Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winkel is a Hog

Started by Snout team, January 29, 2018, 06:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Brilliant minds think alike.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DuckTalesLOL

Winkel*

He was on Tennessee talk radio recently and they tweeted him and misspelled it so he corrected it. :)

jgphillips3

Quality O-lineman.  This class is shaping up.

The_Boot_stops_here

Good get.  Need the bodies.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 29, 2018, 06:19:29 pm
Good get.  Need the bodies.

For sure. I'll take any quality Olinemen wanting to come

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

farmhawg

This staff works very hard!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawg1221

hawg1221

It's not too recent, but gives you an idea on his skill set.

code red

Big get liking this class Morris may be the real deal.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

WOOPIGDOOIE

I seen on MSU forum that Brule may commit tonight as well.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 29, 2018, 07:24:23 pm

To us or them?

FraggleHog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 29, 2018, 07:24:23 pm

To the Hogs, or just commit to a school? I've seen he was trending towards Misstake lately
Calling the Hogs from DFW

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

RaisinHog

Pretty sweet too steal him from tenner...

FraggleHog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 29, 2018, 07:40:27 pm
Us

Just saw a bunch of Crystal Ball picks on 247 for Brule to Arkansas in the past hour... Interesting...

The_Iceman

I love that size for an incoming tackle. 285 gives you room to keep your quickness and put on goos weight.

jgphillips3

Morris has moved past salvaging a class to putting together a nice little class. I can't wait to see what he can do with a full year or two to sell this thing.  Also I freaking love the defensive recruiting he's done.  Nice start to the new era.  True, we'll need more 4 stars in the future but he has that eye for under appreciated talent that we so despearately need at a program like ours.

Boarcephus

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 29, 2018, 07:59:20 pm
but he has that eye for under appreciated talent that we so despearately need at a program like ours.

And high school coaches will steer these kids to him. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hog in Iowa

I love me some linemen!  Welcome Ryan to Hog Nation, you'll be glad you chose Arkansas.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

jackflash

Morris and his staff have worked hard now their effort are being rewarded I think

TheRazorback500

Wow, an OL commit! Cool! 8) WPS!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HogFoo

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 29, 2018, 08:07:05 pm
And high school coaches will steer these kids to him.
totally agree that HS coaches ,especially in Texas , will be steering kids to Arkansas. I really believe that when Morris has a season or two under the belt, and winning seasons, recruiting is gonna be outstanding!  If we had more scholarship this time, we'd probably have a top 15-20 class. I have no doubt.  Morris revisited a lot of recruits who he tried when he was at SMU, but he just didn't have enough cred to be an actual contender for their services.  Once he got here, he went back and a lot of those same recruits really have listened to what he has to say. It sucks that most were already committed to other schools, namely OU. Who does a lot of shopping in Texas.  And coaches in past have been steering them to Ou, I think now coaches will be steering them to Morris.  Morris was a big deal back in texas. People like him. Hes a Good guy.  Now that he's at a P5 in toughest league in America, he has a lot to offer. I can't be happier that we got a guy with some deeeeeeep ties to Texas.  It is gonna pay big Time for us in the future.  Watch and see. 

Im very happy that we've added some OL guys to the class too, especially since we had 2 retire from football.  Man I just wish we had more scholarships!

Id almost say that this time next season we'll have more scholarships than normal because we'll have a few more transfers.  Which Is fine.i like this staff. I like what they're doing. And I am gonna like the winning that starts this next season.  I call 8-9wins at least! Maybe more! 

Keep recruits coming!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

247Hog

Good pick up. Welcome to the family Winkel!
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 29, 2018, 06:12:12 pm
https://twitter.com/_ryanwinkel_/status/958123784585826304

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/29/winkel-calls-hogs-after-game-changing-visit/

High quality OL with recent offers from MS State and Tennessee.

Plus Northwestern and Nebraska.  Good offer sheet.  Recruiting services are skewed towards early developers.  Love the late interest from P5 schools. 

Also love the areas CCM is drawing commits from.  Memphis?  Check.  Tulsa? Check.  New Orleans?  Check.  Hewitt-Trussville?  Home run.  Georgia? Check.

Just getting started.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Flrazrback

Welcome to Fayetteville Ryan... WPS... Go Hogs

pigture perfect

Awesome. Welcome aboard.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

liljo

Welcome to Razorback Nation, and THANKS for coming. Looking forward to seeing you do great things here.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

buldozer

We need O Linemen, glad this young man has chosen the hogs!

hawgmasta

BIG TIME! Great offer list and a huge need, couldn't be happier

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2018, 07:56:10 pm
I love that size for an incoming tackle. 285 gives you room to keep your quickness and put on goos weight.
He's also left handed. That's almost as good as cheating...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cinco de Hogo

Does he remind anyone else of a young Dan Hampton?  Looks that is.

Peter Porker

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2018, 07:56:10 pm

Yes! As long as it's "good weight".
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 30, 2018, 05:59:12 am

Yes! As long as it's "good weight".

No.  Goos(e) weight is better.  They are a little heavy but can fly.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Airforcehawg

Good looking Kid. For 6'6, 280lbs and change...he looks fit/pretty athletic. 

Dirty

SamBuckhart

We welcome you, Ryan Winkel. Much success to you. Wooo Pig Soooie!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 29, 2018, 07:59:20 pm
Morris has moved past salvaging a class to putting together a nice little class. I can't wait to see what he can do with a full year or two to sell this thing.  Also I freaking love the defensive recruiting he's done.  Nice start to the new era.  True, we'll need more 4 stars in the future but he has that eye for under appreciated talent that we so despearately need at a program like ours.

12 3-stars according to 24/7.  2 4-stars.  14th ranked class in the conference.

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 31, 2018, 11:26:11 am

12th when going by average/recruit.

HogX

Several 3 stars with major conference offers and a class that was cobbled together in a matter of weeks.  I'll take it.  Next year is the real test.

FraggleHog

It's been common knowledge that Arkansas was going to sign a small class. They get penalized with 0's for every slot under 20 (or 19, can't remember)... Can't go off of team rankings this year. Those 0's majorly skew Arkansas negatively. For what CCM was given, he has done a hell of a job with this class.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 31, 2018, 12:49:58 pm
It's been common knowledge that Arkansas was going to sign a small class. They get penalized with 0's for every slot under 20 (or 19, can't remember)... Can't go off of team rankings this year. Those 0's majorly skew Arkansas negatively. For what CCM was given, he has done a hell of a job with this class.

Agree completely...can't wait to see the 2019 class.....if this is what we are gonna see...gonna be one big difference in the team.