Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the best place to buy a hand gun?

Started by sowmonella, March 17, 2017, 10:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Been doing some research and places like Buds and Gun Brokers have much better prices on Springfield Armory's XDS 9MM. I know about the $35 fee from a local FFL dealer. Where do you guys prefer?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hogs run wild

try academy. if you are close to LR, i can tell you of a place i go to that has really good prices.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

pigture perfect

Asher Ave in Little Rock. Ask for big Mike. If he trusts you, it will be a great deal. If he doesn't you'll be dead.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

theFlyingHog

Ft Thompson usually has good prices and helpful guys behind the counter. I bought a FNS for $150 less than Gander Mountain was wanting

GolfNut57

Quote from: sowmonella on March 17, 2017, 10:55:11 pm
Been doing some research and places like Buds and Gun Brokers have much better prices on Springfield Armory's XDS 9MM. I know about the $35 fee from a local FFL dealer. Where do you guys prefer?

wait.......aren't you the same guy that just a week or two ago wanted to sell a pistol because you claim you don't shoot much anymore?  ???
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

sowmonella

I only go to the range about twice a year. Yes I sold my .357 and I'm going to buy something smaller for carry. The 13-3 I had was very heavy and bulky. I'll be retiring soon and will have the time for more shooting practice.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sowmonella

FYI on my search. I bought a Springfield Armory XD-S 9mm 3.3 today from Gunbuyer.com for $369 delivered. I'll have to pay a $35 FFL transfer fee but no tax on the purchase.
For comparison: The exact same pistol was priced at:
Bass Pro Shops $470 + tax
Cabela's           $500 + tax
Academy          $450 + tax
Ft. Thompson   $444 + tax
Gander Mtn      $500 + tax

Even with the FFL fee I saved over $100.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: sowmonella on March 22, 2017, 05:34:45 pm
FYI on my search. I bought a Springfield Armory XD-S 9mm 3.3 today from Gunbuyer.com for $369 delivered. I'll have to pay a $35 FFL transfer fee but no tax on the purchase.
For comparison: The exact same pistol was priced at:
Bass Pro Shops $470 + tax
Cabela's           $500 + tax
Academy          $450 + tax
Ft. Thompson   $444 + tax
Gander Mtn      $500 + tax

Even with the FFL fee I saved over $100.
Dude that's awesome. Who do you use for the transfer?

sowmonella

Hogs run wild

I forgot about the Gun Genie on Galleryofguns.com, the cool thing about buying from there is that you get to see prices from many dealers. I think they also provide a lifetime warranty on purchases.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

95_alum

March 28, 2017, 10:23:05 pm #11 Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:19:21 pm by 95_alum
Slickguns.com

EDIT- now:  gun.deals

vandybuff

... most any stoplight in south Memphis  :o
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

radar

There are several in Ft. Smith area that do transfers for $5.00..