Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tryptophan

Started by twistitup, November 27, 2014, 08:49:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

I believe this game hinges on what team has the lowest levels of tryptophan at kickoff. Since its a home game for Mizzou I think they overindulge and hit the field sleepy- too much turkey

Hogs win 20-0
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

razorbackkid

I agree and I have no idea what that word means.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Mike_e

Tryptophan?

Yeah, I used to play with that guy down on 14th and Euclid Ave.  Great bass player but he couldn't keep a beat worth a darn.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: razorbackkid on November 27, 2014, 08:53:20 am
I agree and I have no idea what that word means.

It's a chemical in Turkey that supposedly causes sleepiness.

ricepig

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on November 27, 2014, 08:58:09 am
It's a chemical in Turkey that supposedly causes sleepiness.

They use chemical warfare in Turkey?

razorbackkid

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2014, 09:01:49 am

George Bush should invade and destroy.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2014, 09:01:49 am

Sure do. They use collard gas.

twistitup

Let's not stray too far off topic, tryptophan is a helluva chemical that could contribute to our W tomorrow

Eat up Tigers....then eat leftovers for the pregame meal

NaturalStateReb

Tryptophan?  I don't even touch myself down there anymore....
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

twistitup

Rumor has it that half of the mizzou squad has food poisoning due to a bad batch of giblet gravy at the team meal last night

Bad gravy & tryptophan is not a good combo - been there done that.

twistitup

tophawg19

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on November 27, 2014, 09:06:34 am
Sure do. They use collard gas.
i got gas from collards one time. wasn't a good thing .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hog1966

QuoteRumor has it that half of the mizzou squad has food poisoning due to a bad batch of giblet gravy at the team meal last night

Seems like I read that here earlier.  ;)

SPAL

The tryptophan myth....

Actually there is less in turkey than in a chicken breast. It is not the turkey that puts you in a coma, it is the over indulgence of everything else. Digestion takes a lot of energy and when you load up on carbs and other simple sugar, the body has a harder time digesting it. The insulin spikes are also a cause for fatigue....

I know this is a tongue in cheek post, but don't blame the turkey...:)

tophawg19

i don't know mizzou has a bunch of turkey's on that team
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

twistitup

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 27, 2014, 10:11:18 am
The tryptophan myth....

Actually there is less in turkey than in a chicken breast. It is not the turkey that puts you in a coma, it is the over indulgence of everything else. Digestion takes a lot of energy and when you load up on carbs and other simple sugar, the body has a harder time digesting it. The insulin spikes are also a cause for fatigue....

I know this is a tongue in cheek post, but don't blame the turkey...:)
Playing at home - mizzou is guaranteed to overindulge

Advantage Hogs

Btw, I bet it was Tyson who blamed the turkey, follow the money

Torqued pork

The Detroit Lions are the Thanksgiving anesthesia.

LL COOL HOG

WardamnHOGGLE

reddogjcss

Sweet potatoes give me bad gas!

bvillepig

Quote from: Mike_e on November 27, 2014, 08:57:41 am
Tryptophan?

Yeah, I used to play with that guy down on 14th and Euclid Ave.  Great bass player but he couldn't keep a beat worth a darn.

What a co incidence . Played with a drummer with that name and he could not keep a beat either. Guess he gave up the bass and picked up drums.

PonderinHog

WooPig5ooie

It's been proven a myth. You'd have to eat POUNDS and POUNDS of turkey. The sleepiness would be the result of the carb overload, sugar crash, and booze. Happy thanksgiving!

pondwater jack

No this isn't a myth.  I nodded off this afternoon. 

I applaud twist for having the guts to point out what might be our biggest advantate tomorrow. 

Question for twist: Gary Pinkel is known to have a sweet tooth.  That is beyond debate.  And he loves sweet potatoe pie.

Loaded with carbs and a chemical that clouds the thinking (i don't remember the name or i'd spell it out) and makes one drowsy.  Do you think that if Pinkel gorged on sweet potatoe pie this afternoon it may have affected his prep time? What do you think a coach like, say, Bret Bielema eats on a day before a game, being a former athlete that likes to stay in shape?

Thnaks

J. Holly
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: pondwater jack on November 27, 2014, 08:14:25 pm

I applaud twist for having the guts to point out what might be our biggest advantate tomorrow. 

Question for twist: Gary Pinkel is known to have a sweet tooth.  That is beyond debate.  And he loves sweet potatoe pie.

Loaded with carbs and a chemical that clouds the thinking (i don't remember the name or i'd spell it out) and makes one drowsy.  Do you think that if Pinkel gorged on sweet potatoe pie this afternoon it may have affected his prep time? What do you think a coach like, say, Bret Bielema eats on a day before a game, being a former athlete that likes to stay in shape?

Thnaks

J. Holly

Hmmmm....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

twistitup

November 27, 2014, 08:58:51 pm #25 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:52:18 pm by twistitup
Quote from: pondwater jack on November 27, 2014, 08:14:25 pm

Thnaks

J. Holly

Yes, swt potatoes will do a number on the energy level - Pinkel is done, no gameplan just a stomach ache. Bielema on the other hand...he eats straight cranberry sauce and drinks lemon water- we are good. Go hogs, avoid leftover turkey.

AcornHunter

They haven't sliced up that nice piece of pie yet.

twistitup

November 28, 2014, 08:23:50 am #27 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:51:13 am by twistitup
I hear Maty Mauk choked on potato casserole during the team meal - while coughing Maty pulled a ribcage muscle - questionable for today's game

Go hogs

Porkys Revenge

Broccoli and cheese casserole can do a number in the CNS as well. As it breaks down during digestion, one of the byproducts is the active ingredient in ambien.

Woke up in the ditch yesterday on that new cut through between Star City and Pine Bluff. 'Twas a scary moment, I don't even remember driving.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 27, 2014, 09:20:23 am
Tryptophan?  I don't even touch myself down there anymore....

After last weekends game I doubt any rebels have anything down there to touch anymore......................... ;)
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi