 am
Yeah it would make sense to have our own, considering all of the hog stuff you see around town.  I have only been here 2 months and there seems to be a lot of alumni and fans in the area

Does anyone know if the Arkansas-MSU game is going to be shown in town?
I think you can buy it through the Universities, but I'm not sure. :razorback:

razorback44

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on August 20, 2009, 01:31:00 pm
I think you can buy it through the Universities, but I'm not sure. :razorback:

Yeah I had to buy all the games through ESPN gameplan last year when I was living in Atlanta.  I am sure that is what I will end up doing for this game.

rogersvillemohog

So... Who is interested in this? We obviously need someone to stand up and take charge.................
My votes go to Jhon C, Razorback44, and/or razornutt.....
Who do y'all want? ??? :razorback:

intoxhog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on August 23, 2009, 03:27:22 pm
So... Who is interested in this? We obviously need someone to stand up and take charge.................
My votes go to Jhon C, Razorback44, and/or razornutt.....
Who do y'all want? ??? :razorback:
If I were you guys I would have a face to face meeting at someones house or bar ect. Then you guys could make a battle plan.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: intoxhog on August 23, 2009, 03:40:07 pm
If I were you guys I would have a face to face meeting at someones house or bar ect. Then you guys could make a battle plan.
Interesting..... :-\

intoxhog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on August 23, 2009, 03:45:51 pm
Interesting..... :-\
At least that way you know who was serious about putting the time in to start a Springfiled Razorback Club. MKdaddy and I have put "bar time" in trying to figure out which places are the best to host our watch party's here is Tulsa. That way you get to talk with the mangers/owners to see who will give you the best drink specials, what kind of space they will give you gameday ect.

Also you guys can split up responsiblty's there as well.

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: intoxhog on August 23, 2009, 04:14:55 pm
At least that way you know who was serious about putting the time in to start a Springfiled Razorback Club. MKdaddy and I have put "bar time" in trying to figure out which places are the best to host our watch party's here is Tulsa. That way you get to talk with the mangers/owners to see who will give you the best drink specials, what kind of space they will give you gameday ect.

Also you guys can split up responsiblty's there as well.
I like this idea.......
Unfortunately, I will be going quite a few CFB games this year... But once Basketball and baseball start up, I'll be here.... :razorback:

intoxhog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on August 23, 2009, 04:32:26 pm
I like this idea.......
Unfortunately, I will be going quite a few CFB games this year... But once Basketball and baseball start up, I'll be here.... :razorback:
We are only doing about 2 to 3 games this year for the Tulsa Razorback Club none of which are home games.

I still amazed that there is no Springfiled club. Hell, If I still lived in NWA I would come up there and help you guys but Tulsa is too far away for me to make the trips up there.

razornutt_22

hey rogersvillemohog I have been away for a few days and I was wondering if you have heard anything about a club.. I would love to be a part of one.. I want to get with some hog fans up here

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: razornutt_22 on August 23, 2009, 10:42:50 pm
hey rogersvillemohog I have been away for a few days and I was wondering if you have heard anything about a club.. I would love to be a part of one.. I want to get with some hog fans up here
Quote from: razornutt_22 on August 23, 2009, 10:42:50 pm
Well... I think that you, Razorback44, and John C (and maybe me :-/) need to get together andtalk about this... I know Lance at Ebbits, and I maybe able to get the upstairs room for us sometime....
I'll PM you my new E-mail, and we can talk about this in more context....

Uncle_dad

count me in.  I have friends both on and off this board that would be interested.  I talked to the owner of Steve's Place in Nixa yesterday.  He said we would be welcome to reserve his big (and I do mean big) screen TV room for parties for any of the games.  I go to all of the home games, but if anyone is interested I would reserve the room.

OnYourToes and MrsHogFaninMo (I think that's her name) have expressed interest in previous threads.

razorback44

I would love to be involved.  I have way to much going on with just moving here and honestly am probably to young to be in charge right now but my wife and I were involved with the Atlanta chapter before we moved here and would love to help out again.

I do know that the owner of Doe's daughter went to Arkansas and they have done Razorback stuff for games previously.

john c

What it takes to be in charge has nothing to do with age, but willingness.  David Yancey, Greene County Public Administrator is the guy you need to contact.  David was the last guy in charge that I remember.  We were involved going around to area schools to talk to students and counselors about the U of A.  There are many, many U of A alumni here.  I think there is such a closeness to the U of A here in Springfield that it is almost like having a chapter in Rogers or Harrison.  That said it would be nice to have a big get together but not on game day - a lot of us are in Fayetteville. 

44 or 22 or uncle, please PM me if you would like to get together and visit.

David can be reached at the courthouse or at:  dyancey@greenecountymo.org

john c

Whole Hog Cafe has opened here (On south side of Sunshine, just east of Bass Pro).  Owner is from LR and told me today he would definitely consider having the alumni group meet there.  If nothing else we can pcik a day to all have lunch and visit.  How about Monday after the Georgia game?

Uncle_dad

I'm a teacher and can't get away weekdays.  Any evening function I'd do my best to attend.

allhog

IF THIS HAPPENS I WOULD BE IN.  I GO TO MOST OF THE GAMES IN FAYETTEVILLE, BUT WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A GROUP TO WATCH AWAY GAMES WITH. 

john c

Quote from: Uncle_dad on September 16, 2009, 09:49:35 pm
I'm a teacher and can't get away weekdays.  Any evening function I'd do my best to attend.

Evening it is then.  Where do you teach?

Uncle_dad

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Uncle_dad on September 17, 2009, 11:52:05 pm
Ozark West
Ozark...  :puke:

Kidding, sometimes I take the rivalry al little too far... ;)

NWARazor

September 25, 2009, 07:54:45 am #39 Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:56:25 am by NWARazor
There are two ways you can go, if you want a formal club - either a Razorback Club (raises funds for Razorback Foundation) or an Arkansas Alumni chapter (helps promote the University).

As indicated before, if you want to begin a Razorback Club get in touch with Sean Rochelle at the Razorback Foundation. They will have a listing of Foundation members from the Springfield area. You can start with that list and add to it as you go along. The key we've found is gathering email addresses - much quicker to get out information to our members via email and also our website www.bbvrazorbackclub.org

You might want to start with Watch Parties first - a designated place with drink specials that you can let people know about. Much easier to coordinate.

Then if you get good response and want to become a Razorback Club, determine people who have the time to contribute and plan on one large annual event (banquet, golf tourney, golf tourney with banquet, etc.) with a Razorback coach or coaches there to begin with, along with watch parties. Due to the coaches schedules, these need to be planned well in advance.

As a representative of NWA Razorback Club and a native of Southwest Missouri - available to assist. Just pm me.
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

qakhed

I am in Joplin and I expressed interest with the foundation and they never got back to me. I know of lots of alumni/fans in this area that would love to be a part.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

NWARazor

Quote from: qakhed on September 25, 2009, 07:32:50 pm
I am in Joplin and I expressed interest with the foundation and they never got back to me. I know of lots of alumni/fans in this area that would love to be a part.
Let me speak with them this week... has that been within the past year?

qakhed

yes, a month ago. I used the generic "if you would like more information" email.

texassucks

Im in Springfield and not going to Memphis for the Jan. 2nd game - any chance to get the Razorback fan's together for the bowl game.....

Uncle_dad

Count me in.  I'd have to work things around my son's 3rd birthday, though.

Ftsmithmike

Ive applied for a job with US medical Center for federal prisoners. If I get the job I will be relocating to the area in Jan. Im a little nervous about the move. Its been a while since Ive left my comfort zone.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on December 24, 2009, 01:12:20 am
Ive applied for a job with US medical Center for federal prisoners. If I get the job I will be relocating to the area in Jan. Im a little nervous about the move. Its been a while since Ive left my comfort zone.
You'll love Springfield!
Not too small, but not too big either.

rogersvillemohog

SW MO Hog Fans:
Your Razorback J.V. Hockey Team is playing SMS(Missouri State) tonight at Jordan Valley next to Hammons Tower and Hammons Field in Downtown Springfield!
Come out and support your Razorbacks!
Pig Sooiee!

rogersvillemohog

SW MO Razorback Fans! Your Arkansas Razorbacks hockey team travels to Missouri State (Varsity this time) on Friday, Feb. 12th and Saturday, Feb. 13th both at 7:00 PM at Jordan Valley. Mark it down on your calendar, and bring your Hog friends, Hog Hats, and Hog Spirits to Springfield to show these Bears, that SW MO really is Hog Territory!
GO HOGS!  :razorback:

qakhed