Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toomer's Corner on Fire

Started by jbcarol, September 25, 2016, 08:21:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/780117098274119680

QuoteJochen Wiest, 29, was arrested early on September 25 on a warrant charging him with desecration of a venerable object, Auburn police said.

The arrest was the result of an investigation by Auburn Police after a report of someone setting fire to the one of the oak trees at the intersection of College Street and Magnolia Avenue.

Wiest, who is not affiliated with the university, developed as a suspect and was immediately taken into custody while still in the area on an unrelated charge of public intoxication

Aaron Sanderson
‏@aaronmsanderson

@_sam_butler where's Harvey???

Harvey Updyke
‏@Harveyrolltide

Harvey Updyke Retweeted Aaron Sanderson

At ur moms house

https://twitter.com/Harveyrolltide/status/779923901321060353

jbcarol

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

jbcarol

LSUFan

Tickets to the game - $100

Parking - $200

Vienna Weenies and Soady Crackers - $3

400 Pack of Natty Light and a War Chicken sign - $12.14

Sacred Tree Set on fire by an Auburn Fan - priceless.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

Crazy actions by a drunk fan.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Information is finally coming to light about Jochen Wiest, the man accused of setting the fire to the W. Magnolia Ave. oak tree at Toomer's Corner in Auburn following Saturday's game between Auburn and LS

QuoteWiest was charged with first-degree criminal mischief, a felony, in addition to the prior misdemeanor charges of desecration of a venerable object and public intoxication.

Wiest, 29 is an employee of Baxter International, an Illinois-based health care company, and works at the company's plant in Opelika. He has been suspended.

Wiest is from Germany and his posts shared publicly were written in German.
Herron Taylor, the Auburn student who confronted Wiest as he tried to flee the scene, and her boyfriend said Wiest and the people who were with him at Toomer's Corner were all speaking German.

Wiest's Facebook profile indicated he is married and his wife listed that she lived in Germany.

Wiest resides in Auburn and according to police he is "not affiliated with Auburn University."

and apparently Louisiana State University

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/781192664674869248

QuoteLee County Sheriff Jay Jones told AL.com Wiest, 29, was released on $4,500 bond Tuesday. Records show an employee at Baxter International, the health care company that suspended Wiest from his job at its plant in Opelika, posted his bail.

Per conditions of his release, Wiest, a native of Haigerloch, Germany, had to surrender his passport to authorities and was also ordered not to leave the state.

Would have been a good time to celebrate Octoberfest -- in Munich.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/811696562195890176

QuoteJochen Wiest, the German man who set the tree fire at Toomer's Corner following Auburn's win over LSU earlier this fall, did not have his passport returned from local authorities during a bond hearing on Wednesday, though he has agreed to plead guilty to all charges.

Lee County District Court judge Steven Speakman, who served as an acting Circuit Court judge for Wednesday's hearing, denied Wiest's request because there is no way for the state of Alabama to ensure the 29-year-old would return from his native Germany for a pending plea hearing.

"I fear the possibility that (Wiest) returns to Germany and ... could stay in Germany and simply forfeit the money (for damages)," Speakman said. "I am very hesitant to return the passport under those circumstances. Given that we've got an application to plead guilty on information I do believe that it won't be too long before a plea hearing is set (in Circuit Court) - sometime in the month of January, I would expect.

'Therefore, given that we can't guarantee - rock solid guarantee - the return of (Wiest), I'm not going to return the passport at this time."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JamesCrepea/status/817501768229801984

QuoteJochen Wiest, the 29-year-old German man who set the tree fire at Toomer's Corner following Auburn's win over LSU, entered a guilty plea to felony first-degree criminal mischief in Lee County Circuit Court Thursday morning stemming from the Sept. 25 incident.

Lee County Circuit Court judge Jacoby Walker III sentenced Wiest to a three-year suspended sentence, which had been agreed to by his attorney and the Lee County district attorney's office, five years probation and ordered Wiest to pay $20,807 in restitution to Auburn University to replace the damaged tree on W. Magnolia Ave, as outlined by Auburn professor of horticulture Dr. Gary Keever, a $1,000 fine and court costs.

Auburn University interim director of public safety Chance Corbett asked the court for a trespassing ban for Wiest from the university, which was also entered.

"I'm sorry," Wiest said after admitting he lit the fire in court...

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/818816546608975873

QuoteAuburn commit Alaric Williams, a 4-star athlete from Ashville, Ala., decided to have some fun with Alabama's misery on Twitter early Tuesday morning, reminding Clemson fans to be wary of Alabama fans like Harvey Updyke

https://twitter.com/Alaric_8/status/818691601203609600

https://twitter.com/Harveyrolltide/status/818706296451067904

jbcarol