Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're wearing red on Friday

Started by Fayettechill14, November 26, 2014, 07:21:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Red on red unis for the Hogs. Both teams in home uniforms. SEC office has okayed it.

I like it! Home and home uniforms are fine if both teams have totally different colors.

ADavisTheGOAT

That's pretty awesome they're letting us do that.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ricepig

jgphillips3

Well, at least that makes it novel for us.

hoghearted

Love the red on red.

It has done well for us so far. ;)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

reddogjcss

Hoggish1

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Although, the first time we ever saw the red on red, Mizzou whipped our ass.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HawgNthaWater

Our first time we went all red that I remember was against Missouri year Nutt got fired and they rolled us... That's my memory but I love the look. I'd love to adopt the chrome face mask personally
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

root_hawg

Arkansas Fan

I really hope our winning doesn't depend on wearing red on red every game...

elksnort

Quote from: HF#1 on November 26, 2014, 08:15:13 pm
You are correct. 

Let's hope uniforms don't matter. 

Pathogen

Awesome, relevant, and extremely important news. I'm so sick of hearing about whether or not Brandon or Derby will play, stats, which team has the most to play for, home field advantages, style and player match ups, etc. This thread has answered the most important question of all - what color are we wearing?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Pathogen on November 26, 2014, 08:27:33 pm
Awesome, relevant, and extremely important news. I'm so sick of hearing about whether or not Brandon or Derby will play, stats, which team has the most to play for, home field advantages, style and player match ups, etc. This thread has answered the most important question of all - what color are we wearing?

Free country...now go back to watching CNN buddy and leave this thread be.

All Bleed Red

I guess they'll wear all black? If so that'll look pretty cool, all red vs all black.

razorback44

Here's a mind blowing idea. Don't click on the thread if you don't like the subject matter.  Crazy thought, I know.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

sowmonella

Quote from: razorback44 on November 26, 2014, 09:01:28 pm
Here's a mind blowing idea. Don't click on the thread if you don't like the subject matter.  Crazy thought, I know.

Haters gonna hate.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

younghog

Quote from: ricepig on November 26, 2014, 07:22:47 pm
This one's in the bag.

that was funny..

I feel ya however.. ~ I really do
GO HOGS

regi

Interesting, I assume Mizzou will wear all black? Kind of Like UCLA and USC, both wear home uni, because they are both in LA...or maybe not

Ex-Trumpet

Just to clarify for you, we are wearing cardinal on cardinal.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Fayettechill14

As long as we don't replace Robb Smith with Reggie Herring, I think our recent win streak in red-on-red is a little more relevant than the 2008 Cotton Bowl.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: All Bleed Red on November 26, 2014, 08:52:05 pm
I guess they'll wear all black? If so that'll look pretty cool, all red vs all black.
Correct. It's Mizzou's annual Blackout game.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: regi on November 26, 2014, 09:38:18 pm
Interesting, I assume Mizzou will wear all black? Kind of Like UCLA and USC, both wear home uni, because they are both in LA...or maybe not

There was also Florida/Georgia home vs. home uniforms this year.  Finally, a uniform trend I can get behind.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 26, 2014, 07:21:21 pm
Red on red unis for the Hogs. Both teams in home uniforms. SEC office has okayed it.

I like it! Home and home uniforms are fine if both teams have totally different colors.

Nice twist. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hoghearted on November 26, 2014, 07:39:12 pm
Love the red on red.

It has done well for us so far. ;)

You must not have been at the 2008 Cotton Bowl. I still have Tony Temple flashbacks. However, of late, that combo seems to favor us, and I'm just superstitious enough to not want to change as much as a shoelace from the past two weeks.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hoggish1

Sure, but that was in a different universe.

Bkhardicars

As I recall, the reds were two different shades and looked absolutely hideous. I
Like our current red on red.Mizzou black on black, us red on red, will look great on the big screen.

regi

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on November 26, 2014, 10:28:26 pm
There was also Florida/Georgia home vs. home uniforms this year.  Finally, a uniform trend I can get behind.

I didn't even notice Both wore home jersey's in the Uf/UGA game

mutiger91

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 26, 2014, 09:50:13 pm
Just to clarify for you, we are wearing cardinal on cardinal.

The dude color wheel has the three primary colors:  red, blue and yellow and the secondary colors: purple, orange and green.  You can add black, white and gray (but not 50 shades or it if you are going to name them all).  Cardinal is a bird or a sports team, not a color.

hobhog

Red with white pants would be my preference, but as long as no white helmets I'm okay.

DC HOGFAN

Quote from: hobhog on November 27, 2014, 10:22:44 am
Red with white pants would be my preference, but as long as no white helmets I'm okay.

I totally agree. Enough with the white helmets.

ricepig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 26, 2014, 10:57:32 pm
You must not have been at the 2008 Cotton Bowl. I still have Tony Temple flashbacks. However, of late, that combo seems to favor us, and I'm just superstitious enough to not want to change as much as a shoelace from the past two weeks.

Yeah, my lucky underwear from the LSU game is getting pretty rank, but a streak is a streak.   8)

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: mutiger91 on November 27, 2014, 10:10:06 am
The dude color wheel has the three primary colors:  red, blue and yellow and the secondary colors: purple, orange and green.  You can add black, white and gray (but not 50 shades or it if you are going to name them all).  Cardinal is a bird or a sports team, not a color.

The University of Arkansas colors are Cardinal and White, if you don't believe any posters then go to the University web site!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

mutiger91

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 27, 2014, 12:12:51 pm
The University of Arkansas colors are Cardinal and White, if you don't believe any posters then go to the University web site!

I never said I didn't believe.  The point was that if you put the color "Cardinal" without any logo in front of 100,000 men and asked them all what color they are looking at, they would all say, "red" unless they work as fashion designers or graphic artists. 

ricepig

Quote from: mutiger91 on November 27, 2014, 12:39:36 pm
I never said I didn't believe.  The point was that if you put the color "Cardinal" without any logo in front of 100,000 men and asked them all what color they are looking at, they would all say, "red" unless they work as fashion designers or graphic artists. 

Nah, Razorback fans would reply with Pantone 202.....

Locutus_of_Boar

Ah the Reggie Herring era.  The only coach in Arkansas history more interim than John L Smith.

I guess all cardinal vs. all black means Robert Shields will have to break down and buy a color TV tomorrow morning.

Hogpile

Red on red and black on black would look good for ARMOgeddon

hoghearted

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2014, 11:05:24 am
Yeah, my lucky underwear from the LSU game is getting pretty rank, but a streak is a streak.   8)

That has to be quite a 'streak'. ;)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

root_hawg

ricepig