Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris PC After Scrimmage

Started by TebowHater, March 03, 2018, 08:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 07:05:04 pm
No, but I do tell people Bielema is a great coach to hire if you want to hear a lot of bluster and nothing on the field to back it up.

...anyway, I'm super excited to have CCM steering the ship...I like my ship to be guided by a sober captain

All Aboard
Just cant give CCM any applause without taking a shot at your ex.  You definelty have jilted lover's syndrom. They don't make pills for it, but a shrink might be able to help. 

twistitup

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 07:40:15 pm
Just cant give CCM any applause without taking a shot at your ex.  You definelty have jilted lover's syndrom. They don't make pills for it, but a shrink might be able to help. 

Don't bring it up and I won't talk about it. This thread was a about CCM - until Rice decided to defend the past nutrition program...the one that CCM just called out in a press conference as inadequate.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 07:05:04 pm
No, but I do tell people Bielema is a great coach to hire if you want to hear a lot of bluster and nothing on the field to back it up.

...anyway, I'm super excited to have CCM steering the ship...I like my ship to be guided by a sober captain

All Aboard
Well your boy better come out and get at least 6 wins next year or he'll be off to a bad start no matter how many things he claims are wrong with the program. We don't need excuses we need wins.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:03:50 pm
Well your boy better come out and get at least 6 wins next year or he'll be off to a bad start no matter how many things he claims are wrong with the program. We don't need excuses we need wins.

I agree - wins needed....I'll put him on the same timetable that was available to CBB

5 year plan.

I don't give in to fake pressure by fans of the old guard

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 08:07:37 pm
I agree - wins needed....I'll put him on the same timetable that was available to CBB

5 year plan.

I don't give in to fake pressure by fans of the old guard
Win 4 games next year and see how fast the heat is turned on. We have quality players up there however changing schemes might create some issues but not enough for a losing season.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:10:29 pm
Win 4 games next year and see how fast the heat is turned on. We have quality players up there however changing schemes might create some issues but not enough for a losing season.

CCM can handle the heat - if not - time to find a new job. He's been a coach for years, he knows what he signed up for....even w/o the message board blowhards telling him.

Changing schemes is all this team has known under the previous coach - they can handle it.

Go Hogs

#5yearplan

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 08:16:23 pm
CCM can handle the heat - if not - time to find a new job. He's been a coach for years, he knows what he signed up for....even w/o the message board blow hards telling him.

Changing schemes is all this team has known under the previous coach - they can handle it.
He's been HC at one school, SMU. Let's not kid ourselves.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:19:11 pm
He's been HC at one school, SMU. Let's not kid ourselves.

#5yearplan

No kidding

You heard his evaluation of the current team - it's will take time to recover from what CBB did - but I think we will see improvement in year 1

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 08:19:56 pm
#5yearplan

No kidding

You heard his evaluation of the current team - it's will take time to recover from what CBB did - but I think we will see improvement in year 1
No, he better hit the ground running and by that I mean winning 6 games first year. Like I said we don't need excuses for failing anymore. I hope he succeeds.

liljo

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:24:17 pm
No, he better hit the ground running and by that I mean winning 6 games first year. Like I said we don't need excuses for failing anymore. I hope he succeeds.

Or what? Uh, hate to bust your little bubble, but there are a whole lot of people that probably don't give a flying rat's arse what you mean.

Pretty sure.

Real sure.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: liljo on March 04, 2018, 08:29:06 pm
Or what? Uh, hate to bust your little bubble, but there are a whole lot of people that probably don't give a flying rat's arse what you mean.

Pretty sure.

Real sure.
Ok, go ahead when 4 games next year. We just paid a huge buyout to a coach who could have done that.

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

wildhogman

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:24:17 pm
and the beat goes on, and on and on and on and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I hate, I mean I really reallllllllllly hate to interrupt this super intellectual conversation because its so informative about the most important thing in the world, (you know, the answer to the argument my dog is better then your dog).  However,does anyone have any observations about anything they may have seen or heard about regarding that dull uninteresting thing called "spring practice"?  I am starved for how the new system is being installed, who is rising to the top, will the defense be better.  And most important, the best recipe for smoking ribs on game day for the family

liljo

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:30:53 pm
Ok, go ahead win 4 games next year. We just paid a huge buyout to a coach who maybecould have done that.

FIFY
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

ricepig

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 08:32:56 pm
and the beat goes on, and on and on and on and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I hate, I mean I really reallllllllllly hate to interrupt this super intellectual conversation because its so informative about the most important thing in the world, (you know, the answer to the argument my dog is better then your dog).  However,does anyone have any observations about anything they may have seen or heard about regarding that dull uninteresting thing called "spring practice"?  I am starved for how the new system is being installed, who is rising to the top, will the defense be better.  And most important, the best recipe for smoking ribs on game day for the family

Morris pretty much covered all of that in his PC. Install is going slow, but that's expected, hopefully the scrimmage will separate some to see what they have. Way too early to talk about certain players and the defense, also, BR would be the best one to talk about ribs with.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: farmhawg on March 04, 2018, 03:42:24 pm
Never liked him.....you must be Jen.

You need to grow up and learn forgiveness or you will be a bitter old woman, yourself. . .unless, from how it sounds, you already ARE a bitter old woman.

twistitup

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 08:32:56 pm
I am starved for how the new system is being installed, who is rising to the top, will the defense be better. 

Watch the video of the press conference ahole

snoblind

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 08:03:50 pm

All he needs is one conference win to start off better than the former coach you didn't want fired and want to keep defending.  And the new AD has made it 3 months without ticking off half the foundation members like the former AD you claimed wasn't going to fired.

I'd say we are in heading in a better direction.

Hawgphat

It is admittedly simply my personal opinion, but I feel that it is unrealistic to insist upon instituting an arbitrary number of wins which Coach Morris & staff "MUST" register this first season in order to be accounted as having made a "successful" beginning.  They are operating largely with what they have on hand right out of the gate.  Why can't we withhold judgment on their success rate until we see some identifiable indication of what progress is being made in the way of steady cumulative results?

Flatly stating artificial W-L record mandates for this first season strikes me as being a bit obtuse and divorced from reality.

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 12:12:23 pm
Told by who? I thought we had a great nutrition program ....wouldn't those same great employees have discussions with the coach about what was needed to improve our athletes? We switched from a Wisky offense to a spread type offense....but we forgot to change our diets to match the change in scheme?

Sounds like we have some very bright individuals running that awesome nutrition program.

Sometimes I feel like you're being impossible on purpose.

mckinneyhog5

I find it funny that over the top Morris supporters can't even say that he'll win x number of games the first year. Sorry guys but the program isn't decimated and standards need not be so low his first year. It's ok if he only wins six his first year. That's not setting the bar to high. I imagine he will have his expectations on the number of wins his first year.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Other than the fake news being spread about previous nutrition programs, when it comes to spring ball I was glad to hear that the 1's are scrimagging 1's (or good on good).  He also had good things to say about Froholdt and Agim and their leadership.  Another interesting point was that its all new to both freshman and seniors so it levels the playing field some on competition, who can drink from the firehose the quickest.  Should be fun to watch unfold.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: snoblind on March 04, 2018, 09:24:18 pm
All he needs is one conference win to start off better than the former coach you didn't want fired and want to keep defending.  And the new AD has made it 3 months without ticking off half the foundation members like the former AD you claimed wasn't going to fired.

I'd say we are in heading in a better direction.
Well good for you at least you've dedicated a number to shoot for unlike many here. But if your going to base Morris's success off what BB did then we'll be having to find a new coach in 4-5 years.

rtr

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:34:38 pm
Well good for you at least you've dedicated a number to shoot for unlike many here.
Coach Morris will do fine.  CBB didn't exactly set a high standard.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: rtr on March 04, 2018, 09:36:54 pm
Thanks for your confidence. I'll wait for the results to come in.

hoghearted

Quote from: rtr on March 04, 2018, 09:36:54 pm

ain't that the truth. Not a hard act to follow.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

jgphillips3

Morris will win at least 6, minimum.  I believe he'll win 7.  However, we are likely to be stuck between 7-9 wins in 2019 and 2020 until he can get the system fully in place and upgrade the talent/process the roster into his vision.  That 4th year on, if he does manage to boost recruiting into the teens (and thus no worse than middle of the pack SEC) double digit win seasons will be possible.  I will guarantee right now, Morris will never, ever sniff a 0 win or 1 win SEC record like the previous staff.  Those days are over.  I've seen enough now to know we will win games.  Only time will tell whether we become a title contender.  Who knows, maybe Saban will retire right as we hit stride. :)

rtr

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:38:48 pm
Thanks for your confidence. I'll wait for the results to come in.
You are correct in one sense, if he can't beat what was here, he is beyond failure.  Now I give him a pass the first year.  I am not at all sure Bielema has recruited as well as many have said. You must not really have any standards or expectations for the program.

mckinneyhog5

As far as nutrition goes it doesn't take a year to fix. That can handled over the summer. When I went into the Army it took about 8 weeks for me to gain 20 pounds of muscle and increased my endurance and speed.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: rtr on March 04, 2018, 09:41:53 pm
You are correct in one sense, if he can't beat what was here, he is beyond failure.  Now I give him a pass the first year.  I am not at all sure Bielema has recruited as well as many have said. You must not really have any standards or expectations for the program.
Sounds like you don't have ANY expectations. 6 wins is more than possible with our easy schedule next year.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2018, 09:41:26 pm
Morris will win at least 6, minimum.  I believe he'll win 7.  However, we are likely to be stuck between 7-9 wins in 2019 and 2020 until he can get the system fully in place and upgrade the talent/process the roster into his vision.  That 4th year on, if he does manage to boost recruiting into the teens (and thus no worse than middle of the pack SEC) double digit win seasons will be possible.  I will guarantee right now, Morris will never, ever sniff a 0 win or 1 win SEC record like the previous staff.  Those days are over.  I've seen enough now to know we will win games.  Only time will tell whether we become a title contender.  Who knows, maybe Saban will retire right as we hit stride. :)
See, I can live with that. I'm not putting any unrealistic expectations on CCM. Most good coaches can win with what they inherit. If he's anywhere close to a good coach 6 wins next year is not out of the question.

rtr

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:44:41 pm
Sounds like you don't have ANY expectations. 6 wins is more than possible with our easy schedule next year.
It would have been a struggle if CBB were still here.  Anyway, I'm done arguing with you. A waste of time.

liljo

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 09:33:34 pm
Other than the fake news being spread about previous nutrition programs, when it comes to spring ball I was glad to hear that the 1's are scrimagging 1's (or good on good).  He also had good things to say about Froholdt and Agim and their leadership.  Another interesting point was that its all new to both freshman and seniors so it levels the playing field some on competition, who can drink from the firehose the quickest.  Should be fun to watch unfold.

You are right, it SHOULD be fun to watch unfold. Unfortunately, for some of the fan base, none of that matters. No matter how hard these kids work, and no matter how hard this staff works, some fans will only enjoy winning on game day. Absolutely nothing else is enjoyable to them at all.

I am not one of those fans. I am greatly enjoying the program building process. In the SEC, where outstanding players fill rosters everywhere, it is impossible to predict with any accuracy the number of wins a new staff will obtain in their first couple of seasons. Believe it or not, and this will probably be an unpopular statement, a team can make strides and be better than they were the season before, yet it not show in the W-L tally--beacause everyone else got better as well.

I think it will be readily apparent that the 2019-2020 Razorbacks would throttle the 2016-2017 team. There will no doubt be challenges this year, but I don't believe this team will be just flat out coached every single halftime (and yes, I do mean every single halftime).

Recruiting. Developing. Retaining. Teaching. Scheming. There is a lot to do, and I am going to enjoy the show.

I'm sure somebody here will classify that as "over-the-top" but, I do a little classifying myself, so.....

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: rtr on March 04, 2018, 09:49:56 pm
It would have been a struggle if CBB were still here.  Anyway, I'm done arguing with you. A waste of time.
Good thing we hired a coach that can do it.

rtr

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:52:30 pm
Well on that we can agree.  Have a good night.  No sense going to bed mad.

HogBreath

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:52:30 pm
An even better thing that we fired the fat, lazy coach and goof AD who couldn't do it.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 08:44:03 pm
Watch the video of the press conference ahole
Ummmm,, I was thinking there might be people who have seen things with their own eyes,, but now reading this an "ahole's" like you I can see why none say anything. Sad. This board used to be my fav place for info/ Now its just full of lemons like you

Swestwill66

It's hard for me to not be optimistic about this coming season.
Brandon Martin- 1 or 2 top juco wr
Patten #1 te
On defense, we just got the # 1 juco de to go with Agim. Dejon Is gonna be a beast at lb. Pulley and Curl are gonna be solid.
I think with all the qb' s, 1 will emerge that can run this offense effectively. I think our running backs are suited for this offense.
Jordan Jones is one to watch, I think he has a big year.
  The interior d line is a bit of a ? for me, but it has potential. The o- line, as always, is also a ? but it also has potential.
How quick does this team adjust to new schemes and philosophy ?
  I believe we have some highly motivated coaches and that will pass on to the players.
Team health will be key. Our drop off, ability wise,from starters to second team is greater than that of the top half of the sec. It looks like CCM is putting in the work to change that.
Looking at the potential of this team, roster wise and new coaches, I think we have an exciting season coming up.
I bet there's 13 other sec teams predicting big things for their teams also.

I just went ahead and made mine a double on the kool-aid this year!
Go Hogs!!

wildhogman

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 09:33:34 pm
Other than the fake news being spread about previous nutrition programs, when it comes to spring ball I was glad to hear that the 1’s are scrimagging 1’s (or good on good).  He also had good things to say about Froholdt and Agim and their leadership.  Another interesting point was that its all new to both freshman and seniors so it levels the playing field some on competition, who can drink from the firehose the quickest.  Should be fun to watch unfold.
thank you. I enjoy some honest opinions about how things are unfolding so far

snoblind

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:34:38 pm
Well good for you at least you've dedicated a number to shoot for unlike many here. But if your going to base Morris's success off what BB did then we'll be having to find a new coach in 4-5 years.

Why would I base his success on what the former coach did?  Pretty clear that TCTWF's success was as a caretaker for a program Alvarez was still running.  Been following Morris since his Lake Travis days.

I think Morris will do much better than that and we won't be looking for a coach in 4-5 years.  But if we do, at least we won't be paying him 15M like the former dumba$$ AD set up for BB.

wildhogman

Quote from: Swestwill66 on March 04, 2018, 10:14:23 pm
It's hard for me to not be optimistic about this coming season.
Brandon Martin- 1 or 2 top juco wr
Patten #1 te
On defense, we just got the # 1 juco de to go with Agim. Dejon Is gonna be a beast at lb. Pulley and Curl are gonna be solid.
I think with all the qb' s, 1 will emerge that can run this offense effectively. I think our running backs are suited for this offense.
Jordan Jones is one to watch, I think he has a big year.
  The interior d line is a bit of a ? for me, but it has potential. The o- line, as always, is also a ? but it also has potential.
How quick does this team adjust to new schemes and philosophy ?
  I believe we have some highly motivated coaches and that will pass on to the players.
Team health will be key. Our drop off, ability wise,from starters to second team is greater than that of the top half of the sec. It looks like CCM is putting in the work to change that.
Looking at the potential of this team, roster wise and new coaches, I think we have an exciting season coming up.
I bet there's 13 other sec teams predicting big things for their teams also.

I just went ahead and made mine a double on the kool-aid this year!
Go Hogs!!

I'd have to agree with you on the offense. We have plenty of play makers that you didn't even name to go with the ones you did.  As you said, out of the QB's surely one of them givs us a chance.  Question, is the O-line uncerntaintly due to poor coaching? poor conditioning?   Will the new conditioning and coaching remedy that enough to buy our QB and extra seond or two?  Ya know, in the SEC a second is an enternity lol.
Like you I think secondary will be fine. I do wonder if we pressure the qb to much with ends wil we lose containment and get burned due to question marks at LB and interior line.  I'd love some koolaide but I wanna see how we look in the spring game.  I am hoping these hogs get it together sooner rather then later

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 10:15:22 pm
thank you. I enjoy some honest opinions about how things are unfolding so far
No problem, one thing I left off, he raved on Santos, thinks he is one of the best in the country.  Im hopeful for this defense.

wildhogman

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 10:31:12 pm
No problem, one thing I left off, he raved on Santos, thinks he is one of the best in the country.  Im hopeful for this defense.
as I said in my pervious post. I think our secondary will be good to great.  We have good rush ends. But I worry if we pressure to much we get burned like years past by running QB's.  Perhaps this new conditioning will have our LB's more prepared to counter that threat.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: snoblind on March 04, 2018, 10:18:08 pm
Why would I base his success on what the former coach did?  Pretty clear that TCTWF's success was as a caretaker for a program Alvarez was still running.  Been following Morris since his Lake Travis days.

I think Morris will do much better than that and we won't be looking for a coach in 4-5 years.  But if we do, at least we won't be paying him 15M like the former dumba$$ AD set up for BB.

You do understand that the BOT signed off on it? Well, maybe not...

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 10:42:05 pm
as I said in my pervious post. I think our secondary will be good to great.  We have good rush ends. But I worry if we pressure to much we get burned like years past by running QB's.  Perhaps this new conditioning will have our LB's more prepared to counter that threat.
Curl is gonna be a great one. Our secondary should be above average.

wildhogman

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 10:42:14 pm
You do understand that the BOT signed off on it? Well, maybe not...
OMGGGGGGGGG, GIVE IT A RESSSSSSSST. Discuss spring practice or find or even start a thread. Hell I'll help you. Look for a thread near you titled sour lemons. All you boys can go there and p*** and moan for then next 10,000 years.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 10:44:05 pm
OMGGGGGGGGG, GIVE IT A RESSSSSSSST. Discuss spring practice or find or even start a thread. Hell I'll help you. Look for a thread near you titled sour lemons. All you boys can go there and p*** and moan for then next 10,000 years.
look above your last thread^^^^

HogFoo

Quote from: presidenthog on March 03, 2018, 10:56:52 pm
We had one of the worst S&C programs and everyone here kept saying it. We all complained that guys got slower as they stayed here. It was true. This staff was taking major swipes at the last staff, and for good reason.
Its true.  I thought we were supposed to have one of the best S&C programs.  But in retrospect, they just weren't.  which, with all the ankle injuries we had, makes one wonder if it was due to that as well.  Our guys were not the bulldozers that we needed.  they weren't stronger. they weren't quicker.  They basically just fattened them up and made them slower.  I bought into the hype vids theyd put out where theyd have the squat rack on the field.  but now, it seems silly when it doesn't seem like we ever came close to what any of the hype was. 

Yeah, we arent where CM wants us, but, we will be.  I like how CM promotes us, and says how we need to not only get recruits but develop them once they get here.  That too didnt seem to happen under bert.  Does any player really stick out that seemed like they got better than they were?  Alex collins had weight put on him and got slower, he got to the NFL they dropped his weight and he looked like the #1 RB coming out of HS while doing it in the NFL.   I used to be a Bielema guy, but now, glad we got rid of him.   i think most will agree soon enough. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 04, 2018, 02:06:22 pm
So I guess I have missed it, who is attacking Morris as the new HC and defending Bielema? I see a lot of folks in "wait and see" mode, but that probably has more to do with disappointment in what Bielema produced than anything else. I see folks who believe that Morris has the pedigree (Clemson OC) to produce a creative and high flying offense at Arkansas. I also see folks who rightfully say that he hasn't been a HC at a P-5 program and despite his success as an OC at Tulsa and Clemson, they are withholding any judgement. I can understand that since no one knows for certain how this will turn out. Could be another Petrino in terms of success or he may not be.

But I haven't seen anyone say that this is a bad hire because they are taking up for Bielema.

Be careful. You arent fitting the narrative of the Morris lovers.

Youre either 200% in on Chad Morris and are writing his name on your own underwear, Full Tilt Boogie tattoos, changing the name of your church to First Assembly of Morris, etc

OR

Youre a Bielema lover. Thats it. Only 2 options bud. Figure it out.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 09:43:30 pm
As far as nutrition goes it doesn't take a year to fix. That can handled over the summer. When I went into the Army it took about 8 weeks for me to gain 20 pounds of muscle and increased my endurance and speed.

yeah...it took the entire CBB era to tear them down- but only one year to build it back.

#5yearplan