Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Columbia: A&M 24, South Carolina 13

Started by jbcarol, September 30, 2016, 10:32:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/781503399313285120

QuoteMuschamp coaches about 800 miles from the state of Texas' border, but that didn't keep him from chiming in this week on a perpetually hot-button topic among Texans.

"The Texas-Texas A&M game ought to be played every year," said South Carolina's first-year coach, whose program plays host to No. 9 A&M at 3 p.m. Saturday. "It's a great game for the state of Texas, (and) also for college football."

Muschamp, known for his hot-tempered and feisty sideline demeanor, once had an in-stadium view of the annual rivalry ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig Worshipper

65 yards rushing in the first half for A&M today - they're clearly not playing against Arkansas' porous defense, are they?

Kevin Sumlin's teams have a tough time every season starting right about now.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 01, 2016, 04:38:09 pm
65 yards rushing in the first half for A&M today - they're clearly not playing against Arkansas' porous defense, are they?

Kevin Sumlin's teams have a tough time every season starting right about now.

Hogs contribute by beating them up. Garrett out today.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Pig Worshipper

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 01, 2016, 04:40:35 pm
Hogs contribute by beating them up. Garrett out today.
I agree but, of course, Garrett doesn't play on their offense. There is some truth to a fairly common observation that we tend to make all opposing quarterbacks look like Heisman contenders.

jbcarol

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState 5m5 minutes ago

USC gets a turnover and a field goal from it, 14-10 A&M, 3:14. Gamecocks ran three straight times for 3 yards. A&M had the last played.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig Worshipper

A&M is a turnover machine in this 2nd half. They are practically gift wrapping this for 'ol Muskrat. The saving grace for them is that defensive front seven.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 6m6 minutes ago Georgia, USA

SC to punt following three and out, end of 3rd quarter: No. 9 Texas A&M 14, SC 10.

tophawg19

honestly , it looks like the AGS  threw everything they had at the hogs and haven't recovered from the physicalness  of that game . emotionally they look flat
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig Worshipper

October 01, 2016, 05:47:20 pm #10 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:05:16 pm by Pig Worshipper
Quote from: tophawg19 on October 01, 2016, 05:37:45 pm
honestly , it looks like the AGS  threw everything they had at the hogs and haven't recovered from the physicalness  of that game . emotionally they look flat
True, and I've heard Coach B say that, as well as some opposing coaches after other games, with us, but it does seem a little weak. "Yeah, sure we lost, but we beat 'em up so bad, they played like hell the week after we lost to 'em." It's about as satisfying as having marshmallows for dinner.

I really like Coach B, though, he seems like a good guy and a good coach.

tophawg19

nothing good about it unless it's a team i hate . but if you notice the big teams we play don't do well the next week. might come in handy if you are fighting for a title . even though you lose , they are beat up enough to lose next week
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 01, 2016, 05:57:08 pm
nothing good about it unless it's a team i hate . but if you notice the big teams we play don't do well the next week. might come in handy if you are fighting for a title . even though you lose , they are beat up enough to lose next week
Good point. I'm still really sore about last week and always losing to A&M.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman
‏@BrentZwerneman

Final stats:

jbcarol

jbcarol

Olivia Harlan ‏@Olivia_Harlan 18h18 hours ago

Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett out today- lower leg injury (left). WR's Seals-Jones and Speedy Noil out (expected back next wk). 3 didnt travel