Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music City Bowl in Nashville...Arkansas vs. Penn St?

Started by HogFanInBryant, November 26, 2014, 08:57:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2014, 10:41:02 am
But not as good as an Arkansas - Minnesota Music City Bowl rematch. It's time for some payback!

If the Hogs win tomorrow, I believe the Music City Bowl, the TaxSlayer (Gator) Bowl, and the Liberty Bowl are very strong possibilities.

I could care less about any Minnesota revenge, they are only relevant if we decide to make them relevant. Lose, lose scenario, kinda like Arkansas State.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 27, 2014, 07:19:16 am
Other than losing to MN and getting seriously sick it was a great trip.

IMHO that loss happened because:

A. Hooty was the head coach of the Hogs.

B. That Hog team believed they deserved a better bowl and didn't really want to play there.

It would be totally different this time.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

secfan30

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 27, 2014, 09:57:30 am
My Dad didn't go to college yet was the smartest man I've ever known!

I know what you mean. My dad is like that to me. He has an amazing memory and has a relevant story for every situation and never stepped on a college campus until I went and then dropped put.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on November 27, 2014, 10:42:21 am
My dream bowl is texas in the texas bowl.  30 minutes from home and I will send all my aggie customers a ticket.

This +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 27, 2014, 10:45:56 am
I could care less about any Minnesota revenge, they are only relevant if we decide to make them relevant.

They have a far better record than Penn State.

Torqued pork

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2014, 10:48:35 am
They have a far better record than Penn State.
But they're still Minnesota. After playing top ten teams what seemed like every week I'm not sure our players and fans could get the least bit excited.

The_Bionic_Pig

#1 Penn St. in Shreveport would be a recruiting juggernaut in a very fertile Louisiana!!

#2 Gator Bowl (no matter the opponent) Florida (2 weeks of recruiting)

#3 Texas in Memphis "meh"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Getting up for West Virginia or Minnesota would be a task fir the fanbase...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GuvHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 27, 2014, 11:00:23 am
But they're still Minnesota. After playing top ten teams what seemed like every week I'm not sure our players and fans could get the least bit excited.

I disagree. This team and fan base haven't been to a bowl game in 3 years so I believe they'll be chomping at the bits no matter which bowl the Hogs play in.

Doug

Minnesota at Wisconsin will be for the B1G West Championship. Winner of that game will likely face Ohio State for B1G championship. Even if Ohio State loses to lowly Michigan, they're still the B1G east champions (they own the head to head vs Michigan State this year). Now, if Ohio State falters to both Michigan and the winner of MN/WI... they're screwed out of the playoffs.

If I'm a CFP voter, I don't forget that Ohio State upset loss to Virginia Tech this year... and keep them just south of the top 4.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

rzrbackrob

Hope the Hogs let it be known they will not play a school that covered up such unspeakable crimes.
Good is the enemy of great

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2014, 10:46:37 am

A.

The only memorable moment from that 2002 MCB was Nutt's post game press conference where he blamed the loss on Arkansas players being too tired, having played 15 games in calendar 2002...including the previous January 1 2002 loss to Oklahoma.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 27, 2014, 07:08:56 am
Would love to take them (Penn St) to the wood shed.  I still have a serious problem with what transpired there and am of firm belief that the football program should have been permanently shut down. 

But didn't we draw much better at the Liberty bowl against ECU than we did in the Music City against Minnesota?
I will always respect what Paterno did there for over 40 years.  he did stay way too long and did not know that Sandusky was a deviant and I believe that Joe was just oblivious and somewhat senile at that age.  A friend of mine and former co-worker played there in the mid 80s and he loved Paterno.  And what happened there was not a football transgression where the violation was to improve their chance of winning like SMU, Miami, USC, etc.,  This was a criminal matter so I think the initial punishment was too much but they rectified it now. The people involved needed to be punished criminally, not by the NCAA.

ChicoHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 27, 2014, 10:45:56 am
I could care less about any Minnesota revenge, they are only relevant if we decide to make them relevant. Lose, lose scenario, kinda like Arkansas State.
Minnesota is actually pretty good team also.  Physical team that runs the ball like us and won't let up.  Jerry Kill has done a nice job there.  tough place to recruit and win.  I hope Ragnow is not having second thoughts about staying home in MN.  He will be needed here. 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 27, 2014, 01:26:46 pm
Minnesota is actually pretty good team also.  Physical team that runs the ball like us and won't let up.  Jerry Kill has done a nice job there.  tough place to recruit and win.  I hope Ragnow is not having second thoughts about staying home in MN.  He will be needed here. 

Why would he have second thoughts, he played a lot this year.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 27, 2014, 11:02:12 am
#1 Penn St. in Shreveport would be a recruiting juggernaut in a very fertile Louisiana!!

#2 Gator Bowl (no matter the opponent) Florida (2 weeks of recruiting)

#3 Texas in Memphis "meh"

Some good calls... I think we could go as high as high as Outback... though this may be a reach.  Win and we'll get alot of looks.

Pig in the Pokey

Meh. I would never go to that bowl. I refuse to support Pedophile U in any way. Triple puke :puke: :puke: :puke:
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ShaneHog

I would rather play a team not coming off probation for having a coach rape kids in their showers

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: Doug on November 27, 2014, 11:28:49 am
If I'm a CFP voter, I don't forget that Ohio State upset loss to Virginia Tech this year... and keep them just south of the top 4.

No doubt.  It's not like that Virginia Tech is a good team like they have been much of this century.  They didn't even score a point against Wake Forest in regulation last week, and may miss their first bowl since something like the 80s.

reddogjcss

I'm thankful we are Bowling! Don't care what bowl! It would be better for recruiting if we play a big time named program!

BigPapaHawg

Texas or Penn State..............I don't care let's just go to a bowl and win!
WOO PIG

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2014, 10:46:37 am

B. That Hog team believed they deserved a better bowl and didn't really want to play there.

It would be totally different this time.

I believe your B thought is exactly why a LOT of teams lose their bowl game. Especially if they play an opponent that loved the fact they were chosen for it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi