Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twas the Night Before LSU

Started by cj_sez, October 25, 2007, 09:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cj_sez

HDN retired for the evening. Shortly after falling asleep, he roused to see the ghost of Orville Henry standing beside his bed. Orville silently nodded at him and beckoned to Nutt to rise. The ghost took Nutt by the hand and whispered "I have something to show you." In a flash, they stood beside a gridiron where thousands of screaming Razorback fans cheered and shouted with glee as Lou Holtz led the team to a mighty win over Oklahoma in the 1978 Orange Bowl.
"Why did you bring me here?" Nutt asked the specter.
"To show what Arkansas football used to be." Orville replied.
"Big deal," said Nutt. "Holtz was overrated."
Orville shook his head sadly and took Nutt's hand again.
In a flash, they were in time to see Casey Dick throw an interception and the LSU defender run it back for 40 yards and a Tiger TD.
Orville points to the scoreboard. LSU is leading 35 to 0 in the 2nd quarter. Then Orville aims his finger at the Arkansas sideline where Nutt sees himself biting his nails and pacing along the white line. Fans moan and hold up signs all over the stadium, "FIRE NUTT!!!" and "Nuttin' like being 1-6 in the SEC!!!"
"That is tomorrow." Orville stated.
Nutt laughed. "Oh no, it's not. You see, I have a wide-open game plan for tomorrow."
Orville said, "You've been saying that for 10 years now. You've made non-believers of the Razorback fans. You have divided the fans, ruined players, mistreated others around you. Tomorrow's game is your last. You'll be fired."
Nutt scoffed, "I have a contract until 2012."
"That doesn't matter, they have plenty of cause to fire you."
"That would be a huge mistake." Nutt laughed. "They would be nothing without me."
Orville shook his head. "I will show you what this team would be without you, if you'd been fired last year. Butch Davis would've been hired to replace you."
In a wink of an eye, the scoreboard cleared, then different numbers appeared. The score Arkansas 28, LSU 0.
The UA quarterback took a snap, dropped back, fired a pass downfield where a receiver caught the ball, then ran to the endzone.
"Mustain to Damian Williams, touchdown Arkansas!"
A jubilant Butch Davis is seen slapping a grinning Gus Malzahn on the back.
Orville's ghost turned to Nutt, "Without you, Darren McFadden would win the Heisman this year. The team would be playing in a BCS bowl game, perhaps the championship."
"You're dreaming," Nutt fired defensively. "I am the head coach, I am the team."
Orville shook his head one more time. "This is all the time I am prepared to waste on you."
Nutt awoke in a cold sweat. "Geez, what a nightmare!" he whispered in the darkness.
"A nightmare for the players and the fans." came the disembodied voice of Orville.
Nutt screamed until Diana was forced to call the paramedics. The last report from the psychiatric hospital is that he is under constant supervision and heavily medicated.

FairyTale exerpt from the Brothers Nutt.

Sow’sEar

silly but entertaining. I'll give you a +1

hawgwild child

moses_007

Donny2665

Now I can go to sleep after the bedtime story. Thanks
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins