Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thurman and Mayberry

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 10, 2017, 08:59:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

How much influence have they had on this year's team, in terms of coaching?  Anyone have any insight to this?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

lefty08

Not much. Every time I see them they are just sitting there staring into space. They don't show any fire at all, kind of like the head coach
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

East TN HAWG

I think Thurman is making a large impact recruiting. 

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: lefty08 on March 10, 2017, 09:11:26 am
Not much. Every time I see them they are just sitting there staring into space. They don't show any fire at all, kind of like the head coach

My God, what is a life so miserable actually like?
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Dirty

I don't if your married but if you are, it's probably the same thing your wife says after you try to have sex.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: East TN HAWG on March 10, 2017, 09:14:15 am
I think Thurman is making a large impact recruiting.

Definitely this. And one would think that an assistant coach/former player with a NC ring is an invaluable asset in many unseen ways, to us at least, too.

lefty08

Quote from: Dirty on March 10, 2017, 09:27:03 am
I don't if your married but if you are, it's probably the same thing your wife says after you try to have sex.

It's "you're ", and it was sarcasm.......

My sex life is just fine, I can send pics if you'd like
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

The_Iceman

I think judging the way coaches sit on a bench during a game isn't any type of reflection on what type of coach they are. Especially assistant coaches. What do they do during practice and on the recruiting trail is the real question.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 10, 2017, 09:54:00 am
I think judging the way coaches sit on a bench during a game isn't any type of reflection on what type of coach they are. Especially assistant coaches. What do they do during practice and on the recruiting trail is the real question.

This!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Sow Lancelot

You do understand that there is more to coac....... Oh, wait.

Just saw the sarcasm comment. Went right over.

Which I suppose is sad since it points out that most of us who are extremely sarcastic can't even recognize it in this place anymore, thanks to so many trying to take the MOTHO moniker away from Nutt.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

King Kong

Dusty gave Mayberry big props in his improvement from TT to now

cityhog

All I know is the free throw line was an adventure, and Mayberry and Thurman were money on the FT line. Can't help but feel like they helped out there.

Jackrabbit Hog

Mayberry is one of my all time favorite Hogs.  Vastly underappreciated when people talk about the greats we've had.  I have no idea how he is as a coach, but if the players just emulate his businesslike approach and cool demeanor on the court, that would be great.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

Quote from: lefty08 on March 10, 2017, 09:49:07 am

My PM box is always open.

Porked Tongue

Both positive impact.

Mayberry's influence on the guards has been great.  More of a mindset than anything else.  Very calm but aggressive.  We'll miss him when he leaves after this season ends.

Razorod

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 10, 2017, 12:42:11 pm
Both positive impact.

Mayberry's influence on the guards has been great.  More of a mindset than anything else.  Very calm but aggressive.  We'll miss him when he leaves after this season ends.
Still feel confident about the coaching changes after this season?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dirty

Please send pics of you're life before you loose them!

FineAsSwine

Both positive impact.

Where's he going?

lefty08

Quote from: Dirty on March 10, 2017, 02:25:08 pm
Please send pics of you're life before you loose them!
It's your, and ok

Dirty

Quote from: lefty08 on March 10, 2017, 03:59:57 pm
It's your, and ok

It's also lose them but I guess you ain't dat 🤓

lefty08

Quote from: Dirty on March 10, 2017, 04:02:43 pm
It's also lose them but I guess you ain't dat 🤓

You're tiring

Arazorbackguy1

Are you and Favre good friends?

Arazorbackguy1

Both positive impact.

Thanks.  Sad to hear he's leaving.

SPAL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2017, 10:53:54 am
Mayberry is one of my all time favorite Hogs.  Vastly underappreciated when people talk about the greats we've had.  I have no idea how he is as a coach, but if the players just emulate his businesslike approach and cool demeanor on the court, that would be great.

You don't see an all time starting 5 that doesn't include Mayberry.....I'm not sure how he is under appreciated or over looked. He is one of the greats of all time. A def fan favorite.

gmarv

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 11, 2017, 08:07:30 am
You don't see an all time starting 5 that doesn't include Mayberry.....I'm not sure how he is under appreciated or over looked. He is one of the greats of all time. A def fan favorite.
Can,t speak for the rest of you but he is definitely one of my all time favorites.

davril98

Both positive impact.

Yes, where's he going?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JimDandy on March 10, 2017, 09:27:45 am
Definitely this. And one would think that an assistant coach/former player with a NC ring is an invaluable asset in many unseen ways, to us at least, too.

Recruiting is exactly what we need from a Assistant Coach.  thank you Scotty.

Soooie21

Only need 1 chief at a time...