Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Lidell to start?

Started by WaltonCollege, November 20, 2014, 09:12:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Numbers ARENT everything, I know. But no gamechanging plays in two years, no fumbles or picks, c'mon man. Oh he did have one gamechanger v LSU last yr when he got beat on a 99 yard bomb and with no safety help for Jared Collins

Wildhog

Has to be a friend or relative of Liddell.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BorderPatrol

My guess is he won't be sticking around too much longer, regardless.

bp

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on November 20, 2014, 12:01:41 pm
Has to be a friend or relative of Liddell.

Or something.  Lidell will be great I believe.  But it'll be after Gaines graduates.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 20, 2014, 11:43:34 am
So he is averaging 5 tackles a game, no picks, no fumbles

8 tackles vs Auburn
6 tackles vs A&M
5 tackles vs Bama
6 tackles vs UGA
7 tackles vs MSU
5 tackles in 1st half vs LSU

This is pretty good for a safety in a defense that does not rely heavily on DB's making tackles.  In comparison

Brooks Ellis

8 T vs Aub
7 T vs A&M
8 T vs Bama
12 T vs MSU
5 T vs LSU

Outside of the MSU game similar numbers to a guy that is in the heart of our defense. In a defense that relies on LB making plays.

Also how many other players on defense have not caused a fumble or had a pick.

WaltonCollege

Sorry I don't drink the koolaid and think everyone on our team is an all American

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2014, 12:04:14 pm
Or something.  Lidell will be great I believe.  But it'll be after Gaines graduates.

Agreed.  I really like Liddell.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

demonHOG1013

I dont think anybody on here thinks every player is an All-American, but Gaines has been a big part of why our defense is much improved. Saying you're glad a freshman is replacing him based on what he did last year and not what has happened this year is a weak argument. Especially when he is being replaced because of being ejected, not because Liddell has out played him through camp, practice, or in games during the season.

OTTER

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 20, 2014, 11:52:56 am
I'm not pretending anything, just using the eye test and looking at stats. Not saying rohan is bad, I'm saying Lidell played three quarters and blanked LSU
The only eye test you need to consider is having yours checked.  Apparently, you have poor vision.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Sir Oinksalot

...sometimes that accounting and econ. come at you so fast it just messes you up...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 20, 2014, 11:52:56 am
I'm not pretending anything, just using the eye test and looking at stats. Not saying rohan is bad, I'm saying Lidell played three quarters and blanked LSU
Gaines' hit came around the 9 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. How many times have you been proven wrong in the thread? Just give up, let the thread die down and come back in a few days.... no one will remember your dumbass thread ever existed by then.

WaltonCollege

Haha na man I was a marketing supply chain double major.

Sir Oinksalot

...lot of babes in there I'll bet...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

NLRHog92

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 20, 2014, 12:05:02 pm
Sorry I don't drink the koolaid and think everyone on our team is an all American

Gaines was an All-American though...

WaltonCollege

Marketing classes are packed with sorority girls, supply chain not so much

Doug

Quote from: The Boar WarI know.  It's almost like he didn't even show up for most of the second half.  His tackling in the fourth quarter was nonexistent.
Dude... you win the day, hahaha!

Quote from: WaltonCollegeIt's is not.

bp
Stop. Just stop. You're proving your idiocy in this thread by not understanding why BorderPatrol slaps a "bp" at the end of his post.

Quote from: WaltonCollegeSorry I don't drink the koolaid and think everyone on our team is an all American
Further proof for my comment below...

Quote from: WaltonCollegeHaha na man I was a marketing supply chain double major.
AKA your favorite line at work is "Would you like to upsize that, Sir?".

This thread illustrates one of the worst parts of online communities that do not require your full real name to participate in. It also illustrates my burning desire to implement not only an intelligence but a reasoning test, which, sadly, will never be allowed (It would lock this community down to about 1000 or so people).

Locking this thread for the wanton stupidity exhibited by the pusillanimous jackwagon that started it.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

zane

Will somebody plz bring Waltoncollege's thread about Rohan sucking to the top when MMQB comes back on?
RIP LSUfan

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  7 hours ago
Rohan Gaines' PICK SIX! Chris Conley's diving TD grab. The Vols' fake FG TD. Watch the #SECBest Plays of Week 13 » http://www.secsports.com/video/11923471/saturday-top-plays-sec ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net