Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vegas memories....

Started by oldbooniehog, January 12, 2014, 06:52:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

Tomorrow, I head to Vegas for a convention.

I was surfing around and found this.

If you dont' want to watch the whole thing, try just the first 10 minutes or so. I was at the game, in the Hogwild Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0G3lnFTrUQ

Atlhogfan1

I was front row for that one.  I remember the celebs and excitement.  It was different than games like Texas, Kentucky or Memphis State.  We had the winter weather leading up to the game.  The anticipation was unbelievable.  Even the Super Bowl Sunday game vs UK paled in comparison.  Visions and memories I'll never forget. Too bad UNLV did the run outs and ran away with a win.  I also miss what college basketball once was.  This type of game can't exist now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

oldbooniehog

You're right about that. How many of the players on that court back then would today be "one-and-dones" or just have gone straight to the NBA out of high school?

No way we will ever see college teams with that much experienced talent, at least not with the way the NBA does business now.

dhornjr1

The best part of that game was the 13-3 run that starts at about the 31:30 mark and culminates at the 38:30 mark with a 75 foot baseball pass by Oliver Miller to Todd Day for a thunderous dunk and a six point lead - the largest deficit that UNLV had faced that season.

Super Hog

Incredible build up and atmosphere. Will never, ever forget it!