Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next year's d-line

Started by Razorback4, November 27, 2014, 08:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback4

Anybody have any ideas what it will look like as far as lineup? I know we are losing Flowers but just from the top of my head we will still have:

- DeMarcus Hodge
- Bijhon Jackson
- Taiwan Johnson
- Darius Philon
- Jamichael Winston
- Deatrich Wise

And we will be bringing in some good new blood:

- Jamarion Bell (4* DE)
- Hjalte Froholdt (4* DT)
- Jeremiah Ledbetter (4* DE)

How good is this line going to be not only next year but in the next 2-3 years?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Tevin Beanum don't forget about him. He's contributed this year.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

IBleedRazorbackRed

2 deep in my opinion:

Wise, Beanum
Taiwan, bijohn
Philon, froholdt
Winston, Lewis

And then our 3rd team could be:

Bell
Marks
Hodge
Ledbetter

Very deep and we'll probably have about 10 guys rotating in and playing significant snaps

secneahog

Watts will be in that rotation.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Lake City Hog

Armon Watts???
Mitch Loewen, don't laugh he has played well!!
Jake Hall Redshirt
Anthony Brown Redshirt
We have enough GOOD players that maybe we can redshirt more of the incoming class.

Linebacker could be the spot that causes some concern.
B Ellis   will hold the middle and be at the very least mentioned as All SEC
J Williams?? Is he too good to be backing up Ellis?
R Ramsey  Probably our speed LB unless he grows into a DE
D Eugene
K Hackett

jackflash

Don't we have another Defensive line recruit named Dean. I think Ledbetter will play can't see them recruit a JC player and him not play. Agree with LAKE CITY HOG with only 5 Linebackers on scholarship it will be a concern, which is why I think they will bring 3 or 4.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 27, 2014, 09:23:02 am
Armon Watts???
Jake Hall Redshirt
Anthony Brown Redshirt
We have enough GOOD players that maybe we can redshirt more of the incoming class.

D Eugene
K Hackett

Anthony Brown played this year. He maybe a redshirt option next year.

bigdaddyhawg

Armon Watts???
Jake Hall Redshirt
Anthony Brown Redshirt

D Eugene
K Hackett

Yes.  Mitchell has been in the game at key times and has made his presence felt, that's for sure.

The fact he's been in the rotation shows this staff has confidence in him, even if most of the fans haven't noticed.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Bionic_Pig

Ledbetter will be in the 2-deep rotation He is that good right NOW!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rljjr

Did Loewen move from TE to DE after he recovered from his injury or does he still play some TE at times?

GuvHog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 27, 2014, 09:07:32 am
2 deep in my opinion:

Wise, Beanum
Taiwan, bijohn
Philon, froholdt
Winston, Lewis

And then our 3rd team could be:

Bell
Marks
Hodge
Ledbetter

Very deep and we'll probably have about 10 guys rotating in and playing significant snaps

I seriously doubt that Hodge will drop back to the 3rd team. 2nd team is more likely IMHO.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Oklahawg

Quote from: rljjr on November 27, 2014, 11:17:50 am
Did Loewen move from TE to DE after he recovered from his injury or does he still play some TE at times?

Permanent move, he's in the DE rotation. Also likes to sneak a peek at his sweety in the stands...who sits with other GFs near my seats and prove to be a distraction if I'm not careful :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

We will be every bit as good on defense next year as we are right now.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

gmarv

I have also noticed loewen,he seems to be getting more time and has made some plays while hes in there.

lookawayquick

Loewen is a stud pass rusher.  If you haven't noticed pay attention on pass downs.  #89 will be in the game and most likely close to the QB.  It will not surprise me if he is a starter next year.  Hogs Dline is in good shape for 2015.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 27, 2014, 08:55:35 am
Tevin Beanum don't forget about him. He's contributed this year.

...wow that a good looking player...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: lookawayquick on November 27, 2014, 11:39:27 am
Loewen is a stud pass rusher.  If you haven't noticed pay attention on pass downs.  #89 will be in the game and most likely close to the QB.  It will not surprise me if he is a starter next year.  Hogs Dline is in good shape for 2015.

...yes he looks great, he looks like some of those Miami linemen back when they were ruling college football - tall, lean, tough,
and run like mule deer...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

PORKULATOR

Armon Watts???
Jake Hall Redshirt
Anthony Brown Redshirt

D Eugene
K Hackett
Mitch Loewen has been awesome. He's done his part and made a couple highlights as well. I was expecting him mentioned right away.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Let's enjoy this year. We can talk about next year after the bowl game has been played.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 27, 2014, 11:35:57 am
Permanent move, he's in the DE rotation. Also likes to sneak a peek at his sweety in the stands...who sits with other GFs near my seats and prove to be a distraction if I'm not careful :)

No pic it didn't happen!  ;-)
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Dominicanhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 27, 2014, 10:47:47 am
Yes.  Mitchell has been in the game at key times and has made his presence felt, that's for sure.

The fact he's been in the rotation shows this staff has confidence in him, even if most of the fans haven't noticed.

was going to mention after watching last 2 games... he's been on the field alot during crunch time..

TMc

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 27, 2014, 09:35:56 am
Anthony Brown played this year. He maybe a redshirt option next year.

I have read he is eligible for a medical redshirt, and that's what they are going to do with him "this" year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TMc on November 27, 2014, 08:14:06 pm
I have read he is eligible for a medical redshirt, and that's what they are going to do with him "this" year.

That would be great news

passinghog

Dline is going to be loaded next year...

Dominicanhog

Armon Watts???
Jake Hall Redshirt
Anthony Brown Redshirt

D Eugene
K Hackett

that's why we will sign at least 4 that end up at LB... some redshirting like Pettway, maybe Greenlaw, and  Graham and if we land that 1 stud we've been chasing, will fit in the top 8.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

November 28, 2014, 04:06:43 am #25 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:17:24 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: lookawayquick on November 27, 2014, 11:39:27 am
His time on the field has been increasing for sure. Seems like I saw him on the 2nd or 3rd play of the Ole Miss game. Guys like Loewen have helped this defense by pushing the starters, creating depth and giving us options in certain situations. He's a SEC player, no doubt.

Mitchell Loewen: 6'5", 276lb's, Jr., from Lahaina, Hawaii (the guy with the long blonde hair sticking out his helmet).

rljjr

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 27, 2014, 11:35:57 am

Thanks! Oh, and be careful!!!