Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whaley's Jaw

Started by WoooPig2018, September 21, 2017, 10:41:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig Power

Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 21, 2017, 11:35:43 am
It's football you stinking pack of pu$$ies!!! It's physical, emotional, and sometimes, momentarily, out of control. Fights happen ALL THE TIME, girls, on every team. If anything, this means guys are pissed and practicing hard with passion. It's probably not even true but if it is, it certainly doesn't mean CBB has lost control. Get a damn grip.
Preach

Uncle Remus

Again, where is the confirmation on this?

HawgTrough

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 21, 2017, 11:42:13 am
3 pages with no link or confirmation.

Color me shocked.

a2m has scored first
WPS

razorcash2

Quote from: je100 on September 21, 2017, 11:13:49 am
What a bunch of drama queens.

Guess what.  Teenage boys, full of testosterone, sometimes like to hit each other in the face.

There have been plenty of things to blame on our coaches over the last few years.  This is not one of them.
Agreed.

HawgTrough

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 21, 2017, 11:42:39 am
If you woke up this morning and decided you wanted to unsuccessfully troll someone on the internet that's completely fine with me. Mission accomplished. I still don't think Whaley did much this season that makes it a huge loss if we have to play without him. If that's player bashing then good. Maybe Chase will get more than two carries

so you're gonna double down? Hopefully recruits don't read this board. Fans like you are a total embarrassment
WPS

PorkRinds

Quote from: Uncle Remus on September 21, 2017, 11:43:38 am

I mean, are you expecting a presser at 4? It didn't just come out of no where. Could obviously be overblown with the broken jaw stuff, especially if he's going to play. Can't play with a broken jaw.

010HogFan

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 21, 2017, 11:44:53 am
so you're gonna double down? Hopefully recruits don't read this board. Fans like you are a total embarrassment

I still fail to see your point about what it is I have said that is in error. Would you rather I rant about how bad the coach is for letting this happen or try to find the positive that we have running back depth? I'm confused.

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 11:39:27 am
One punch can break a jaw. A slam to the ground can break a jaw.

I know, but still. It's not a good look. I would say it's pretty rare for an injury like this to happen in the setting it happened in.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 11:45:20 am
I mean, are you expecting a presser at 4? It didn't just come out of no where. Could obviously be overblown with the broken jaw stuff, especially if he's going to play. Can't play with a broken jaw.

I thought it was you couldn't eat solid food with a broken jaw?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rhames

I'm thinking they got in a fight and his jaw wasn't broken.

The word got out and things may be  exaggerated
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Next1_04

Quote from: Uncle Remus on September 21, 2017, 11:43:38 am

4 pages of thread- Still nothing confirmed. Lets keep it rolling!

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 11:45:20 am
I'm hearing he's out indefinitely...guess we will see.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 21, 2017, 11:45:39 am
I know, but still. It's not a good look. I would say it's pretty rare for an injury like this to happen in the setting it happened in.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-qb-geno-smith-out-6-10-weeks-with-broken-jaw-after-fight/

redleg

So is the busted jaw thing real or not?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hobhog

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 21, 2017, 11:28:31 am
player bashing. You're the worst kind of poster, tool

You avatar is sad

HamSammich

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 21, 2017, 11:42:13 am
3 pages with no link or confirmation.

Color me shocked.

Not going to link it because I'm not sure the TaC. But checking the source of numbers I get and use the line changed about an hour ago.

Uncle Remus

All I'm saying is that if this isn't true, has been exaggerated, or if any details are different that what is being "reported", this makes us look horrible.  If it is true, really is cause for concern for the team.  Interested to hear if anything about this is brought up on the Bret Bielema show tonight.  Don't expect him to comment on details, but wonder if he will mention if Whaley is available for the game.

HawgTrough

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 21, 2017, 11:45:23 am
I still fail to see your point about what it is I have said that is in error. Would you rather I rant about how bad the coach is for letting this happen or try to find the positive that we have running back depth? I'm confused.

"Honestly not a huge loss"

just own it man. We all have bad days
WPS

hogcard1964

All rumor so far.

It's probably nothing.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

*For the aggie lurkers*

How do you drown an Aggie?

Put a scratch-and-sniff sticker on the bottom of a pool.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Wildhog

The fight is confirmed.  The jaw is not.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Polecat

I had a broken jaw once
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HawgTrough

WPS

010HogFan

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 21, 2017, 11:48:21 am

Ok bad phrasing. You happy now?

hobhog

Quote from: rhames on September 21, 2017, 11:46:42 am

Still need to fire people tho. They can't control rumors worth a damn....

rhames

Quote from: Wildhog on September 21, 2017, 11:48:50 am
The fight is confirmed.  The jaw is not.

That's what I've gathered.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

IronHog

Quote from: redleg on September 21, 2017, 11:47:28 am
So is the busted jaw thing real or not?

You think anyone on that team can hit hard enough to break a jaw?

If it's true (and probably not) this kid needs to be named defensive captain and on the field ASAP.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

(notOM)Rebel123

A broken jaw is the second most common facial injury...outside of a broken nose. FWIW.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Grag T

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 21, 2017, 11:48:21 am

Pretty sure you must be my ex wife lol
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

BigE_23

BassinHawg

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 21, 2017, 11:44:53 am

Don't worry, Jeff Long already took care of getting good recruits by stating that winning wasn't a priority.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 21, 2017, 11:46:42 am

yea, probably nothing to see here.

WooPigFarm

gotta be smarter than this boys, cmon team

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 21, 2017, 11:51:02 am
yea, probably nothing to see here.

"Barney Fife shot himself in the chest!"
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HawgTrough

WPS

hog.goblin

All this and we have no evidence it's true

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HawgTrough

WPS

Bacon_Bitz

I have never gotten into a fight and never had my jaw broken, and I never saw any playing time on the football field. So if he got into a fight AND his jaw is broken, I can't imagine him ever seeing the field again.

RME

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 21, 2017, 11:52:57 am
I have never gotten into a fight and never had my jaw broken, and I never saw any playing time on the football field. So if he got into a fight AND his jaw is broken, I can't imagine him ever seeing the field again.

That's not dramatic at all.

Next1_04

Over Under on how many pages deep this gets before being moved to the Rumor Forum?

HawgTrough

WPS

porkrindjimmy

Danny West is confirming the brawl part. Says it wasn't Brandon Martins fault. Which surprised him.

PRJ

rhames

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 21, 2017, 11:52:05 am
All this and we have no evidence it's true

I mean the president isn't going to tweet about it if that is what you are looking for.

The school is not going to out out a presser

People have connections and thus far it seems like a fight happened but status of Whaley' s jaw is TBD.

rhames

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 21, 2017, 11:55:10 am
Danny West is confirming the brawl part. Says it wasn't Brandon Martins fault. Which surprised him.

PRJ

Thanks PRJ

Word on injury?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 21, 2017, 11:52:57 am
I have never gotten into a fight and never had my jaw broken, and I never saw any playing time on the football field.

So if he got into a fight AND his jaw is broken, I can't imagine him ever seeing the field again.

Not sure how these two thought processes are related...

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 21, 2017, 11:54:36 am
Over Under on how many pages deep this gets before being moved to the Rumor Forum?

It isn't rumor as far as a brawl and Whaley got his jaw jacked. The broke part is what's up in the air.

PRJ

hoglady

Man - no one knows what started it or why it happened.
Why all the piling on Brandon because he apparently won the fight?
And I'm not buying we won't miss Whaley if he can't play - even if he hasn't been running that well, he'll be missed in pass protection.
Tempers flare sometimes, Brandon probably didn't actually mean to break Whaley's jaw (if true).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Grag T

This would never happen under Bobby Petrino and fire Jeff Long and Nutt sucks and what time is the game Saturday.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

porkrindjimmy