Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina QB Bentley

Started by JackTNHogfan, September 30, 2017, 08:21:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTNHogfan

Do you guys think he will have a career day against like every other QB does?  I sure hope not...

Porkchop#1

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 30, 2017, 08:21:12 pm
Do you guys think he will have a career day against like every other QB does?  I sure hope not...
I hope the NCAA doesn't start taking games against Arkansas out of the stats for other team's players, since it does help them to have such lofty numbers.

RyeHogFan

Bentley is a very good QB and I would be surprised if he didn't do well against our soft defense.  Then again, A&M's defense isn't exactly elite (as evidenced by the 43 points they gave up to us last week), and yet SCar has only managed 10 on them at the half. 

jm

He may throw for 1000 yards in just one game unless they decide to just keep the ball on the ground and roll up 1000 that way.

sowmonella

Quote from: jm on September 30, 2017, 08:46:50 pm
He may throw for 1000 yards in just one game unless they decide to just keep the ball on the ground and roll up 1000 that way.

You will likely make a fortune betting against the Hogs next week. Your expert opinion doesn't give us a chance in hell. I wish i had your football knowledge.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Rayzback

Took 7 sacks tonight. Was he holding the ball or does their line suck?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 30, 2017, 10:26:08 pm
TAMU Beat him up tonite!

The kid was hammered.  I'd feel bad for him if we weren't up next.

NuttinItUp

Remember that poor old horrible team, A&M, whom many on here had totally dead after the UCLA game.  Well, I believe thats been their only loss.  they have 2 conference wins too.  We would feel we were setting pretty if we had their record this far into the season.  That Sumlin feller can't coach a lick, right.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

NuttinItUp

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2017, 09:17:13 am
Remember that poor old horrible team, A&M, whom many on here had totally dead after the UCLA game.  Well, I believe thats been their only loss.  they have 2 conference wins too.  We would feel we were setting pretty if we had their record this far into the season.  That Sumlin feller can't coach a lick, right.

Sumlin is a good coach. Not sure why some dog him so much.

We can never beat him, that is for sure.

elviscat

We will have a very hard time winning against SC.

PorkRinds

Quote from: elviscat on October 01, 2017, 09:42:53 am
We will have a very hard time winning against SC.

What makes you think so? Their defense is ok but wenscored way more points on ATM than they did.

LRHawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 09:10:10 am

Someone should have warned her ... There's always a camera on the sidelines.

elksnort

How good is Bentley at scrambling?

Rayzback

Quote from: LRHawg on October 01, 2017, 10:29:23 am

She likes the boys in the band. She says that I'm her all time favorite.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

PorkRinds

Quote from: elksnort on October 01, 2017, 10:32:17 am
How good is Bentley at scrambling?

Doesn't matter. He won't have to scramble with our pass rush.

RedyorNot

Not having Pulley is definitely hurting what was a strength last year. Curl is learning by fire and getting better, but he's gonna get picked on every week so they've got to get more pressure on the QB.

Birminghog

Quote from: Rayzback on October 01, 2017, 10:38:36 am
She likes the boys in the band. She says that I'm her all time favorite.

Mom: "You're pregnant? Who's the father?"
Coed: "I have it narrowed down to two."
Mom: "Two!"
Coed: "Yes. The band and the football team."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Rayzback on September 30, 2017, 10:24:28 pm
Took 7 sacks tonight. Was he holding the ball or does their line suck?

S. Carolina has given up 15 Sacks and 8 QB Hurries in 5 games.

A&M had 7 against us as well. I'm sure at least part of it had to do with holding the ball. How much, I don't know.
Go Hogs Go!

RebelliousHog

SoCar had 279 total yards, 256 of which were passing. 23 yards rushing ain't going to win games.

2-13 on 3rd down. Not great
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HenduHog on October 01, 2017, 01:00:54 pm
SoCar had 279 total yards, 256 of which were passing. 23 yards rushing ain't going to win games.

2-13 on 3rd down. Not great

Yeah looking at the box score from that game makes me think we have a decent chance.  We were able to pass and run against A&M.  SC can only pass.  We may give up some passing yards but once the field contracts inside the red zone I think they will have trouble converting due to their inability to run the ball. Although it's importance can be overstated TOP should favor us as well. Wear down their D.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hobhog

He got nailed on 2nd to last play of game and could barely stand up. Wobbled back to take last snap and threw incomplete. He may not be all there...

twistitup

We are so hungry now....Bentley doesn't stand a chance
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 01, 2017, 01:17:42 pm
Yeah looking at the box score from that game makes me think we have a decent chance.  We were able to pass and run against A&M.  SC can only pass.  We may give up some passing yards but once the field contracts inside the red zone I think they will have trouble converting due to their inability to run the ball. Although it's importance can be overstated TOP should favor us as well. Wear down their D.   

For S. Carolina to stay in the ball game they have to score from outside the RZ. 55.3% of their points (on average) come from outside the RZ. Shut down or reduce those points and we stand a good chance of beating the Gamecocks on their own field.

Bentley only completes 38.9% of his passes in the RZ and they are only 3 of 7 on FG's when the ball is spotted inside the 25 this year.
Go Hogs Go!

1highhog

1highhog

Quote from: LRHawg on October 01, 2017, 10:29:23 am

this would be fun to post on their message board me thinks

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 01, 2017, 03:18:51 pm
For S. Carolina to stay in the ball game they have to score from outside the RZ. 55.3% of their points (on average) come from outside the RZ. Shut down or reduce those points and we stand a good chance of beating the Gamecocks on their own field.

Bentley only completes 38.9% of his passes in the RZ and they are only 3 of 7 on FG's when the ball is spotted inside the 25 this year.

Getting back to topic (even though that video was funny...caught!), we are in better position not needing to worry about Debo Samuel. He was a kid for S. Carolina who could change the course of a game either in KO Returns or regular offense. Don't wish anything bad for him, but glad we won't have to guard against him in this game.
Go Hogs Go!

HardCore

Quote from: twistitup on October 01, 2017, 01:33:21 pm
We are so hungry now....Bentley doesn't stand a chance

With our pass rush, he will get plenty of chances
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Bubba's Bruisers

We should be able to give SC all they can handle.  A pretty even matchup. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

regi

Their OL is beat up,  they can't run the ball,  so,  Bret will emoy his usual,  rush 3, drop 8, Big10 defense and give a good QB a chance to beat us.