Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This TEAM got better...

Started by Monsterhog, September 24, 2017, 07:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsterhog

This team got better against TXAM.   Yes,  we are 1 - 2 right now but improvement will lead to wins. Let's fact it.  This HOG team was not expected to win the SEC this year.  TCU is much better than anyone thought.  Tx AM not a bad team either.  It's early and it is very probabe in my opinion we can finish 8-4.  We past a milestone yesterday and scored 21 points in the 2nd half against a Power 5 team.  Maybe not a milestone but a team that needs to correct some flaws this was one that haunted us late last year and against a very good TCU team this year.

Wins:  New Mexico, South Carolina ( we match up well  ),  Auburn ( playing at home  ), Ole Miss ( very beatable) Coastal Carolina, LSU ( they don't show my anything we can't match or beat ) Missouri..

Losses:  Alabama and Miss State.   Then again Miss state at home could prove a win. 

History shows us the Arkansas Razorbacks play better as the season progresses.   I am still on board.

Al Boarland

Agreed. They learned a lot in the loss. I bet they have a new demeanor this week.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Monsterhog on September 24, 2017, 07:49:53 am
This team got better against TXAM.   Yes,  we are 1 - 2 right now but improvement will lead to wins. Let's fact it.  This HOG team was not expected to win the SEC this year.  TCU is much better than anyone thought.  Tx AM not a bad team either.  It's early and it is very probabe in my opinion we can finish 8-4.  We past a milestone yesterday and scored 21 points in the 2nd half against a Power 5 team.  Maybe not a milestone but a team that needs to correct some flaws this was one that haunted us late last year and against a very good TCU team this year.

Wins:  New Mexico, South Carolina ( we match up well  ),  Auburn ( playing at home  ), Ole Miss ( very beatable) Coastal Carolina, LSU ( they don't show my anything we can't match or beat ) Missouri..

Losses:  Alabama and Miss State.   Then again Miss state at home could prove a win. 

History shows us the Arkansas Razorbacks play better as the season progresses.   I am still on board.

I think you are delusional.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Dirty

Hogwash!  Allen spent more time on his back than a Thai girl in Pattaya Beach, Thailand

Poop Hoggy Hogg

I so hope that they don't overlook New Mexico State. Talk about a classic trap game

WilsonHog

You miss a key component. Yes, there were some phases of the game in which we showed improvement from TCU. Is that improvement sustainable?

If we have a hallmark under Bielema, it is inconsistency. Play great this week, play horrible next week. Started last season slowly, won a couple, got humiliated by Auburn, humiliated Florida, lost Missouri and Virginia Tech after building substantial leads. Our defense played awesome football against TCU and got torched by A&M.

What we think is fixed, isn't. What we think is broken, isn't.

Razorback de Nosferatu

This could be realistic.

But A&M was winnable and, yet again, a loss.

And at some point I'd like to see the Hogs come out of the gate playing good football--and keep it that way for a season.

jgphillips3

We played one of the worst, if not indeed the worst, teams in the conference.  Temper any "we got better" thoughts for a few weeks.  Two bad teams did their best to give each other the game and one finally took it.  We have a decent chance to win the next two, after that, there are at least four losses.  If we don't beat South Carolina, the wheels are going to kill someone in the stand at the speed they'll come flying off.

BigE_23

I appreciate your optimism, but the fact is we just lost to a team in turmoil...and still can't win close games under Bert.

PharmacistHog

Auburn will embarrass us.

Again.

But this time at home.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

The NewEra

I waited eight months to watch Arkansas Football again.  I get the dissatisfaction with the coach, but he'll be here for a while longer and since that's the situation I'm going to support these players every week, looking for improvement, winning games and hoping to see something that shows we've finally turned the corner.  I get to watch, hopefully enjoy, 9-10 more games this year and then I'll be back to off season anticipation of what's to come.

I understand the discontent, but for now, these young Razorbacks have my support.

Hoggish1

Monsterhog gets we still have nine games left and he's not willing to leap off the ledge. He knows self immolation will only bring a burn spot on the pavement.

johnny cash

Nice Post Bret.

jimmur74

Garbage whatever. They Lost. Are you high? Did we watch the same game? Auburn will beatbour BRAINS in. Laughable

hogcard1964

We're getting worse game by game and season by season.

Some of you people need to watch more football beyond the state.

This is a joke.

moses_007

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on September 24, 2017, 08:30:18 am

...at some point I'd like to see the Hogs come out of the gate playing good football--and keep it that way for a season.
Wouldn't that be wonderful?  As old as I am, I will probably never live to see it happen.

Pig Worshipper

Is the glass half full or is it half empty?
I guess it depends on what you're drinkin'.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 24, 2017, 08:51:36 am
Is the glass half full or is it half empty?
I guess it depends on what you're drinkin'.

Neither, it's empty.

Hogman2

Better than what? Special teams?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hogman2 on September 24, 2017, 08:53:30 am
Better than what? Special teams?

The special team coaching was a joke also.  The pooch kick in the 4th quarter was INSANE!

RedyorNot

I'm still on board as well. It's reasonable to expect a learning curve between AA and new receivers as well as the shift to the 3-4. It's a work in progress and I expect we will see improvement each week...at least I hope so. Thankfully, they found a red zone package that's effective with the Steamboat.

What bothers me the most is our Special Teams play. We had players all around Kirk when he took it to the house and we showed poor effort getting off our blocks or were taking bad angles. The pooch kick was such a poor decision it's almost in it's own zip code. Clean up that phase and we're having a conversation on best chicken and waffle recipe's.

Redhogs

Quote from: RedyorNot on September 24, 2017, 08:58:54 am
I'm still on board as well. It's reasonable to expect a learning curve between AA and new receivers as well as the shift to the 3-4. It's a work in progress and I expect we will see improvement each week...at least I hope so. Thankfully, they found a red zone package that's effective with the Steamboat.

What bothers me the most is our Special Teams play. We had players all around Kirk when he took it to the house and we showed poor effort getting off our blocks or were taking bad angles. The pooch kick was such a poor decision it's almost in it's own zip code. Clean up that phase and we're having a conversation on best chicken and waffle recipe's.
Good grief....clueless, clean it up?  Special teams have been awful for 5 freaking years.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

KennyForAD

YES.  Big improvement.  Glad someone else saw it.  Thx for posting it - and for knowing what you're talking about, though I think 8 wins is a bit of a stretch.  This team today can't do that.  You just can't win with our line.  But with a little more improvement, we could win some conference games.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LZH

Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to that opinion.  A&M took their freshmen and put, eventually , 50 points on our defense. And our defense is our better side of the ball at this time.  Shouldn't be, but is.  We did finally show up in the fourth quarter with Allen letting the ball rip and yet another WR who our staff felt not ready yet, catching those TDs.  BB doesn't know who he has on the team, where they should play or if they should play, doesn't know anything about special teams, cannot manage the team, cannot manage the assistants, and cannot call the game and this is time after time over 4+ years.  Gundy got his rear handed to him yesterday by Patterson and therefore his team lost the game at home against a lessor team.  We face this nearly every week.  At least Gundy was man enough to say as much.  Gundy said, we didn't play disciplined, nor smart and we got outcoached.  TCU had better plans and executed their plans better.  Now that was the truth.  Bielema said of his poor coaching job, which resulted in the loss, very disappointed, the Guys are crushed.  BUT obviously 3 games into a season where we've got a lot of football in front of us.  If THEY, (notice he never takes ownership), can fight that way for 4 quarters the rest of the year THEY'RE going to be alright. 

Pecos Hog

Did you watch a different game or something?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 24, 2017, 08:29:49 am
You miss a key component. Yes, there were some phases of the game in which we showed improvement from TCU. Is that improvement sustainable?

If we have a hallmark under Bielema, it is inconsistency. Play great this week, play horrible next week. Started last season slowly, won a couple, got humiliated by Auburn, humiliated Florida, lost Missouri and Virginia Tech after building substantial leads. Our defense played awesome football against TCU and got torched by A&M.

I'm sure you recall that inconsistency was also a hallmark of Nutt. His teams could look top 5 one week and lose to a team with a losing record the next. O would play well one game and D would not. Then vice versa the next game. Bielema teams very similar in that respect.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogcard1964

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2017, 09:15:32 am
Coach Bubba is done......

Now's the time, but I think we'll see another BS impromptu presser from Long this week about "graduation rates" and more unrelated to football nonsense.

Hogwild

QuoteThis team got better against TXAM.   Yes,  we are 1 - 2 right now but improvement will lead to wins. Let's fact it.

We gave up over 500 yards and 50 points to a bad team with a 3rd string QB starting.

Kevin

we have good young pieces on defense.
just not enough.
agim
kurl
tj smith
capps
Guidry
scoota
greenlaw

just need more
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

KennyForAD

Quote from: 12247 on September 24, 2017, 09:38:04 am
Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to that opinion.  A&M took their freshmen and put, eventually , 50 points on our defense. And our defense is our better side of the ball at this time.  Shouldn't be, but is.  We did finally show up in the fourth quarter with Allen letting the ball rip and yet another WR who our staff felt not ready yet, catching those TDs.  BB doesn't know who he has on the team, where they should play or if they should play, doesn't know anything about special teams, cannot manage the team, cannot manage the assistants, and cannot call the game and this is time after time over 4+ years.  Gundy got his rear handed to him yesterday by Patterson and therefore his team lost the game at home against a lessor team.  We face this nearly every week.  At least Gundy was man enough to say as much.  Gundy said, we didn't play disciplined, nor smart and we got outcoached.  TCU had better plans and executed their plans better.  Now that was the truth.  Bielema said of his poor coaching job, which resulted in the loss, very disappointed, the Guys are crushed.  BUT obviously 3 games into a season where we've got a lot of football in front of us.  If THEY, (notice he never takes ownership), can fight that way for 4 quarters the rest of the year THEY'RE going to be alright. 

Well, this team IS horrible.  But if you recognized just how bad we were in game one, and game two, you'd understand that he's right.  We improved.  I was sure our line would give up 15 sacks.  We only gave up 8. 

code red

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 24, 2017, 07:52:29 am
I think you are delusional.
ditto the defensive line and offensive line are pitafull.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Kevin on September 24, 2017, 09:52:19 am
just not enough.
agim
kurl
tj smith
capps
Guidry
scoota
greenlaw

just need more
We never do and never have. Always need more, and that just to get to 4-4 in SEC. Bert averaging less than 3 SEC wins a year for his 4 full seasons.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

code red

Quote from: Kevin on September 24, 2017, 09:52:19 am
just not enough.
agim
kurl
tj smith
capps
Guidry
scoota
greenlaw

just need more
Agim maybe the rest I disagree. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogpc

We got beat by a bad aTm team starting a ton of freshman - a true freshman QB torched us!  We did not get better. After watching the press conference it's easy to see that BB is on the verge of having a nervous breakdown, he may not make thru the end of the year.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 24, 2017, 08:29:49 am

agreed, and i'm borrowing and bolding your comment to reinforce and restate my notion that cbb is lazy. this kind of inconsistency is corroborative proof of it. a lazy person can get off his asss at times and produce, only to hit the recliner after some decent results.

he's hot and cold, and that's the best we're going to get from him.
The rest of the frog.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: RedyorNot on September 24, 2017, 08:58:54 am

"a true freshman throwing it to another true freshman". brock huard.
The rest of the frog.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Hogwild on September 24, 2017, 09:47:09 am
We gave up over 500 yards and 50 points to a bad team with a 3rd string QB starting.

Who STRUGGLED against Nichols st
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

buldozer

Another moral victory thread...... WPS

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 08:49:37 am
We're getting worse game by game and season by season.

Some of you people need to watch more football beyond the state.

This is a joke.

Nope.  Wrong.  Try again.

Porkys Revenge

My ears still hurt from that doink of a fg Hedlund attempted. Our program is a complete cluster f.
The inability for some of you to see that makes me wonder if y'all have ever been outside the county in which you were born. Ignorance is bliss.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 24, 2017, 09:47:09 am

It was the #2 QB that started for A&M. Hubenak is the 3rd team QB.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: 12247 on September 24, 2017, 09:38:04 am

Whether you're man enough to admit it or not, TCU is for real and the Hogs played better against them than Gundy's boys did.

GuvHog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 24, 2017, 11:40:36 am
Look man, if they didn't put to use what they learned from the collapse at the end of last year, they're not going to learn much from the loss yesterday. They're just going to collapse more. It's mental, and when you have a coach that plays to not lose paired with that mentality, you get the results you're seeing

Yesterday's game Mystifies me. It's lake someone threw a switch. Against TCU, the Defense played well but the offense didn't show up. Yesterday against A&M, the exact opposite happened. The offense played well but the defense didn't show up.

DeltaBoy

Better at Losing games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

VirginiaHog

+1

JackTNHogfan

The team got better vs Aggies and we probably play better as whole the rest of the year.  The problem is our schedule will get harder.  We win 4 games at most.  Thanks Bert. 

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 24, 2017, 01:16:20 pm
Yesterday's game Mystifies me. It's lake someone threw a switch. Against TCU, the Defense played well but the offense didn't show up. Yesterday against A&M, the exact opposite happened. The offense played well but the defense didn't show up.

It's called a bye week.  By the way, the outcome was still the same...

Sed76

We seriously might not score a single point when we play teams with a decent defense.