Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Levy get it done?

Started by twistitup, September 29, 2017, 07:20:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Quote from: linkshog on September 29, 2017, 10:38:51 am
Naturally i avoid those items and go for popcorn and bbq. 
Popcorn sales vs crowd size had to be an NCAA game record low.

Signs on stands saying popcorn didn't even have it to start the game.

PygmalionEffect2

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

pigz

Chicken Finger Friday was pretty good today, Take notes Levy
You guys have a good time frig dancing

Cinco de Hogo

Frito Pie man, can just have become the Frito Pie! 

twistitup

FP would be great.....Fritos, chili, cheese - hard to mess that chit up.

Optional chopped onions would be great - but that's pushing the envelope.

Are we a Frito school? Or is Frito owned by Coke?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: linkshog on September 29, 2017, 10:38:51 am
So the company i work for provides all the food for Levy (Compass) accounts and they've been huge pain in the butt to deal with.  they have no clue how much to order or even what items to order.  Our rep has to sit them down every week and go through every single item and try to get them to commit to a quantity and delivery date.  We had it down to a science with the previous provider.  Just so you know i'm the guy that buys all the pretzels, ice cream, hamburgers and hot dogs and buns, and even the tortilla chips we enjoy every home game.  Naturally i avoid those items and go for popcorn and bbq.  We are getting ready to review the proposed items for basketball season.  i'll keep the board posted on any potential new crappy or delicious items.

Do you guys sell Fritos?

Did Levy order any...or just tortilla chips?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: twistitup on September 29, 2017, 03:40:01 pm
FP would be great.....Fritos, chili, cheese - hard to mess that chit up.

Optional chopped onions would be great - but that's pushing the envelope.

Are we a Frito school? Or is Frito owned by Coke?
Actually. Pepsi owns Frito.

SamBuckhart

Eat before you come to the game. Don't drink very much and you won't have to miss any of the action. Just my learned opinion, which I highly value.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

twistitup

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 29, 2017, 03:46:54 pm
Actually. Pepsi owns Frito.

Well....problem solved - I hear through the hogvine that Levy is opening a Frito Pie Stand on the upper deck, west side.

I heard Jeff talking in an interview about the top notch venues they work at - I'm ready to see the results in the stands.

In the stands and on the field - a big test....I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

No Pressure

Go Hogs

twistitup

Ordered 4 DP's ..received diet drinks

DoubleReedHawgCaller

We haven't handcuffed ourselves to a huge buyout have we?....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

bville_hog

I get there today and think great no line, I try to order and get told "the line starts way over there buddy", I look down see no other people and go "what line??????"

RebelliousHog

I've been to one game there, so I can't comment on personal knowledge, but didn't I read that this group was hired having NEVER worked a big venue before?

Seems they would have found someone who knew what it was like to work a stadium concession
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HenduHog on September 30, 2017, 12:42:41 pm
I've been to one game there, so I can't comment on personal knowledge, but didn't I read that this group was hired having NEVER worked a big venue before?

Seems they would have found someone who knew what it was like to work a stadium concession

http://www.levyrestaurants.com
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

twistitup

Levy struggles w speed of service -     

Porked Tongue

Pregame I walked the whole west side and south end looking at the options.

Decided on the Turkey leg.

They were out.

Cure

They only have one kitchen though, correct?
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

elksnort

I rarely have ever bought anything from concession stands screw up my way to after the game and go home and get something to eat or drink

hog.goblin

Much better today.  Plus they had free donuts. 

We'll see if they can maintain the trenches during conference play.

Porked Tongue

If these things happens to keep getting worse, does anyone know what the buyout is.  I remember TCU fans saying we were rinky dink in our concessions.  Maybe we should look at Tcu's concessions deal.  Surely they would want to move up and work for a superior program like ours.

Maybe some on Hogville in the know could recommend who we might steal from another program to replace Levy or Levi.  I would guess the folks that run the concessions have 5 year or more contracts with huge buyouts.

I just realized why Arkansas recently added alcohol to the fair in the Stadium.  With the team and coaching we got, you will sell a bunch.  Ole Jeff, always playing the angles to darken up that bottom line.

factchecker

The SOC was much better.

The chicken bacon ranch sandwich was really good.

Multiple beverage stations.

They were also passing out free donuts.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS