Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ken Hamlin - Truth

Started by jgphillips3, November 09, 2017, 09:05:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 11, 2017, 09:00:24 am
Totally agree.  My point was one part of a larger problem.  Coaching and heart are two things that need to improve just as much or more so than just being intimidators in the defensive backfield.

One of the things Hamlin said the other day is our secondary goes backward when tackling, saying that should never, ever happen.  Heart and technique.

Al Boarland

Ken should have checked with me before the season started. I saw this coming.

MissippHog

It's amazing what a couple of "Hamlins" will do for a defense.  Hamlin had that dog in him.  We need more dogs.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 09, 2017, 09:05:28 am
He sees what we see:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/nov/08/state-hogs-hamlin-doesnt-what-he-sees-defensively/
Pretty much everything I've been saying. Clint Stoerner be on point with his analysis as well. As a defense you have to make it clear that this is a dictatorship not a democracy. You're going to do what we want you to do.

"Bert can't handle the truth!"
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Steef on November 09, 2017, 09:22:36 am
Great article.

Thanks!
Yep, real good read coming from a former great Arkansas Razorback's perspective. If he sees and says it I believe it.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The NewEra on November 11, 2017, 09:07:44 am
One of the things Hamlin said the other day is our secondary goes backward when tackling, saying that should never, ever happen.  Heart and technique.
Yep, this makes me scream at the TV every time..."Go get em, what are you waiting on!" As a defense you have to close that space not the offensive player. Every inch you give is an inch he gains. Could be the difference between a 1st down or a 3 & out, a touchdown or a stop, a punt or a field goal attempt, a win or a loss. It kills me every time I see them do that.

That let's me know that they are scared.

goodguytex

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 11, 2017, 09:00:24 am
Totally agree.  My point was one part of a larger problem.  Coaching and heart are two things that need to improve just as much or more so than just being intimidators in the defensive backfield.
Yeah, I agree. I think there's a great deal of heart and desire with the players on our team. And I'm trying not to put down any of our coaching staff, seriously. Because I have loved the Hogs all my life. As did my Dad his, and his Father did most of his.

But coaches have to be nose to the grindstone 24/7. Very hard to be the best and have a life outside of the football program.

Part of being a great coach is knowing what buttons to push to properly have your team prepared and motivated. I think Rhoades is a good Football coach. But I just wonder if his staff is knowledgeable and experienced enough to be coaching in the SEC. There's a reason most of the defensive staff weren't position coaches for a major college football program. Either they hadn't worked their way up and were inexperienced, or they just aren't good enough. Either way, the SEC shouldn't be on the job training. Not to the degree we have going.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MissippHog on November 11, 2017, 09:41:33 am
It's amazing what a couple of "Hamlins" will do for a defense.  Hamlin had that dog in him.  We need more dogs.

Is that receiver's eye popping out of its socket due to that collision caused by Mr. Hamlin?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.