Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I want the SEC to win but anybody else rooting on UCF to beat the $50 mill man?

Started by checkraiser88, January 01, 2018, 02:28:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar Hogbrok

We dodged a $7mm/ year bullet.

We can suck for much less money than that.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SugarHillGaHog

phadedhawg

Quote from: The Chief on January 01, 2018, 04:00:40 pm
We dodged a $7mm/ year bullet.

We can suck for much less money than that.

hahahahaha...aye....totally!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 01, 2018, 03:59:31 pm
What does it matter if the SEC is good or not? This Hogville, not SECville.

We want the SEC to get the benefit of the doubt if we are ever in a position to benefit from it.  Shortsighted to want it to be bad.   I get pulling against Gus.  I get not wanting it to be what it was when it was so ridiculously deep. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

redeye

Quote from: Kevin on January 01, 2018, 03:56:00 pm
a guy he found at  a camp.  wonder where the recruiting gurus were

Even more impressive.

Frost reminds me of Petrino, except that he's not an a$$hat.  I also respect that he's so loyal to his assistants.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 03:45:50 pm
Bama Uga AU LSU SC will all be good next season.
As for AU, gus averages 4 to 5 losses a year...and next year they have Washington, and go to bama and uga
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

lakecityhog

Did Steele ever have his defense blitz? Auburn had 1 sack, 1!!! UCF had 6 and blitzed a ton.

LSU opportunities to rush the ND QB and just flat out refused to blitz and it got their butts beat.

I hope that our coaches NEVER go conservative with a lead!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 01, 2018, 04:07:07 pm
As for AU, gus averages 4 to 5 losses a year...and next year they have Washington, and go to bama and uga

Someone has to lose.  Better if it's Gus. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dark Helmet Hog

But Auburn has all those top 10 recruiting classes. How does this happen? LOL

Razorback_Mack

Where's the Jim Chaney thread? He's about to call plays in the National Semifinal game. Hogville claims he's the worst OC in the history of football. You people really are amazing. To talk trash about people that are actually playing in big time ballgames today while we're sitting at the house shows an epic amount of ignorance. Just for the record, I hope all the SEC teams get skull drug.

redeye

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 01, 2018, 04:08:06 pm
I hope that our coaches NEVER go conservative with a lead!

Unfortunately, Chavis is known to do that and it frustrated LSU fans to no end.  I guess Aranda is no different for them.

oldbooniehog

All other SEC teams can burn, burn, burn.

I hope they all lose in horrible, heart-breaking, embarrassing fashion!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 01, 2018, 04:11:06 pm
Where's the Jim Chaney thread? He's about to call plays in the National Semifinal game. Hogville claims he's the worst OC in the history of football. You people really are amazing. To talk trash about people that are actually playing in big time ballgames today while we're sitting at the house shows an epic amount of ignorance.
Well, it's pretty damn cold outside!

redeye

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 01, 2018, 04:11:06 pm
Where's the Jim Chaney thread? He's about to call plays in the National Semifinal game. Hogville claims he's the worst OC in the history of football. You people really are amazing. To talk trash about people that are actually playing in big time ballgames today while we're sitting at the house shows an epic amount of ignorance.

FWIW, Georgia fans aren't exactly thrilled with Chaney, either.

Razorback_Mack

Paul

Peter Porker

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 04:03:26 pm
We want the SEC to get the benefit of the doubt if we are ever in a position to benefit from it.  Shortsighted to want it to be bad.   I get pulling against Gus.  I get not wanting it to be what it was when it was so ridiculously deep.

Lol if we are ever in position... has it occurred to you we aren't because these other SEC teams keep winning?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 01, 2018, 04:16:08 pm
Lol if we are ever in position... has it occurred to you we aren't because these other SEC teams keep winning?

Did you read the last sentence in the post to which you replied? 

What's funny?  If we are in NC contention some season, I want to be given the benefit.  In 2011, we went to LSU in the top 3 with 1 loss partially because of the SEC's depth and rep.  I'm good with that.  We don't want the conf to be so good though we have little hope. 

HogRealism

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 01, 2018, 03:41:10 pm
oh man, I feel like i just won the super bowl...it gives me life. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tonight, when all the Auburn fans go home to their trailer park with their cousins, when they crawl into bed, they will know that Gus took 'em to the cleaners and they cant' even beat UCF.
Ya totally in yo face.. Orgeron and Malzahn coaching two of the most successful SEC West football programs....How far the conference has fallen... SEC 2-5 in post season...nice! Most likely 2-7 and at home after tonight

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: redeye on January 01, 2018, 04:12:28 pm
FWIW, Georgia fans aren't exactly thrilled with Chaney, either.
They're not thrilled with being 12-1, SEC champs, CFP, being top 10 nationally in rushing, being top 10 nationally in scoring, while competing against SEC defenses, all with a true freshman QB???????

Ok I'll just say this, if certain UGA "fans" aren't happy with that their opinion doesn't matter to me.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Peter Porker

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 04:20:22 pm
Did you read the last sentence in the post to which you replied? 

What's funny?  If we are in NC contention some season, I want to be given the benefit.  In 2011, we went to LSU in the top 3 with 1 loss partially because of the SEC's depth and rep.  I'm good with that.  We don't want the conf to be so good though we have little hope.

If rather go undefeated and take my chances. Keep wishing other teams get 5 stars and beat us. That's what them winning means.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 01, 2018, 04:27:33 pm
If rather go undefeated and take my chances. Keep wishing other teams get 5 stars and beat us. That's what them winning means.

They get 5 stars because they have 5 stars near them. 

I don't wish for them to beat us. 

No darn on going undefeated. 

PonderinHog

So, with all these SEC losses, can we expect our recruiting to improve?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 04:29:20 pm

LSU wasn't great until Saban got there. As a matter of fact they were medicore to good for about 40 years. Roughly 1960-2000. Not great by any means. LSU built momentum by winning big with Saban which helped them in recruiting. If LSU would've been down in 2011 we finish 11-1 and are playing for a NC. It's not hard to figure out.

Take the years we've won the west. Alabama has been down every time. It's not a coincidence nor is it hard to figure out.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 01, 2018, 04:36:45 pm
LSU wasn't great until Saban got there. As a matter of fact they were medicore to good for about 40 years. Roughly 1960-2000. Not great by any means. LSU built momentum by winning big with Saban which helped them in recruiting. If LSU would've been down in 2011 we finish 11-1 and are playing for a NC. It's not hard to figure out.

Take the years we've won the west. Alabama has been down every time. It's not a coincidence nor is it hard to figure out.

I know LSUs history.  They underachieved. 

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 01, 2018, 04:35:33 pm
So, with all these SEC losses, can we expect our recruiting to improve?
It has to be sustained for more than a year. If LSU struggles for 3-4 years I can assure you we'll pick up more kids out of LA. It's common sense. Why do you think Bama recruits nationally including stealing recruits from Arkansas? It's because they win at a high level. If they were a 7-8 win team every year no Arkansas kid goes there. Did Arkansas kids go to Bama under Shula or any of the other trash coaches from the mid to late 90's and early 2000's? Nope. They went to Tennessee who happened to have it rolling. It's just common sense man. Very simple.

The OTR

I asked earlier if we should go after Gus again.  It was deleted.  I guess not.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 04:29:20 pm

They weren't always getting 5 stars. LSU pre-Saban, Bama in the late 90s were not getting the same level of talent.

oldbooniehog

I wish Alabama and LSU and Auburn and Georgia would all get 5 years of NCAA probation.

I hope they all get scholarship reductions.

I wish they would be forced to forfeit every win for the last 10 years.

May they all burn.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 01, 2018, 05:10:02 pm
I wish Alabama and LSU and Auburn and Georgia would all get 5 years of NCAA probation.

I hope they all get scholarship reductions.

I wish they would be forced to forfeit every win for the last 10 years.

May they all burn.
I'm with you!

Haters gonna hate

I was rooting for UCF as badly as we all were for Auburn to lose to Bama lol