Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uniforms

Started by KennyForAD, September 23, 2017, 08:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

If we would just burn our horrible looking "tusk jerseys" and go to the gorgeous unis worn today, we'd leap ten spots in recruiting.  Gotta ditch our weird unis.  Gotta put HOGS back on the front of helmet - like it was today.  Gotta start looking the part.  We could wear the 64 throwbacks we wore against Bama in 2014- best look we ever had, or today's.  We looked AWESOME.  Why wear the goofy ones?

Dr. Starcs

The jerseys were the best thing about the game.

DeltaBoy

Burn 🔥them!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Youngsta71701

Those uni's were nice they had on today.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Qbackinman

Uniforms were okay -- much better than that grey laundry -- but they look like Ohio State. Lose the silver helmets and go back to the Razorback red helmets and I'm fine with the rest. An aside, anyone notice 'Bama doesn't wear gimmick uniforms ever in order to recruit?

orvillesghost

only bush league programs constantly jack around with the uniforms

you don't see Alabama, USC, Ohio State, doing things like that

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 23, 2017, 09:48:41 pm

So 117 programs are bush league right? Actually it's more uncommon for them to never change.

HardCore

I agree.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

BigE_23

I'd say we're pretty damn bush league, wouldn't you?? Can't even beat a reeling aTm team...

Youngsta71701

Was Oregon bush league when they were changing uniforms while winning a LOT of football games? Uniforms have nothing to do with how a team plays Uniforms are about bringing attention to your program and recruiting.

HoggieStyle

Somebody needs to google "Ohio State alternate uniform"...

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 09:59:55 pm
Was Oregon bush league when they were changing uniforms while winning a LOT of football games? Uniforms have nothing to do with how a team plays Uniforms are about bringing attention to your program and recruiting.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hobhog

Maybe everyone thought Ohio state lost instead......

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 09:08:50 pm

You must support Oh10 $tate because that's what it looked like

code red

Well, the good news is. If we keep wearing those uniforms it will definitely negatively affect Ohio State's recruiting efforts
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

KennyForAD

Quote from: Qbackinman on September 23, 2017, 09:39:53 pm
Uniforms were okay -- much better than that grey laundry -- but they look like Ohio State. Lose the silver helmets and go back to the Razorback red helmets and I'm fine with the rest. An aside, anyone notice 'Bama doesn't wear gimmick uniforms ever in order to recruit?

Not saying you have to.  I'm saying our usual uni's are so jacked up, it hurts recruiting.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Captain Morgan on September 23, 2017, 11:00:22 pm
You must support Oh10 $tate because that's what it looked like
Nope, I'm a Cowboy fan. They were Cowboy themed uniforms in Razorback colors.

HardCore

Bielema > Long > Nike.

I really don't like Nike.

And I distain the fact that Long contracted us with apparel company who is the largest booster of our primary (or at least top 2-3) Track & Field Rival
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Torqued pork

DoctorSusscrofa

Hate those Cowboy photoshop uniforms. We were too embarrassed to wear our own unis. Had to photoshop pro unis. Hate them.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 24, 2017, 05:36:12 am
Hate those Cowboy photoshop uniforms. We were too embarrassed to wear our own unis.Had to photoshop pro unis. Hate them.
HAHA. Fake news.

Man, will we dig for any false narrative in our disappointment, or what?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Rzback

I liked them. Only change I would make is a red hog on the helmet.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Hawghiggs

We should just switch to those uni's.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 24, 2017, 12:39:53 am
Nope, I'm a Cowboy fan. They were Cowboy themed uniforms in Razorback colors.

Cowboys have thugs like Oh10  $tate including one from Oh10 $tate, I'll pass wearing any B1G team looking stuff. The unis were disgusting and disrespectful to every alumni that's not Jerry Jones or a cowboys fan

TDHawgs

I like them, just didn't like the way we played.. doesn't matter which uniform we put on, still played A&M the same as the last 5 years..  :puke:

HoggieStyle

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Qbackinman on September 23, 2017, 09:39:53 pm

Any other differences with Alabama that might be a factor?

longpig

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 09:08:50 pm

Ohio State wants their uni's back, but not the crappy play.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

and they caused AA to play like Romo.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Porkette

September 24, 2017, 01:43:32 pm #30 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:04:33 pm by Porkette
Tried to be positive about the "Cowboys" ones when I saw the close-up photos, but I really disliked them during the game. They looked nothing like the Razorbacks out there.
GO HOGS GO!

KennyForAD

Quote from: Porkette on September 24, 2017, 01:43:32 pm
Tried to be positive about the "Cowboys" ones when I saw the close-up photos, but I really disliked them during the game. They looked nothing like the Razorbacks out there.

Wear our red helmets and it would be fine

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Captain Morgan on September 24, 2017, 08:30:50 am
Cowboys have thugs like Oh10  $tate including one from Oh10 $tate, I'll pass wearing any B1G team looking stuff. The unis were disgusting and disrespectful to every alumni that's not Jerry Jones or a cowboys fan

Fake news

Dr. Starcs

Hogvillage Idiot

We looked like a poor version of the 49ers.  Red and silver instead of red and gold.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Porkette

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 24, 2017, 02:53:07 pm
Wear our red helmets and it would be fine

I agree actually. I think helmets were the problem.
GO HOGS GO!

woodhog14

Ohio State wears several different uniforms a year.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: woodhog14 on September 24, 2017, 03:16:57 pm
Ohio State wears several different uniforms a year.

As does Oklahoma

Hogsnort

I liked the alternative 'Dallas' uniforms but the '06 unis are my all-time favorite. They looked really sharp.

010HogFan

Our normal uniforms are some of the worst we have ever had.