Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Rangers - 2012

Started by Dr. Starcs, April 09, 2012, 04:04:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

WOW Back to Back Loses by the Rangers.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs

After losing their 3rd straight game last night in Cleveland, the Rangers come back to win tonight in extra innings.

Adrian Beltre hit a pinch hit 3-run home run in the top of the 11th. Holland got the no decision after going 7 1/3 innings and giving up 2 runs.

Texas improves to 18-9 on the season.

Dr. Starcs

Rangers lost yesterday to Cleveland.

Saw an interesting stat today - Texas is 16-4 with Beltre in the starting lineup, 2-6 without him.

Rangers are 18-10 overall and finish their road trip at Baltimore with a four game series starting tonight.

Dr. Starcs

Rangers start the series with a win tonight against the upstart Orioles. Texas wins it 14-3. Harrison looked like the start of the season pitcher tonight going 7 innings. He had really struggled his last 3 outings. Announcers said he had made some adjustments on mechanics the past couple days with pitching coach Mike Maddux.
Rangers improve to 19-10 on the season.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Wow ! Thanks as a yanks fan I hope you guys smOke the o's every game.  Doent hurt they played a 17 inning game last night.  Keep up the good work.
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

Yeah jeff. The orioles have really surprised me with their good start. They gave the rangers fits last year in their meetings. Buck Showalter is very underrated.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 08, 2012, 10:28:22 am
Yeah jeff. The orioles have really surprised me with their good start. They gave the rangers fits last year in their meetings. Buck Showalter is very underrated.

Should be a better game tonight, but need another Ranger win. Yanks starting a set with the Rays.  Ugh those bats better start showing some life.  Jeter on an amazing tear so far.  Tex, arod, cano are not pulling their weight.  I don't worry about cano, but texieria is horrible.  Never know if I spelled his name right. Prob why people generally just call him tex.
Let's make some waves.

ucahogfan

How about Josh Hamilton?  5 HRs in his last 6 ABs including 4 tonight with Elvis scoring each time.  Swinging it about as well as anyone ever has.

Dr. Starcs

Rangers win in baltimore again tonight 10-3. As uca mentioned Hamilton hit a MLB record-tying 4 home runs, bringing his season total to 14. Can anyone say "new contract"? 
Texas now 20-10 on the year with two more games coming up against the o's.

selfexplanatory

Hamilton is a freak.  I don't want the Rangers to go crazy and spend Pujols money, but I want them to lock Josh in for the next five or six years. 
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

Tejano Jawg

John Hamilton's man card just got an oak leaf cluster tonight. Wow.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Wow!  Was watching the yank game, but getting josh updates. 

I would be torn if I were a Ranger fan.  No way you want him going to another AL team and burning you later, but do you spend the big money on a long term deal?  Not worried about relapse.  One or two a year you can live with.  It's a business.  My concern would be health.  Has he done so much damage he is playing on 50 year old bones, or can he give you at less 115 solid games a year for 5 or 6 years. Tough decision and glad I'm not making it.
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

After getting rained out last night, the Rangers played two in Baltimore today. Texas loses the first game 6-5, but wins the second 7-3. Hamilton hits another bomb (15 on the year). They take 3 of 4 against the orioles.
Rangers now 21-11 on the season.

Dr. Starcs

The Rangers returned home to begin a series with what many thought would be a world series contender, the Angels. But the Angels have struggled early along with their $300 million man, Albert Pujols.
Texas won the first game in convincing fashion, 10-3. Former Ranger CJ Wilson started last nights game an faced five batters before a lengthy rain delay. When the game resumed, CJ did not return, however Texas pitcher Yu Darvish did and picked up another win. Wilson is expected to start again today.
Rangers manager Ron Washingon may have taken a subtle shot at Wilson by commenting how Yu returned to the game. Josh Hamilton hit his major league leading 16th and 17th home runs (in just his 30th game played this year).
Texas now 22-11 on the year.

userpick

Just now saw this thread. The Rangers are playing very well. They've played a pretty tough schedule so far and still have the best record in baseball. One thing that is NOT debatable is Josh Hamilton being the best player in baseball. Ive been going to Rangers games since I was in diapers and he's the most exciting player I've seen. Also, hearing the "we want CJ!" chants last night was awesome. I'm glad we let that weirdo go. Yu is the future!

Dr. Starcs

After dropping a game Saturday, the Rangers rebounded nicely last night routing Jared Weaver and the Angels. 13-6. Cruz hit a grand slam and Weaver only lasted 3 1/3 giving up 8 runs. Hamilton went 2 for 5 with 3 rbis but did not homer. (kinda surprising considering the week he's had).

Texas improves to a league best 23-12 on the season.

Dr. Starcs

Well, the Rangers lost a two game set at home against the Royals. Defense really hurt Texas during both games.
The Oakland A's come to town tomorrow.
The Rangers fall to 23-14 on the season.

DeltaBoy

Rangers are losing some steam.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 18, 2012, 01:55:15 pm
Rangers are losing some steam.

They will be fine. I hate to admit it, but they are clearly the best all around team in the game as of now. 
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

The Rangers split two mid-week games with Oakland in Arlington. They start inter-league play this weekend against the Astros in Houston.
A little baseball trivia here - the Rangers became the first team in MLB history to start their season with 14 different opponents.
24-13 on the year.

Dr. Starcs

May 20, 2012, 09:29:53 pm #70 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:33:10 pm by Dr. Starcs
Rangers take 2 of 3 in Houston.

Great game today by Colby Lewis.

Nolan Ryan also came out this week to say that the organization will not negotiate a new contract with Josh Hamilton during the season.

Rangers improve to 26-16.

Dr. Starcs

The Rangers drop 2 of 3 in Seattle to the Mariners. The one win Texas got, they had 4 hits which wa a season low.

Texas also put starting pitcher Neftali Feliz on the 15 day dl and espn reported yesterday that it is likely that the Rangers sign Roy Oswalt. (which makes me worry about the severity of Feliz' injury)

Texas falls to 27-18 on the year.

DeltaBoy

One night they Blow folks out and the next one they struggle.

rudebaker

my son and I are going to a couple Ranger games in June.   Does anyone know if it is possible to get autographs and photos with players either before or after game?

Dr. Starcs

Since my last post, the Rangers swept all 3 games against Toronto in Arlington. Following that series, Texas again dropped 2 of 3 against Seattle also in Arlington. Next up, a big series with the suddenly surging Angels.

Texas now 31-20 on the year.

Dr. Starcs

June 03, 2012, 05:58:26 pm #75 Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:48:05 pm by Dr. Starcs
The Rangers win today, but drop 2 of 3 overall in Anaheim this weekend against the Angels. Nelson Cruz hit the longest home run of the MLB season today (484 feet).

Texas has 7 more games coming up this week in the state of California, first 4 against Oakland and 3 against San Francisco.
Texas is 32-22 overall and still hold an advantage in the AL West.

Dr. Starcs

Ouch!  The Rangers dropped 3 of 4 in Oakland to the A's. Game 1 was so bad that former Hog and current Ranger Craig Gentry had to come in as a relief pitcher. On top of the losses, Texas also placed starting pitcher Derek Holland on the dl today with shoulder fatigue.
Texas falls to 33-25 overall, but still leads the AL West.

Tejano Jawg

Rangers, today in San Fran, throws Ogando (back from the bullpen) against Lincecum.

I'm really excited about this matchup. Just can't figure out which game to record and which to watch—Hog vs Bears or Rangers vs Giants. I think my wife is dragging me to a party this afternoon, so that may help decide it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hoghelmet14

took my Dad to a family Reunion in Texas.... stopped and watched the Rangers play.... they lost ... dang it.... only game they lost all week.... and I had to be there..... oh well.... going back on vacation to see them play the rockies friday and saturday..... hope they pull those two out!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Willyboy

After losing 3 of 4 to the A's in Oakland, the rangers have taken 2 of 3 from the dbacks and giants by playing small ball and not so small ball.  They swept the Astros last weekend and are one away from sweeping the padres. They've got a lot of home games here before the AS break. They are 9-2 in their last 11, and 4 of those wins came without Josh Hamilton.   

userpick

Craig Gentry wins it for the Rangers tonight! I was at the game and calling the hogs proudly! WPS!

selfexplanatory

Rangers enter today's games with a 3 game lead on Oakland (who have won 9 in a row) and 8.5 game lead on the Angels. 
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

DeltaBoy

Shameful Rangers give away a 16 game lead and let the A's win the West!