Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Time To Empty The Stadium

Started by The NewEra, November 05, 2017, 07:40:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

There are two more home games.  Apparently the only way to make the message clear to the administration that a change in head coaching is past due is an empty stadium. 

HardCore

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 07:40:29 am
There are two more home games.  Apparently the only way to make the message clear to the administration that a change in head coaching is past due is an empty stadium. 

Be nice to see an empty Athletic Director's Office
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

VirginiaHog

No thank you. My family will be there cheering for the players to win. Go Hogs.

DeltaBoy

It was pretty empty Yesterday!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mlloyd4

I'm thinking just the opposite.
I normally couldn't afford tickets.
This is a great time for me to actually see a game again.
WPS!
WPS

ricepig

Quote from: VirginiaHog on November 05, 2017, 07:52:51 am

Yep, wanted some of the previous coaches gone, but I support the Razorbacks, and I'll be there.

The real Hogules

I disagree. If the administration hasn't decided by now to correct the problem/fire the entire staff, then fans not showing up to watch losing football isn't going to sway them. Either they get it, or they don't. Hopefully they get it!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The NewEra

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 05, 2017, 07:59:24 am
I disagree. If the administration hasn't decided by now to correct the problem/fire the entire staff, then fans not showing up to watch losing football isn't going to sway them. Either they get it, or they don't. Hopefully they get it!

A near empty stadium on the Friday after Thanksgiving on CBS could help force some higher ups to demand change.

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 08:08:25 am
A near empty stadium on the Friday after Thanksgiving on CBS could help force some higher ups to demand change.

So, that's the way you would want to reward the Sr's on their day?

hog.goblin

This, and this

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 05, 2017, 07:55:06 am
It was pretty empty Yesterday!

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 08:09:29 am

I think it's time to consider what's best for the overall program.  There are winners and losers in every situation.

hog.goblin

That's my problem.  Ticket holders can do whatever they want and it's not my place to judge.  But I'm there to support the players, particularly the seniors.

I was there until the end last night.  The 4th quarter was a great atmosphere and the 20,000 or so left were loud and proud.  Everything about it was great except if was against a team that sucked.

Dark Helmet Hog

Surely there is a way to prove a point without empty seats. The kids do deserve support.

jst01

I wish 100k would show for Senior day; however, none enter the stadium. All stand and cheer as players make the hog walk, then wait outside and don't enter the stadium. All stay for the end to cheer the players as they leave.

3of5-2

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 08:17:03 am
Surely there is a way to prove a point without empty seats. The kids do deserve support.
The "kids" deserve, and have deserved a better coach for the last 5 years.

Ironhawg

I totally understand your frustration, but boycotting games is not fair to the kids.

Porked Tongue

Do you have tickets you are not using?  Or is this just you wanting others to do what you want?

I will use my tickets and be in my seat.

Kevin

I support the players who put on the uniform. can cbb just stay in the locker room
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SchrodingersHog

How about a stadium full of fans screaming for BB's resignation?  Posters saying ByeBye Bret.  Maybe a plane flying a banner.  Everyone sick of BB show up wearing green..... to indicate how nauseous the situation has become.  There should be a way to support the team AND make a loud, clear statement about wanting change.

Kevin

how about a stadium full of fans wearing a t shirt, I SUPPORT THE PLAYERS.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Ironhawg

Quote from: Kevin on November 05, 2017, 08:48:04 am

Or t-shirts saying OUTSIDER.

The NewEra

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 08:40:52 am
Do you have tickets you are not using?  Or is this just you wanting others to do what you want?

I do not have tickets.  I will not be there.  You are free to go if you want.

The only way to start a boycott is for someone to call for it.  If that offends you, then sorry.  Do I think the seniors deserve better, yes!  My larger concerns are for the vast majority of players who will be returning to play one or more years.  They deserve better than what they've been receiving from this coach.   I didn't create this situation though.  Bielema did!

ricepig

The vast majority don't, but they'll answer they turned down free tickets, haha.

The NewEra

Quote from: Kevin on November 05, 2017, 08:48:04 am

Good Idea!  This would be just as effective and make the same point.  "I SUPPORT THE PLAYERS - BIELEMA NEEDS TO GO"

Kevin

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 08:53:12 am
Good Idea!  This would be just as effective and make the same point.  "I SUPPORT THE PLAYERS - BIELEMA NEEDS TO GO"

just trying to stay positive like the coach

nesjunk

I spent 25 years in exile.  I will attend every Hog game I can for the rest of my life.  Period.

DoctorSusscrofa

Probably should happen. Probably won't happen. High percentage of fans don't truly care about wins and losses. They get entertainment and socializing. That's enough for 30k or more to show up.  And they'll keep it from looking too empty.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

hawgon

College is a time for learning life lessons.  It is a good time for these kids to learn that not everyone gets a trophy and there are consequences for underperforming.  Do the kids a service and don't show up for this mess.

Porked Tongue

It's going to be empty enough without trying to talk people out of wanting to go.

Hawgphish

And empty living rooms.  For the first time in 15 years, i skipped the game and went to movies with wife and daughter. 

hobhog

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 08:14:00 am
I think it's time to consider what's best for the overall program.  There are winners and losers in every situation.

How many games, if any, have you gone to? Season ticket holder?

That's what I thought.

Just stay home and let us do as we wish.

hobhog

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 05, 2017, 09:03:04 am
And empty living rooms.  For the first time in 15 years, i skipped the game and went to movies with wife and daughter.

So cute!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

They stadium could have 500 people in it and they'd still announce a crowd of 60k
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The NewEra

Quote from: hobhog on November 05, 2017, 09:05:08 am
How many games, if any, have you gone to? Season ticket holder?

That's what I thought.

Just stay home and let us do as we wish.

My family and I had seven season tickets for over 20 years (Broyles Matthews).  In 2010 when I lost my younger brother who was also an avid Hog fan I decided to quit attending the games or renew tickets.  Many of those years I was living in Dallas and had to drive five hours one way to attend games in LR or Fayetteville.

You're feed to do as you wish, but I bet this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

hobhog

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 09:09:16 am
My family and I had seven season tickets for over 20 years.  In 2010 when I lost my younger brother who was also an avid Hog fan I decided to quit attending the games or renew tickets.  Many of those years I was living in Dallas and had to drive five hours one way to attend games in LR of Fayetteville.

You're feed to do as you wish, but I bet this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Actually, yes. It was. The answer is zero.

These threads are started on every message board for every struggling program in the country. And they are always started by people who don't go in first place.

BearsBisonsBoars

We can't do that to the seniors. They don't deserve that.

depressed_fan

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 05, 2017, 09:03:04 am

you missed an exciting game. Great 4th quarter comeback. hope you recorded it

Michael_E_Davis

I guess people have a short memory.  I will take this time to remind everyone;  We have won the last two games,  and still have a chance to go bowling.  The ole miss game was the biggest come back in over 20 years.  You guys, that have hated Bielema from the get go,  are peeing yourselves with excitement that the Razorbacks are struggling...  but calling for people to empty out the stands is something a snowflake would do.  Perhaps you all should join the Liberals this weekend for the 'scream at the sky' event. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

majp51

The only way that works is if MSU beats Bama this coming Weekend. Otherwise everything except the Missouri games will be guaranteed Saturday Morning starts. Jeff Long has been here long enough to say "Superior competition, no longer with even an outside chance for the CPF, + Hunting equals empty stadium"

Now if you got a large number of Box holders to put a lawsuit together saying that based on the handling of the football team the AD is attempting to defraud them, CBB would be out within 30 seconds of the suit hitting the papers.

Because JL is all about image, and that one would be a career killer

The NewEra

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 05, 2017, 09:16:41 am
I guess people have a short memory.  I will take this time to remind everyone;  We have won the last two games,  and still have a chance to go bowling.  The ole miss game was the biggest come back in over 20 years.  You guys, that have hated Bielema from the get go,  are peeing yourselves with excitement that the Razorbacks are struggling...  but calling for people to empty out the stands is something a snowflake would do.  Perhaps you all should join the Liberals this weekend for the 'scream at the sky' event.

I'll stop short of joining the Liberals.

A snowflake would cry about the mods moving their post to another forum. 

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Grunt

I do not understand you.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

hobhog

Quote from: majp51 on November 05, 2017, 09:16:55 am

The only way that works is if MSU beats Bama this coming Weekend. Otherwise everything except the Missouri games will be guaranteed Saturday Morning starts. Jeff Long has been here long enough to say "Superior competition, no longer with even an outside chance for the CPF, + Hunting equals empty stadium"

Now if you got a large number of Box holders to put a lawsuit together saying that based on the handling of the football team the AD is attempting to defraud them, CBB would be out within 30 seconds of the suit hitting the papers.

Because JL is all about image, and that one would be a career killer

Ridiculous....

WilsonHog

I was there until the end yesterday, and will be for State and Missouri.

However, it is fair to say that I cared no more that we won 39-38 than I would if we had lost 38-32.

elviscat

It's called" Boycott" it is the only way change will happen.

The NewEra

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 05, 2017, 09:29:18 am
I was there until the end yesterday, and will be for State and Missouri.

However, it is fair to say that I cared no more that we won 39-38 than I would if we had lost 38-32.

The media shots of the rest of the crowd seemed to show you weren't alone.

Grunt

Collateral loss.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.