Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJ Derby

Started by deedster84, November 28, 2014, 09:38:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

deedster84

Trey Schaap ‏@trey1037TheBuzz 2m2 minutes ago

If you were listening to @DavidBazzel and me on Hog Wild Gameday you would have heard us mention that AJ Derby did not make trip to Columbia

Hawgfan27

JHicks3636

I really hate this for AJ. He is one of those true Hogs who stuck it out, did not complain, did what he was asked, and showed real leadership. Surely he will be ready for our bowl game.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

trashcan maN

People saying he likely wont bowl either.

On the bright side, he'll probably be on an NFL squad this time next year.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 28, 2014, 09:54:31 am

On the bright side, he'll probably be on an NFL squad this time next year.
He's got a recurring knee problem.

AirForceHog

That's not good. Get better AJ. Who steps up?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

JHicks3636

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 28, 2014, 09:54:31 am

This raises it to an even higher level of "sucks"

Ragnar Hogbrok

He did great things for us this year.  I hope that he recovers fully and goes on to have a successful pro career. 

Thanks for everything, A.J.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: AirForceHog on November 28, 2014, 09:58:52 am
That's not good. Get better AJ. Who steps up?

Time for Sprinkle to break out.  If this team has truly embraced the "next man up" mentality, someone will fill the void.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Pudgepork

I hate that for him.  He went along with the position switch and quickly became an important cog in this offense.  I hope they get the problem fixed and his knee strengthens enough for the NFL combines next spring if he is interested

Sprinkle!   Front and center.   Today is your day

jgphillips3

Quote from: The Chief on November 28, 2014, 10:00:50 am
He did great things for us this year.  I hope that he recovers fully and goes on to have a successful pro career. 

Thanks for everything, A.J.

Ditto this.  Thank you AJ!

GolfnHog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on November 28, 2014, 09:55:29 am
He's got a recurring knee problem.

anyone know if it's something that can be cleaned up w/ a scope or is going to require more? Either way, what a leader and I hope he gets everything in life he seeks!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Huds_HawgTide

Derby easily became a huge hit with all fans this yr...i love seeing qbs change positions and embrace it and ball out...robert johnson was another favorite...thats a hard switch from always being a qb, the man, to finding another place to contribute...lots of respect and admiration and love for derby...get better and represent us well on the next level #wps #neveryield #beuncommon
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Uncommon

He may be back for the bowl game.  Won't be his final chance to don the Razorback uniform.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Sprinkle can do today.

gmarv

that's a real shame.

rusvegashog

Dudes got swagger. Has become in a short time really one of my favorites. Best of health and recovery.to him.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: The Chief on November 28, 2014, 10:01:37 am
Time for Sprinkle to break out.  If this team has truly embraced the "next man up" mentality, someone will fill the void.

Really hate to hear that about AJ, he's had a great year for us. but you are correct about Sprinkle, it is time! also perhaps time for receivers to be featured and have a break out
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

As usual when it comes to Hog injuries, I am confused.  Is Derby so ill he cannot make the trip to MO.?  Because if he isn't I am sure he would make the trip to MO to support the team and be a part.

On most college teams if you are not making the trip its because you are unable to do so for reasons such as being in the hospital or having surgery today or you have committed an act that is not acceptable to the HC or Police or some such problem.

Does anyone know anything for sure?

Chief Mac

Quote from: 12247 on November 28, 2014, 11:06:21 am
As usual when it comes to Hog injuries, I am confused.  Is Derby so ill he cannot make the trip to MO.?  Because if he isn't I am sure he would make the trip to MO to support the team and be a part.

On most college teams if you are not making the trip its because you are unable to do so for reasons such as being in the hospital or having surgery today or you have committed an act that is not acceptable to the HC or Police or some such problem.

For most programs, Injured players that will not play, typically do not travel as there is a limit to how many players are on the traveling squad
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

A.J. Derby is a very important cog to our offense.  The D must account for him anytime he is on the field.  He will be missed more than BA if BA cannot play.  Derby is a catcher, blocker, spirit leader, and a great example of team first.  When he gets the ball he might just take it to the house and will get more than most out of the touch.  This hurts.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 28, 2014, 11:06:21 am

Road rosters are limited to 70 in the SEC, we needed other kids to make the trip.

rtr

Hate it for AJ and for Arkansas.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

A.K.A.

Dang! I really liked his enthusiasm when he played, I think it rubbed off on everyone else.
Home town of Texarkana Arkansas

1 hog n eldo

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2014, 11:29:49 am
Road rosters are limited to 70 in the SEC, we needed other kids to make the trip.
They should change that rule. He deserves to be with his teammates on the sideline.

ricepig

Quote from: 1 hog n eldo on November 28, 2014, 12:15:09 pm
They should change that rule. He deserves to be with his teammates on the sideline.

I guess he could be one of the equipment guys, usually when someone doesn't travel, they are getting treatment or needed rest. BA traveled to Rutgers last year, so there's different circumstances.

Augustus

Quote from: JHicks3636 on November 28, 2014, 09:45:42 am
I really hate this for AJ. He is one of those true Hogs who stuck it out, did not complain, did what he was asked, and showed real leadership. Surely he will be ready for our bowl game.

No, I'm seeing on twitter that he's already had surgery for the knee. He's out for the rest of his career at Arkansas. Whether he plays on Sunday, who knows.

We've seen the last of AJ, I'm afraid.

ChicoHog

we could have used him today.  Hope he is well for the bowl game.

BigSexyHog

Sucks for him.  Could have used him today
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

MrKlem10

Missed this guy big time today.