Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin - entertaining article with pictures

Started by ballz2thewall, November 10, 2017, 12:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

solitons

phadedhawg

I think he's of questionable character but I wouldn't mind us making a run at him once Bert cleans out his desk

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 10, 2017, 04:47:02 pm
I think he's of questionable character but I wouldn't mind us making a run at him once Bert cleans out his desk

I believe he would win.

PRJ

Wildhog

I like Kiffin, but just don't see any way Jeff Long even considers him.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 04:51:34 pm
I believe he would win.

PRJ
I do too. He's an elite offensive mind. We showed here once that we can win with that.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Karma on November 10, 2017, 04:52:36 pm
I do too. He's an elite offensive mind. We showed here once that we can win with that.

And this is where we agree.....I believe Kiffin would win big time here. Guaranteed he would take the job. He knows the SEC and he would provoke the hell out of Saban....

Would be a gamble just like Petrino but Kiffin I think has learned his lesson. I would love a Norvell or Campbell....but I would take Lane over both of them.

PRJ

phadedhawg

Might give us a slight leg up, not advantage, but leg up against Bama if we had Kiffin on our side.

thebignasty

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 10, 2017, 05:00:57 pm
Might give us a slight leg up, not advantage, but leg up against Bama if we had Kiffin on our side.

Would be the first time since Saban got there that it would feel like Alabama was trying to run the score up, I'm afraid.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

phadedhawg

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 05:03:26 pm
Would be the first time since Saban got there that it would feel like Alabama was trying to run the score up, I'm afraid.

hahaha...yeah that thought crossed my mind but I decided to be optimistic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 05:03:26 pm

He lives in Nick's head. Might be good and might lead to an ass whipping....can't be any worse than this year....

PRJ

jaredkr

Kiffin would be a HOME RUN HIRE... as much as it pains me to say.... I would love for him to take over Ok State when Gundy retires as well
I am Ray Finkel

greenie

So we're impressed enough with his head coaching record at Oakland, USC, Tennessee, and FAU to really consider him a good option?  In my book, his only real success came while the OC for a stacked Bama team that I think lots of average offensive coaches could have achieved.  Enos would destroy defenses if he had that much talent to work with.

Kiffin wouldn't be on my list.  Maybe I should email my list to Long and Steinmetz.  I'm sure they're interested. ;)

PorkSoda

He was a crap talker at Tennessee and he crapped out there.

but at this point what have we got to lose.  I just want to see long go for a high risk high reward guy and see what happens. 

conservative has gotten us last in the SEC.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

H&D

1 count it ,1, ten win season as a head coach. He is not a good head coach.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

thebignasty

Quote from: greenie on November 10, 2017, 05:11:51 pm
So we're impressed enough with his head coaching record at Oakland, USC, Tennessee, and FAU to really consider him a good option?  In my book, his only real success came while the OC for a stacked Bama team that I think lots of average offensive coaches could have achieved.  Enos would destroy defenses if he had that much talent to work with.

Kiffin wouldn't be on my list.  Maybe I should email my list to Long and Steinmetz.  I'm sure they're interested. ;)

tend to think the way you do on this.  not much to hang his hat on when he was the HC.  hard to imagine a guy who couldn't figure it out with all of USCs resources doing it here.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Hogindasticks

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 04:56:05 pm
And this is where we agree.....I believe Kiffin would win big time here. Guaranteed he would take the job. He knows the SEC and he would provoke the hell out of Saban....

Would be a gamble just like Petrino but Kiffin I think has learned his lesson. I would love a Norvell or Campbell....but I would take Lane over both of them.

PRJ

Saban provoking would be an absolute plus!  I might become a Kiffin fan if he could bust Saban's bubble.

husker71

You have already read this book before guys.  Offensive genius (??) with a publicly flawed persona.  Exception is the 1st one had some proven ability to win.  I have no idea to this day if Kiffin is a great or good or an ok coach.  I know it never ends up good for him.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: greenie on November 10, 2017, 05:11:51 pm

Enos couldn't call his way out of a shoe box.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: husker71 on November 10, 2017, 05:49:40 pm
You have already read this book before guys.  Offensive genius (??) with a publicly flawed persona.  Exception is the 1st one had some proven ability to win.  I have no idea to this day if Kiffin is a great or good or an ok coach.  I know it never ends up good for him.

He is messed up enough..it actually might work for him with this fanbase.......two of the same.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on November 10, 2017, 04:52:34 pm
I like Kiffin, but just don't see any way Jeff Long even considers him.

Won't be Jeff's call.

King Kong

HOGINTENNESSEE

He is the guy that can turn this around.

He is ready

H&D

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

H&D

Honestly if they hired that d-bag, I'm done.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Paulsooie

That would for sure be interesting.  He would need. Keith Burns type DC I would think.  But we could use Keith right now anyway lol
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

King Kong

Quote from: H&D on November 10, 2017, 06:52:07 pm
Honestly if they hired that d-bag, I'm done.

Well you have fun being done as we win

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 04:56:05 pm

PRJ

Petrino was a gamble?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: TulsaHawg on November 10, 2017, 06:18:13 pm
Won't be Jeff's call.
The only hire Long has to worry about is getting himself a new job.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 10, 2017, 08:08:26 pm
Petrino was a gamble?

Really? Sure he was based on past behavior. Half this board points it out everytime he is mentioned.

But carry on.

PRJ

Switchback

Kiffin couldn't find success at the most high profile program in his conference, failed at the NFL, and did TN wrong.  His play calling cost Bama the championship against OSU and Saban thought so much of him he fired him before another championship game.

NuttinItUp

He has a bad record at FAU. Should tell you something...

Wildhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 10, 2017, 09:07:13 pm

6-3, 5-0 in Conference is bad?
1909/1964/1965/1977

TrueBlue

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 10, 2017, 09:07:13 pm

Research before commenting.

From Tusk Till Dawn

He would garner alot of attention from the media, which could be good for recruiting.  At the same time, he would be under a microscope.  If it started going bad, it would be magnified.  The entire nation would revel in the idea that Ark just cant seem to figure it out.

Paulsooie

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 10, 2017, 09:47:06 pm
He would garner alot of attention from the media, which could be good for recruiting.  At the same time, he would be under a microscope.  If it started going bad, it would be magnified.  The entire nation would revel in the idea that Ark just cant seem to figure it out.

That's also a very good point
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

KlubhouseKonnected

Would he be bringing that sex criminal Briles with him?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 10, 2017, 09:47:06 pm

I think thats already been noted....lol

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 10, 2017, 10:06:55 pm
Would he be bringing that sex criminal Briles with him?

Kendall Briles is a sex criminal?

PRJ

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Wildhog on November 10, 2017, 09:15:38 pm
6-3, 5-0 in Conference is bad?

Yes, 6-3 is bad at a no-name like that.

He should have 0 or 1 loss like UCF or USF to be considered succeeding.

NuttinItUp

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 10, 2017, 10:10:50 pm

So....he should've beat Navy and Wisconsin?

PRJ

NuttinItUp

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 10:14:19 pm
So....he should've beat Navy and Wisconsin?

PRJ

If he is a good coach: Navy, most likely. Wisconsin, not likely. Buffalo, certainly!

Wildhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 10, 2017, 10:10:50 pm

Exactly, they are a no name.  They went 9-27 over the last three years.

Kiffin has them 5-0 in conference.  And it's his first year.

Don't get me wrong.  Frost is #1 on my list, but Kiffin has done an incredible job in year one at FAU.
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

Hogindasticks

The thing I would like about Kiffin...that he would break his neck to never lose to Saban......that means he is definitely a Hog already...lol

I think the competitiveness would definitely push the program.......he himself would be looking to prove himself.

KlubhouseKonnected

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 10, 2017, 10:15:56 pm
If he is a good coach: Navy, most likely. Wisconsin, not likely. Buffalo, certainly!

In his first year...with a team that I believe was 3-9 last year...

Sure...he should be in the top 10.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 10, 2017, 10:26:30 pm
He was complicit. He is trash

Again....he is a sex criminal?

Please link me the conviction and I will need to run the database to see if this heathen has registered.

PRJ