Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I belive we will destroy Missouri on Friday

Started by FaulknerHogfan, November 26, 2014, 10:53:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FaulknerHogfan

We will win by more than 21 points. Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the truth.. By the numbers:

Points to support the numbers:
*  Per ESPN SOS, AR #1 and MS #43
*  AR played 7-Ranked teams to MS 2
*  GA beat AR by 13 and GA beat MS by 34 - Advantage AR by 21
*  Take these intangible points into consideration when reviewing the statistical numbers

Team   Opp. Win %   Opp. Won-Loss   Non-Con Opp.
Arkansas   0.656   103-54   .510 (26-25)
Missouri   0.556   84-67   .647 (33-18)

Overall Schedule: Advantage AR by 6 points

AR   Mis    Advantage
Opp Score           243   222    -21
Team Score   322   349     27

SEC Schedule: Advantage AR by 2

AR   Mis    Advantage
Opp Score           156   139    -17
Team Score   151   170     19

Ranked Opponents: Advantage AR by 16

AR   Mis   Advantage
Opp Score           22   27    5
Team Score   22   11   -11

Summary:

Vegas has Missouri by 3.5 points and the home team is always giving 3 points.  So Vegas has this game as a pick em.  Arkansas has the highest percentage of covering the spread in college football this year returning 300%.  Missouri has only played ONE quality opponent and was destroyed (GA) and laid a goose egg.  We at least scored 32 points and with the exception of the worse quarter in AR history, we could have been much more competitive.  Also, given the fact that we have NOT been scored on since NOV 1st in a 7 point loss to the then #1 team in the nation...OUR D IS HOT! 

More Stats:

Offense: Advantage AR
Passing Yards:  AR #10 - Missouri #11
Rushing Yards: AR #4 - Missouri #9

Defense: Advantage Mizz  :puke: Not true as compared to JUST ranked teams

Total D AR#12 - Mizz #4

LSPRazorbac

Rule of thumb is that the home team gets 3 points it's not exact.

oldhawg

Statistics are fun, but a whole lot of intangibles ride on the game Saturday.

For example:
1.  A chance for Missouri to go to back to back SEC championship games.
2.  A chance for Arkansas to insure that they will have a winning season.
3.  Missouri's quarterback has played well since the Georgia game.
4.  Arkansas's quarterback may or may not be at 100% ability, with a lot of inexperience by the back-up.
5.  Missouri is playing at home.
6.  Arkansas has not won an "away" conference game this year.
7.  SOS is a nice barometer, but the fact is Arkansas has won  2 of 7 games against ranked opponents.
8.  Albeit Missouri 1-1 against ranked opponents. (I know, statistics slipped in)

Prediction:  Arkansas wins by ten to fourteen points.
Deciding factor:  Arkansas has a better coaching staff from top to bottom than Missouri.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Mizzou Bushwacker

Gosh, why does the Missouri football team even bother to play the game?.  Is Arkansas going to be nice enough to at least let MU score a field goal?. After all, it's the Thanksgiving Day weekend!.    :)

regi

Quote from: Mizzou Bushwacker on November 26, 2014, 11:55:20 am
Gosh, why does the Missouri football team even bother to play the game?.  Is Arkansas going to be nice enough to at least let MU score a field goal?. After all, it's the Thanksgiving Day weekend!.    :)

Not sure why we let you Yankees in to be honest. So really wish we didn't have to play you guys and we could play a legit SEC team like LSU, but life sucks sometimes.

AloRaptor

I sure hope not. Ending the regular season with 3 shut outs would be incredible!!  :razorback:

Ethan2010

Be thankful that we will only take your east championship dream and your pride. It could be worse.  The hogs will crush you, you will be driven before them and Lamentations of your women will be heard. No mercy, we're gonna show you something alright.

hawgbawb

Quote from: regi on November 26, 2014, 11:57:57 am
Not sure why we let you Yankees in to be honest. So really wish we didn't have to play you guys and we could play a legit SEC team like LSU, but life sucks sometimes.
Interesting attitude, from a relative newcomer to the SEC. And for the record, Arkansas is the proud home of many a yankee transplant (including my parents).  We are a better state as a result. 

I am a proud Arkansan, but will never understand rebel pride and homerism.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

The real Hogules

What does our numbers VS Mississippi have to do with the outcome of our impending clash with Missouri?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 26, 2014, 12:09:22 pm
What does our numbers VS Mississippi have to do with the outcome of our impending clash with Missouri?

Exactly.  I don't like comparing common opponents.  It tells you nothing.  So many things change week in and week out that making those comparisons is an exercise in futility.

jgphillips3

If we had played Mizzou in 2012 or 2013, they would have stomped us.  If they had caught us in the beginning of this season, I would have picked them to win.  Our defense is on fire and our team is hungry.  After our meat grinder schedule and their far weaker schedule, we are ready to take this one.  I'd say we win 28-21 at worst.  It may be 31-17. 

They have a good D-line, but we have just faced two of the best D-lines in the conference and Mizzou is really a better pass rushing D-line than run stopper, not particularly helpful against the Razorbacks unless you jump on us early and get way ahead.  Unless we shoot ourselves in the foot, this should be a W for us and stoke the "rivalry" a bit.

robs4516

Quote from: oldhawg on November 26, 2014, 11:21:00 am
Statistics are fun, but a whole lot of intangibles ride on the game Saturday.

For example:
1.  A chance for Missouri to go to back to back SEC championship games.

4.  Arkansas's quarterback may or may not be at 100% ability, with a lot of inexperience by the back-up.

Those are the two that worry me the most.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

regi

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 26, 2014, 12:08:39 pm
Interesting attitude, from a relative newcomer to the SEC. And for the record, Arkansas is the proud home of many a yankee transplant (including my parents).  We are a better state as a result. 

24 years is not a newcomer, and prior to that we were in the SOUTHwest Conference, wise move by your parents to come to the land of real football. It is SEC southern Football pride. Rebel pride is across the river in Mississippi. Yankee apologist

danger1011

When you play a traditional power like Arkansas, you just have to pull down your pants, bend over, and hope they use lube. (Not a traditional courtesy granted by the backwoods residents of Arkansas)

Arkansas is unbeatable this year, with 5 exceptions.

Atlhogfan1

For those unfamiliar with the board, this thread appears every game week no matter the opponent.  Just change the name of the opponent and day. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

MultipleScoreGasms

;D  Now that's funny right there.

Arkansas is unbeatable this year, with 5 exceptions.
[/quote]

FaulknerHogfan

It's all fun, but the points are correct...  its not always the best team that wins its the ones that want it the most.

JaketheSnake

You has lot's of grammer problem.

I want to believe that we will blow MO out Friday. I am honestly still a little gunshy about the team even though they have shown off the past two weeks.  It's a different kind of gunshy though... not worried about getting blown out, its more of "will we allow them to score" type of gunshy!

The Marmot

I believe we will destroy Missouri on Friday because I'm a Hog fan.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

FaulknerHogfan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 26, 2014, 01:21:35 pm
You has lot's of grammer problem.

I want to believe that we will blow MO out Friday. I am honestly still a little gunshy about the team even though they have shown off the past two weeks.  It's a different kind of gunshy though... not worried about getting blown out, its more of "will we allow them to score" type of gunshy!

Damn grammar police.  This is message board, not a freaking thesis paper..

AloRaptor

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 26, 2014, 12:08:39 pm

I was 21 before I knew damnyankee was 2 words.
A yankee comes down to visit--- A damnyankee stays. J/K

Best 2 yankee jokes I know. ;D

tangman

We beat Mizzou to save them the embarrassment of getting brutally slaughtered in the SEC Conference Championship game. Mercy killing.

Kevin

Their d line is the kind that gives our oline problems.  Going to be a tough roAd game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

KennyForAD

Arkansas will run the ball down Mizzou's throat in the same way they did TT.   Mizzou is weak against the run. There is no cure for that.  They have no chance against teams with a power running game.  That is Football 101.  Hogs may not shut them out, but it will be similar to Hogs vs. TT and UGA at Mizzou.  Total domination.

Hawgzinbowlz

With the intangibles and facts as they are...I'll be happy with a 1 point win.

" GO HOGS "

Lucky Draw

I just watched your last game. Big blowout of #8 Ole Miss. Go back and honestly look at that game. I saw a gimpy quarterback( BO )throwing INT's in the red zone. I saw their Dline stop you quite a few times, once on the goalline. Multiple give aways by Ole Miss. Then they packed it in the second half. You may do the same thing to Mizzou, but I dont see the domination you talk about. And one more thing, everybody talking about DE's but Missouri is strong and deep at the DT spot. If you get to the second level and our LB's have to make tackles 5 yards back then you will win. Like we say "show me". You are a good team and it will be a great game. Good Luck

HF#1

I tend to agree.  The only physical team Mizzou played, killed them.  I think we win and make a huge statement to the rest of the league.

And as far as Mizzou "playing for the SEC east"...  That is pressure.  Pressure on them.  Most of the time, most teams, fold in that situation. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

qbrew

Quote from: Lucky Draw on November 26, 2014, 07:25:36 pm
I just watched your last game. Big blowout of #8 Ole Miss. Go back and honestly look at that game. I saw a gimpy quarterback( BO )throwing INT's in the red zone. I saw their Dline stop you quite a few times, once on the goalline. Multiple give aways by Ole Miss. Then they packed it in the second half. You may do the same thing to Mizzou, but I dont see the domination you talk about.
You just described the domination yourself.  Bo didn't start gimpy,  sacks made him gimpy.  It was 17-0 when he got hurt.  Bo hadn't thrown but one pick in conference play all season. We made #8 look terrible. If you don see that as domination,  you just don't want to.

Yes, their defense made some great stops, they are one of the best in the country.  We still ate their lunch.

I think Mizzou will be a tough game,  but don't kid yourself by thinking the hogs haven't earned their last two shutout wins.

FaulknerHogfan

I just watched your last game. Big blowout of #8 Ole Miss. Go back and honestly look at that game. I saw a gimpy quarterback( BO )throwing INT's in the red zone. I saw their Dline stop you quite a few times, once on the goalline. Multiple give aways by Ole Miss. Then they packed it in the second half. You may do the same thing to Mizzou, but I dont see the domination you talk about. And one more thing, everybody talking about DE's but Missouri is strong and deep at the DT spot. If you get to the second level and our LB's have to make tackles 5 yards back then you will win. Like we say "show me". You are a good team and it will be a great game. Good Luck

We shut out a top 10 team...

greenie

November 26, 2014, 11:23:56 pm #30 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:43:46 pm by greenie

Mizzou is a good team with a decent Dline.  However, their Dline is in no way as good as the Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, or Miss State Dlines.  It was exposed by good running teams (GA and Indiana). 

Perhaps Mizzou has more to play for, and that will have an impact.  I like being the underdog...just like in every other SEC game this year.  We beat every team we were suppose to beat, and a few we weren't.  This will be a fun game.

KennyForAD

Well.. call your bookie.  Bet the house on Mizzou.  Good luck.

3kgthog

Quote from: Kevin on November 26, 2014, 05:15:58 pm
Their d line is the kind that gives our oline problems.  Going to be a tough roAd game

This. Skipper is going to have a long day. Look for the big guy's lack of athleticism to be exposed.

Speedracer

I have more respect for Mizzou than I think most do.  I don't see us destroying Mizzou by any means.  They have a ton to play for and at home with a streaky QB.  Personally if Arkansas wins by 1 pt in the sloppiest game of the season, I'll take it and smile
Like smites bother me.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

LZH

Quote from: theenemy on November 26, 2014, 11:05:33 am
Rule of thumb is that the home team gets 3 points it's not exact.

It used to be 4 points.  Anyway, after watching Mizzou punk out earlier this year - roll over and stick their azz in the air when they got hit in the mouth - I think we will mash their taters for them tomorrow.  And quite well, I might add.

razorbackkid

Matty Mauk is gonna get bruised up when it takes off running.  I doubt he survives the first half.

Hogs win 31-13.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

FaulknerHogfan

Quote from: razorbackkid on November 27, 2014, 09:21:46 am
Matty Mauk is gonna get bruised up when it takes off running.  I doubt he survives the first half.

Hogs win 31-13.

Yes to this

Fort Dweller

Leave it to a Mizzou fan to say a team losing by 30, being shut out and committing 5 turnovers isn't being dominated.  I guess losing by 34, being shutout at home, and committing 6 turnovers isn't being dominated either.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself?