Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Coach Morris Video

Started by The NewEra, February 23, 2018, 08:16:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/prepping-for-spring/

There doesn't appear to be one aspect of the players lives this coaching staff isn't paying attention to.  They are doing everything they can to make sure they understand any issues the players may be dealing with and how to support them.

I would like to say you can't fake being a great coach, but I was hoodwinked by previous coaches, so I won't go that far.  What I will say is that I can't find a thing Coach Morris is doing right now that doesn't make me feel assured he has 100% control over every aspect of this football program.  With every video released, it reinforces to me that this man has a plan and is working diligently every day to get us to where he and we want to be.

By the way, have you seen a list of the talent that will be visiting the hill this weekend?  It's a star studded list of 2019 & 2020 recruits unlike anything we've seen here under any previous administration.

oldhawg

Good stuff.  Morris seems to be the real deal. 

Most fans are so hungry for a return to competitive, respectable football by the Razorbacks that we are grasping at everything that looks positive.  IMO it will only take one full year (season and recruiting) to know if the Razorbacks are on the right track, or headed for more disappointment.  I tend to believe the former.

A thought about an individual player ---- IMO this season Devwah Whaley is going to be the running back that most fans expected him to be.  I just have a hunch that he is going to rise to the challenge under Morris and have a monster season as a player and a team leader.

The NewEra

Quote from: oldhawg on February 23, 2018, 09:18:18 am
Good stuff.  Morris seems to be the real deal. 

Most fans are so hungry for a return to competitive, respectable football by the Razorbacks that we are grasping at everything that looks positive.  IMO it will only take one full year (season and recruiting) to know if the Razorbacks are on the right track, or headed for more disappointment.  I tend to believe the former.

A thought about an individual player ---- IMO this season Devwah Whaley is going to be the running back that most fans expected him to be.  I just have a hunch that he is going to rise to the challenge under Morris and have a monster season as a player and a team leader.

Whaley didn't just wake up one day last year and lose his talent.  I agree with you, I expect a completely rejuvenated guy this year.

Vantage 8 dude

February 23, 2018, 11:10:02 am #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:25:33 am by Vantage 8 dude
One of the thing that most intrigues (and encourages) me is the attention to detail this staff is apparently bringing to the table. No, we haven't accomplished anything, either on the practice field or during a game, however, if one looks at any of the great football programs around the country ONE of the keys to achieving and maintaining excellent results is close attention to detail. And this means EVERY aspect-from nutrition, off season conditioning, establishing the systems the coaches will install and tweak, running practices, developing the kids who're on campus, recruiting, etc.

Understandably Saban has been established as the "gold standard" of attention to total detail. Heck, I've even heard him described as the "king of nitpickers". Rarely does anything escape his attention. The guy is "Mr. Detail" The reason: he understands that aside from just having great talent, a team has to have the foundation of excellence built from day one and maintained throughout the year. If you can't/don't get the small things right, it's going to be virtually impossible to get the truly important things correct.

I hope this staff takes a like approach. Yep, without a doubt we have to continue upgrading the talent. However, not having the proper foundation to details in place will often torpedo so much of your work and efforts in other areas. Let's hope we've finally recognized that truth.

Dark Helmet Hog

His attention to detail is impressive. I look forward to seeing how this translates to practices in the spring and how it affects the "look" of the team.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Nashville Fan

Makes sense why the SMU fans were sad but not mad that Coach Morris left. He looks like he will give 100% while he is here and he will make a difference. They did not feel like he coasted or owed them more.
Pittman or Bust!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Excellent video. As some of you have mentioned above, CCM often talks about details, or even "small details." The big picture and basic fundamentals are a given, but so many of our failures in the last few years have been because of a little thing here or there. Or, a few little things all at once.

I also like "show me the want to, and I'll show you the how to."

bphi11ips

How can you not love this guy?

Arkansas has not had a man of this quality at the helm in 30 years.  That's not to say Bret Bielema isn't a good man or Bobby Petrino isn't a good coach, but Chad Morris is both with the charisma of Frank Broyles.  Most of all, he understands what made Arkansas great and how to make us great again.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

liljo

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 23, 2018, 04:38:11 pm

Arkansas has not had a man of this quality at the helm in 30 years.  That's not to say Bret Bielema isn't a good man or Bobby Petrino isn't a good coach, but Chad Morris is both with the charisma of Frank Broyles.  Most of all, he understands what made Arkansas great and how to make us great again.

I absolutely cannot figure that one out, either.

I can't wait for Spring practice to start. Really looking forward to watching this team develop, and I anticipate some great recruiting classes in the future.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

The NewEra

I was reading on another site and a guy said "you really have to work overtime to try and find something about Morris to complain about".  There's much truth to that.

OLEJACKETFAN

I know this is a little off track, but it gives insight into CM. I ran into a Lady back Home a couple weeks ago at the Chevron Gas Station. Was talking to her about her Son who plays at SMU. Asked her how she felt about CM leaving SMU and was she upset. I have known her for years. Lady works hard and there isn't a Father in the boys life.  She told me not mad at all. Nothing but high praise for CM! She told me that her son could have surely ended up on the wrong path and a couple of guys he went to School with were already in Jail! Was very proud of her Son and told me that CM was like a Father to her Son! She said because of CM, her Son would graduate from SMU and without a doubt he will be productive in life. I know most Folks would say whats the big deal about that? Two things, One is people really don't know how tuff an environment he came from. The second thing & most important is this guy got into a little trouble at SMU. Chad suspended him for the Tulsa game which was at Tulsa, so he didn't make the trip. CM also made him call his Mom and tell her he wouldn't playin that game. But she said her Son told her he did wrong and it wouldn't happen again! He started the next game and hasn't been in any trouble since! This is the CM yall will get to know.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 11:10:02 am
One of the thing that most intrigues (and encourages) me is the attention to detail this staff is apparently bringing to the table. No, we haven't accomplished anything, either on the practice field or during a game, however, if one looks at any of the great football programs around the country ONE of the keys to achieving and maintaining excellent results is close attention to detail. And this means EVERY aspect-from nutrition, off season conditioning, establishing the systems the coaches will install and tweak, running practices, developing the kids who're on campus, recruiting, etc.

Understandably Saban has been established as the "gold standard" of attention to total detail. Heck, I've even heard him described as the "king of nitpickers". Rarely does anything escape his attention. The guy is "Mr. Detail" The reason: he understands that aside from just having great talent, a team has to have the foundation of excellence built from day one and maintained throughout the year. If you can't/don't get the small things right, it's going to be virtually impossible to get the truly important things correct.

I hope this staff takes a like approach. Yep, without a doubt we have to continue upgrading the talent. However, not having the proper foundation to details in place will often torpedo so much of your work and efforts in other areas. Let's hope we've finally recognized that truth.

CBP was detailed like this. Let’s hope CCM realizes he needs a D. Hiring the Chief is a good start.

The last few weeks I have been watching games from 2011. We used to scream “Fire Willy” but his defenses looked top shelf compared to what we have put on the field the last couple of seasons.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

farmhawg

Quote from: The NewEra on February 23, 2018, 08:16:54 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/prepping-for-spring/

There doesn't appear to be one aspect of the players lives this coaching staff isn't paying attention to.  They are doing everything they can to make sure they understand any issues the players may be dealing with and how to support them.

I would like to say you can't fake being a great coach, but I was hoodwinked by previous coaches, so I won't go that far.  What I will say is that I can't find a thing Coach Morris is doing right now that doesn't make me feel assured he has 100% control over every aspect of this football program.  With every video released, it reinforces to me that this man has a plan and is working diligently every day to get us to where he and we want to be.

By the way, have you seen a list of the talent that will be visiting the hill this weekend?  It's a star studded list of 2019 & 2020 recruits unlike anything we've seen here under any previous administration.
Thanks for the post. +1

Part of the problem or part of the solution. Amen and enough said.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hoggish1

The bodies have started to change already.  Good sign!

LZH

Good video. Still convinced we hired the right guy.

OLEJACKETFAN

Has anyone gotten feedback/thoughts from any Players about how things are different?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on February 23, 2018, 09:52:20 pm
Has anyone gotten feedback/thoughts from any Players about how things are different?

I imagine at this point in the transition the players are going to say the right thing even if it isnt what they feel.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Flrazrback

Players are still questioning thier future role in the program at this juncture I would suspect. We should know soon enough who is fully bought in and who may be looking for transfer. Coach Morris and staff are doing a fine job IMO and things looking very bright heading into the spring practices.

alohawg

Cautious optimism is my approach. So far so good, nothing not to like.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

The NewEra

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on February 23, 2018, 09:52:20 pm

There isn't a lot coming out yet that I've been able hear about.  The interview Richard Davenport did with Hudson Henry was a glimmer of insight.  He said his brother Hayden, currently on the team "he loves it, he loves the new offense Coach Morris brings, the new drive, the energy.  He's just really enjoying it, he's working his butt off up there and he said Morris is doing a great job I believe him, so"

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/22/hudson-henry-recaps-recent-visits-talks-upcoming-a/

The NewEra

JONAS

Honestly, I did not want him to be our coach. This was because I did not do any research on him.  I just looked at his record at SMU, and he was also not a BIG NAME.  At least not to me.   I admit I was wrong about him.  I think that we got the best coach that we could have gotten. 

liljo

Quote from: JONAS on February 24, 2018, 11:20:26 am
Honestly, I did not want him to be our coach. This was because I did not do any research on him.  I just looked at his record at SMU, and he was also not a BIG NAME.  At least not to me.   I admit I was wrong about him.  I think that we got the best coach that we could have gotten.

...and I think you're a heck of a good guy for coming back and saying such.

Hog fans are just so hungry after all these frustrating seasons.

WPS!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

JONAS

Quote from: liljo on February 24, 2018, 12:47:44 pm
...and I think you're a heck of a good guy for coming back and saying such.

Hog fans are just so hungry after all these frustrating seasons.

WPS!

I'm definitely ready for the season to start.