Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by GrizzlyRider07, November 15, 2015, 12:20:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Was there anything said about if he was hurt and what the extent of the injury was? He seemed to be hobbled and was getting treatment on his back.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

hogsanity

was getting treatment on is back during the game. Said he had a rib problem too, plus still battling turn toe. And apparently he threw up during the game too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GrizzlyRider07

Man we sure can't afford to lose hI'm now down this stretch run!! That would be devastating!!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2015, 12:24:05 am
was getting treatment on is back during the game. Said he had a rib problem too, plus still battling turn toe. And apparently he threw up during the game too.
and yet he kept pounding that rock! #wps
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Razor1997

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on November 15, 2015, 12:27:20 am
Man we sure can't afford to lose hI'm now down this stretch run!! That would be devastating!!!

We need him next week against State.  But hopefully he can get some well-needed rest in the second half when the backups crush Mizzou.

Razor6

Press Conference following game did not indicate any issues
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2015, 12:24:05 am

other than that, he's feeling pretty good.

incHOGnito

He has just taken a major pounding this season.

immahog

not injured but he is hurt ribs,back and toe but so is every other football player at this time of year
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

gmarv

he has been playing kind of banged up for a few weeks now.i,m really hoping he can stay healthy for a couple more weeks.really want him to get that second spot behind dmac.as the second in yards for a career.he has been a great hog and he deserves the honor.

Hoggish1

Pig In The City

Quote from: Razor1997 on November 15, 2015, 12:57:25 am
We need him next week against State.  But hopefully he can get some well-needed rest in the second half when the backups crush Mizzou.
Do not take their defense for granted.

TNRazorbacker

So Collins looks like he's held together with duct tape and baling twine at this point.

If he can't go who is next?? Nobody else has even seen the field have they?

gmarv

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 15, 2015, 07:27:52 am
So Collins looks like he's held together with duct tape and baling twine at this point.

he will soldier on hes a tough young man.he has been playing with these nagging injuries for a while but he sure seems to be able to play thru the pain.gotta love his grit.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on November 15, 2015, 12:27:20 am
I do believe that KW is a more than adequate backup

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 15, 2015, 07:27:52 am

umm, have you watched any of the games?

PP

DiamondHogFan

He was in the game late in the 4th quarter with a 17 point lead.  I don't think he is hurt that bad.

Pulled(PP)pork

KW had 88yds on 16 carries.....against our last 2 opponents, that would suffice

PP

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 15, 2015, 08:16:12 am
umm, have you watched any of the games?

PP

Umm yes,  have you?

Allow me to draw the picture for you.

We have been using 3 backs all year long, most games rotating at least two every game.

One, RW, is out for the season.

Another, AC, as previously indicated, looks on to be on the edge.

If AC cant go that leaves us with one, KW, still in the rotation and he not used to carrying the load.

So, if we get down to this one back situation who steps in as number 2?  Again, I don't believe another back has seen the field.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 15, 2015, 11:42:38 am
Umm yes,  have you?

Allow me to draw the picture for you.

We have been using 3 backs all year long, most games rotating at least two every game.

One, RW, is out for the season.

Another, AC, as previously indicated, looks on to be on the edge.

If AC cant go that leaves us with one, KW, still in the rotation and he not used to carrying the load.

So, if we get down to this one back situation who steps in as number 2?  Again, I don't believe another back has seen the field.
but that wasn't your original premise....you said if AC went down, then who?  Am I to read your mind and you are considering KW with that question?  There is Duwop, Juan Day, probably someone else I can't remember.  It's not like we are fixing to face tougher competition

PP

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 15, 2015, 11:45:10 am
but that wasn't your original premise....you said if AC went down, then who?  Am I to read your mind and you are considering KW with that question?  There is Duwop, Juan Day, probably someone else I can't remember.  It's not like we are fixing to face tougher competition

PP

The one you are forgetting is Denzel Evans.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: gmarv on November 15, 2015, 08:01:45 am
he will soldier on hes a tough young man.he has been playing with these nagging injuries for a while but he sure seems to be able to play thru the pain.gotta love his grit.
Have to show The League that you can keep ticking like a Timex. Keep rolling AC!  :razorback:

Hogsolo

I hope this is a lesson to the staff to load up on a few more backs.  Two per class please. 

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 15, 2015, 11:45:10 am

PP

I admit I did expect most to understand what I was getting at without having to go through it by the numbers. I apologize if I confused you.

KW is already playing so it logically follows that if AC goes down then somebody other than KW will need to step in to take carries. I've heard the names you mention but none of those have much if any PT, so the logical question is who that might be.

We have two SEC games left against teams who have a roster full of SEC players last time I checked. It's not at all unlikely that someone else will need to take some carries before the seasons over.

Smokehouse

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 15, 2015, 12:13:17 pm
The one you are forgetting is Denzel Evans.

If AC had to sit out for any time Evans would probably get the carries behind Walker. Looked like they gave him more opportunities against UTM than Day to make sure he was ready. But I'd imagine the split would much more heavily favor Walker in that situation than our typical RB1/RB2 split.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

scruf

Quote from: IAMHogholio on November 15, 2015, 12:15:07 pm
I hope this is a lesson to the staff to load up on a few more backs.  Two per class please. 
Yeah, obviously they should've known that they were going to lose J-Will, RW3, and Juan Day (ACL in March) after last year's signing period. I mean, that should be a lesson to them, those idiots. Such a dumb staff. I'm glad you are smarter than them though. Builds confidence. You are cool. Can we be friends? You are probably amazing to be around.

ricepig

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 15, 2015, 12:44:41 pm
I admit I did expect most to understand what I was getting at without having to go through it by the numbers. I apologize if I confused you.

KW is already playing so it logically follows that if AC goes down then somebody other than KW will need to step in to take carries. I've heard the names you mention but none of those have much if any PT, so the logical question is who that might be.

We have two SEC games left against teams who have a roster full of SEC players last time I checked. It's not at all unlikely that someone else will need to take some carries before the seasons over.

Isn't our roster full of SEC players?

Big Boi

Alex did what big time backs do in big games. He is very deserving of his spot as all-time great Hawg RBs.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Alex Collins is as tough as a pine knot.

Cinco de Hogo

Collins will be out there unless he gets injured.  He seems be made of the right stuff like Morgan.  Those type nicks and bruises don't heal up during the season so if you want to play you learn to deal with them.

I suspect that either Day or Evans would become our primary back if in fact AC couldn't go.  Walker's carries would still be situational but would increase some to.

But I could be wrong.  ;D

longtimeHogfan

Is Juan Day healthy enough to share some duties with Walker if AC couldn't play? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 15, 2015, 04:30:35 pm
Is Juan Day healthy enough to share some duties with Walker if AC couldn't play?

Good question, I haven't seen or heard anything that suggest either way.

Dominicanhog

has AC ever missed a game from injury?

redeye

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 15, 2015, 04:30:35 pm

He played some against UT-Martin, I think.  Looked pretty good, too.  I was hoping to see him some against Ole Miss and LSU, but I guess they weren't ready to throw him into those environments.

It pained me to see Collins limping last night.  You could tell he was really hurting.  I hope the Catfish Hole gives a day off.

Smokehouse

Quote from: redeye on November 15, 2015, 06:45:50 pm
He played some against UT-Martin, I think.  Looked pretty good, too.  I was hoping to see him some against Ole Miss and LSU, but I guess they weren't ready to throw him into those environments.

It pained me to see Collins limping last night.  You could tell he was really hurting.  I hope the Catfish Hole gives a day off.

Day rushed 4 for 17yds against UTM. Evans was 6 for 48, but that includes one 31 yard gain. So if you took out the 31 yarder, Day would have the edge in average yards at 4.3 to 3.4 (hey, palindrome!).

Not really enough to tell much about either guy. I'm guessing it was just to make sure they each had a little game action under their belt but they're definitely in case of emergency only backup plans. I haven't heard anything one way or the other, but I would venture that Day needs a lot of practice in pass blocking for this offense just because he hasn't been able to be on the field for so long.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.