Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, April 27, 2017, 11:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razobak

SEC Network ran a segment last night predicting the NCAA tournament chances of each SEC team. BPI gave Arkansas an 89% chance of making the tournament, and Lunardi has us pegged as a 9 seed. Florida had a 56% chance, and was pegged as a 6 seed.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Hog Pharm

razorback1829

Just keep winning and the numbers will take care of themselves! We have a dangerous team for the tournament format!

jbcarol

NBCSports:

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology  UPDATED: February 19, 2018
SEC (Eight): AUBURN, Tennessee, Missouri, Alabama, Kentucky, Texas AM, Arkansas, Florida

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Fan701

Quote from: razobak on February 19, 2018, 09:19:50 am
SEC Network ran a segment last night predicting the NCAA tournament chances of each SEC team. BPI gave Arkansas an 89% chance of making the tournament, and Lunardi has us pegged as a 9 seed. Florida had a 56% chance, and was pegged as a 6 seed.
Florida's upcoming schedule is not easy.  They play @Tennessee, @Alabama, Auburn, and Kentucky.  Maybe they'll come out of that 2-2?

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

Quote from: razobak on February 19, 2018, 09:19:50 am

Without seeing all the analysis, I figure they are saying IF Fla goes 3-1 or 4-0 then they'd be in 6 seed range, but there is a chance they go 0-4 and miss the ncaat entirely?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fan701

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2018, 09:32:48 am
Without seeing all the analysis, I figure they are saying IF Fla goes 3-1 or 4-0 then they'd be in 6 seed range, but there is a chance they go 0-4 and miss the ncaat entirely?

Might be right.  Since they have a daunting schedule coming up, if they make the tournament at all, it will mean they beat some very good teams over the next two weeks, which could earn them a 6 seed.  I agree they could come out of this 0-4 and maybe miss the tournament.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2018, 09:32:48 am

I would say the same thing about us.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Pharm on February 19, 2018, 09:49:19 am

Not sure the Hogs can get to a 6, but anywhere 7-11 is still possible.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razobak

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2018, 09:53:38 am

It's a long shot, but I absolutely believe that if we win out, plus make some noise in the SEC Tournament, we can get to a 6 seed or possibly even higher. Winning out would entail 4 more Q1 wins and guarantee us at least a 3rd place finish in the SEC standings, and depending on if Tennessee loses again, possibly a 2nd place finish. Add a couple SEC Tournament wins and you're looking at a helluva resume.

Again, I don't think we'll actually win out. I think we'll drop one of the road games at either Bama or Mizzou. But if we do win out, it would be a travesty if we're not at least a 6. It would also really help if Oklahoma would snap out of its funk; that neutral court win has been losing a lot of its luster over the past month.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hog Pharm on February 19, 2018, 09:49:19 am
Yep, we need to take care of business in our two home games. Otherwise, we could end up getting screwed.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jgphillips3

All I want is to do whatever it takes, win or lose, to not be an 8-9 seed.  That will just, at best, perpetuate our one win NCAA.  Yes, I understand a 7 seed meets a 2 seed but that's still better than one of the top four teams.  I'd rather be a 10 or 11 seed rather than an 8 or 9.  We can easily take down a 6 or 7 seed and handle a 2 or 3 after that better than a 1.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2018, 09:53:38 am

Our RPI is around 25 now.  If we go 4-0 it would be top 20 easily with several quadrant 1 wins. That's at least a 6 seed and probably higher.  Now, we're not going to win out but our seeding would skyrocket if we did.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Pharm on February 19, 2018, 10:14:07 am
Our RPI is around 25 now.  If we go 4-0 it would be top 20 easily with several quadrant 1 wins. That's at least a 6 seed and probably higher.  Now, we're not going to win out but our seeding would skyrocket if we did.

Several quadrant 1 wins? How many do we have now? TN is the only 1 from the list I saw over the weekend. KY will not end up being one of those, neither will Bama or likely not Mizzu, so that leaves Aub.

raz1965

All 4 are quadrant 1 wins, should we win.

razobak

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2018, 10:45:40 am
Several quadrant 1 wins? How many do we have now? TN is the only 1 from the list I saw over the weekend. KY will not end up being one of those, neither will Bama or likely not Mizzu, so that leaves Aub.

Right now, we have five RPI Q1 wins - 32 Oklahoma (N), 21 A&M, 15 Tennessee, 23 Mizzou, and @ 64 Georgia (top 75 road win). Finishing out the season 4-0 would give us 9 Q1 wins.

Remember the criteria for Q1: Home vs. top 35, Neutral vs. top 50, Road vs. top 75. Our remaining games are 18 Kentucky, @ 33 Bama, 8 Auburn, and @ 23 Mizzou. We could lose a Q1 win if Georgia falls out of the top 75.

If you're going to troll, at least know what you're talking about.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
6m6 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted, minor changes, OU dropping fast...www,http://bracketwag.com

hogsanity

Quote from: razobak on February 19, 2018, 04:42:39 pm
Right now, we have five RPI Q1 wins - 32 Oklahoma (N), 21 A&M, 15 Tennessee, 23 Mizzou, and @ 64 Georgia (top 75 road win). Finishing out the season 4-0 would give us 9 Q1 wins.

Remember the criteria for Q1: Home vs. top 35, Neutral vs. top 50, Road vs. top 75. Our remaining games are 18 Kentucky, @ 33 Bama, 8 Auburn, and @ 23 Mizzou. We could lose a Q1 win if Georgia falls out of the top 75.

If you're going to troll, at least know what you're talking about.

The way they are playing OU could drop out.

As I said the list I saw only listed TN. Went back and re read it and it was only listing home q1 wins. Sorry.

razorback1829

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:16:02 am

As I said the list I saw only listed TN. Went back and re read it and it was only listing home q1 wins. Sorry.

OU won't fall out. They have good wins, and they won't be penalized too much for losing to Kansas.

99toLife

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 20, 2018, 10:26:52 am
OU won't fall out. They have good wins, and they won't be penalized too much for losing to Kansas.

Maybe, but at least it was a close game..  ;)

NM-They lost by 30 points..

hogsanity

Playing like they are they could drop 2, 3, or 4 more.

razorback1829

Quote from: 99toLife on February 20, 2018, 10:47:48 am
Maybe, but at least it was a close game..  ;)

NM-They lost by 30 points..

Can't do anything bout that. Key is, we won.

hawg66

not your fault. You always look for the negative. Can't help yourself. Just keep keeping it real.

SMH

razobak

OU would have to completely fall out of the RPI top 50 for it to no longer count as Q1 for us. They have games remaining vs. K-State, @ Baylor, and vs. Iowa State. Losing to KU only dropped them from 32 to 34. They're not going to drop out of the top 50.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

razobak

What list did you see? Even if it was only home Q1 wins, we have home Q1 wins over TAMU, Tennessee, and Mizzou.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

jbcarol

Scott Gleeson
‏Verified account @ScottMGleeson

.@USATODAYSports' NCAA tournament bracketology: Kentucky, other No. 5 seeds are Final Four threats https://usat.ly/2nTpuku  via @BracketWAG

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
20m20 minutes ago

Congrats Michigan, you are now a LOCK - bracket posted, http://buff.ly/2FkEbpd

dsims2k3

Lunardi has us at a 9 seed in the updated bracket.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
40m40 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted, not really much change - revisiting the whole darn thing tonight. http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

Bracketville
‏ @BracketguyDave
1h1 hour ago

If you're catching up after a busy Friday ... your updated Bracket: http://ow.ly/2ezX30iAtNW  and Seed List:

SEC (9): AUBURN, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Texas AM, LSU

jst01

Oh PLEASE get in Nashville!! I was going to see the regional there anyhow. If Hogs are in it that would be twice as sweet.

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
15m15 minutes ago

Friday night scrubbing complete - bracket posted, big day today, enjoy. http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

Does College basketball owes it to clean programs to penalize bad behavior before NCAA Tournament?

Quote"Congratulations to the 2018 NCAA Tournament champions, the (team redacted)." – Jim Nantz, April 2, 2018

That is the situation we are currently facing after the latest news regarding the FBI's investigation into college basketball broke on Friday morning. Major powerhouse programs — including blue bloods such as Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina —

The proverbial ball is now in NCAA president Mark Emmert's court, and the next steps he takes, which will be watched through a highly magnified set of glass, are of highest importance.

"Simply put, people who engage in this kind of behavior have no place in college sports," Emmert said in a statement on Friday. "They are an affront to all those who play by the rules."

Actions are louder, and a lot harder to execute, than words, and with a number of teams involved in the allegations having a decent-to-great chance at winning it all during college basketball's prime event — the NCAA Tournament —

My response, and what I think the NCAA's response should be, is this: What about the other teams that aren't named? Should Purdue see itself defeated by a Collin Sexton-led Alabama team, only to see that player's eligibility come up again and again throughout a drawn-out process? Should we see teams be left out and relegated to the NIT while Kentucky and Auburn make their way in?

Should we not reward those who play by the rules instead of casting doubt on who will be recognized as tournament participants, Final Four achievers and the champion for months and years to come?

Frankly, I don't want to see another banner be taken down due to inactivity by the NCAA.

Of course, we would be naive to actually believe the NCAA would go to these lengths. The annual tournament, after all, means major money, and a lot of these teams named in the probe are the cash cows. Duke and North Carolina...

jbcarol

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dominicanhog

Man, a 6 seed in Dallas with TT as the big dog... I think it would be good for us as well.. Detroit with MSU, not so much..

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
7m7 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted, things are starting to firm up - http://bracketwag.com

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jbcarol on February 25, 2018, 08:30:42 am
Shelby Mast
7m7 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted, things are starting to firm up - http://bracketwag.com

My head would explode. I'm sick of being screwed by the baby blue stripes in the NCAA. No way they pair us up with them again.

BigE_23

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 22, 2018, 10:05:12 am
Lunardi has us at a 9 seed in the updated bracket.
Against St. Mary's...horrible matchup for us. Unlike us, they play disciplined basketball.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BigE_23 on February 25, 2018, 08:42:39 am
Against St. Mary's...horrible matchup for us. Unlike us, they play disciplined basketball.

The same team that UGA beat. Arkansas is better than Georgia.

razorback1829

We would MOP the floor with St Mary's! Please let us get them lol

LivingLegends

Must've taken hours of studying college basketball to conjure up this kind of in-depth analysis.  You're simple minded post made me laugh.

jbcarol

Quadrant 1 Win Totals (as of games played 2/24)

KU      11-3
UNC    10-5
Virginia 8-1
UF        8-4
Aubbie  8-5

Nova     7-3

Houston 6-2
Purdue  6-3
XU        6-4
TTech    6-5
LSU      6-6
WVU     6-6
Mizzou  6-7
OU       6-8

UC        5-3
FSU      5-4
VaTech  5-5
Bama    5-6
NCSt     5-6
Ark       5-7
Vols      5-7
A&M     5-7
Tejas    5-9

St. Bon  4-2
Zona     4-3
Miami   4-4
ASU      4-4
Mich     4-5
SetHall  4-6
TCU      4-7
Prov     4-7
Marq     4-7
UG       4-8
SoCar   4-9
Baylor  4-10

Zags     3-1
WichSt  3-2
MTSU   3-3
MichSt  3-3
Duke    3-3
OhioSt  3-5
SoCal    3-5
Wash    3-5
MSSt    3-6
Utes     3-6
UCLA    3-6
Creigh. 3-7
Butler   3-8
KState  3-8
T. Owls 3-8
UofL     3-8
UK       3-8

Nevada    2-2
URI         2-4
Oregon    2-5
NotreDam2-6
PennSt    2-6
Clemson  2-7
Syracuse 2-7
Note: There are some other projected automatic qualifiers with 2 Quad 1 wins

St. Mary's 1-1
BoiseSt     1-2
Nebraska  1-5
------------------

jbcarol

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

k.c.hawg

Jerry Palm has the Hogs as a 7 as of this morning.

Aub      2
Tenn     3
Kent     5
Ark      7
A&M    9
Miz     10
Fl       10
Al       11
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

LivingLegends

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2018, 10:32:27 am
how does Arkansas not move up a spot or two?
Reading through the twitter conversation it appears to have our last 2 games predicted.  It isn't a what seed are we if the season ends today bracket.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 25, 2018, 10:43:17 am
Reading through the twitter conversation it appears to have our last 2 games predicted.  It isn't a what seed are we if the season ends today bracket.
they have us losing both?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"