Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offer Order

Started by Hogindasticks, May 18, 2018, 01:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

I dont know if it is just me or what.....i have been watching alot of the offers being offered for these guys.  It seems like a ton of the SEC schools are playing follow the leader on recruiting.  I am seeing Coach Morris's staff coming up within the first or second offers for all these new guys and the other SEC schools all offer shortly after.  From that perspective...i think our coaches are completely outworking most of the rest of the SEC schools as a whole.  Is this what you guys are seeing as well?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Hogindasticks on May 18, 2018, 01:54:21 pm
I dont know if it is just me or what.....i have been watching alot of the offers being offered for these guys.  It seems like a ton of the SEC schools are playing follow the leader on recruiting.  I am seeing Coach Morris's staff coming up within the first or second offers for all these new guys and the other SEC schools all offer shortly after.  From that perspective...i think our coaches are completely outworking most of the rest of the SEC schools as a whole.  Is this what you guys are seeing as well?
Ive noticed that as well, i think that is because of CCMs high school background. He had to be able to evaluate kids at a young age, he knows what to look for

HogginUp

Quote from: Hogindasticks on May 18, 2018, 01:54:21 pm
Agreed. A kid we offered a couple of weeks ago, picked up 12 offers the week following ours.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogginUp on May 18, 2018, 02:26:30 pm
Agreed. A kid we offered a couple of weeks ago, picked up 12 offers the week following ours.
Well it's nice to have become the 'Bama of early offers and have the rest follow. ;) :D 8)

Hogindasticks

Kids remember that.....they know who recognize their talents first.

jgphillips3

We are going to be out in front a lot in the future and it will pay off from time to time.  This staff does their homework.

PigPusher

We are witnessing a turn around in more ways than we have seen for several years. Receiving respect from other schools is quite nice for a change. With our coaching staff just getting underway the future is going to be fun to experience. Come one Sept 1.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

presidenthog

Hate to burst the morris love fest in here, but the last staff routinely would offer a kid first, and then other sec schools would immediately follow suite.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: presidenthog on May 19, 2018, 05:13:42 am
Hate to burst the morris love fest in here, but the last staff routinely would offer a kid first, and then other sec schools would immediately follow suite.
Last Staff couldn't finish....on the field or off the field.  No surprise that it was the same with recruiting.  No reason to make the people think about sour notes.  CCM is bringing quality athletes to Arkansas.  I am sorry your boy couldn't do as well....but that is over now.  Time to quit wallowing in your pity party and go about your business.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Hogindasticks on May 19, 2018, 05:21:18 am
Last Staff couldn't finish....on the field or off the field.  No surprise that it was the same with recruiting.  No reason to make the people think about sour notes.  CCM is bringing quality athletes to Arkansas.  I am sorry your boy couldn't do as well....but that is over now.  Time to quit wallowing in your pity party and go about your business.

I believe all the commits for this class are 3 stars, right?  Where are these quality athletes of which you speak.  Arkansas has always gotten their share of 3 stars.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on May 19, 2018, 08:00:38 am
I believe all the commits for this class are 3 stars, right?  Where are these quality athletes of which you speak.  Arkansas has always gotten their share of 3 stars.

Have you watched KJs film? How about Chavis? Watch them and try telling everyone they are not quality athletes. And Arkansas is in the running for SEVERAL 4 star players. Far more then in previous years, heck we are in the running for 7-8 4* WRs alone. 

And i will guarantee that KJ becomes a 4 star before his senior year is over, if he stays injury free.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on May 19, 2018, 08:14:38 am
Have you watched KJs film? How about Chavis? Watch them and try telling everyone they are not quality athletes. And Arkansas is in the running for SEVERAL 4 star players. Far more then in previous years, heck we are in the running for 7-8 4* WRs alone. 

And i will guarantee that KJ becomes a 4 star before his senior year is over, if he stays injury free.
I will agree there seems to be an uptick in the visitors and interest so far, but Morris and company have yet to put many points on the board yet.

Top to bottom the current roster has as much or more talent than any roster in my 30+ years of fandom. The prior staff gets credit for that, in an era where i believe in-state talent levels have been below par.

So feel good about possibility but they have yet to achieve much. Gerald and Mason might be foreshadowing, but they may not also.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 19, 2018, 01:18:03 pm
I will agree there seems to be an uptick in the visitors and interest so far, but Morris and company have yet to put many points on the board yet.

Top to bottom the current roster has as much or more talent than any roster in my 30+ years of fandom. The prior staff gets credit for that, in an era where i believe in-state talent levels have been below par.

So feel good about possibility but they have yet to achieve much. Gerald and Mason might be foreshadowing, but they may not also.
The visitors haven't committed to other schools either. This is CCM first full class as hogs HC, and i guarantee it will be better then any class CBB had here.     

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: presidenthog on May 19, 2018, 05:13:42 am
Beware of a well known investment "no-no" mistake called "recency bias": assuming that just because factors that have caused something to happen (or not) recently will necessary continue repeating itself. Would seem a very appropriate cautionary tale that could very well apply even here.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on May 19, 2018, 08:00:38 am
Golly, gee....this makes a whopping four commits thus far. And Jefferson from what I understand is on the cusp of, if not already over, the edge toward a fourth star. So before you judge too harshly and hastily let's first of all see who else he may sign AND the physical attributes such as speed, size, etc. that the commits possess. Only THEN will we have a much better INITIAL read on this upcoming class.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on May 19, 2018, 01:31:39 pm
The visitors haven't committed to other schools either. This is CCM first full class as hogs HC, and i guarantee it will be better then any class CBB had here.   
I hope you are right it could happen, but your guarantee is based solely on hope.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 19, 2018, 01:59:56 pm
I hope you are right it could happen, but your guarantee is based solely on hope.
Im basing it off of what ive seen so far. What CCM did in the very short time in the 2018 class was very impressive, and that has continued into the 2019 class. There are several highly rated players on both sides of the ball looking hard at Arkansas. With the great group of in state kids, plus the highly rated out of state kids interested could make this the best class in a very long time. I feel very confident that we will sign at least 3 4*star WRs, maybe 4 if they decide to sign 4. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign 8-10 4* players in total this year. 

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 19, 2018, 01:39:57 pm
Golly, gee....this makes a whopping four commits thus far. And Jefferson from what I understand is on the cusp of, if not already over, the edge toward a fourth star. So before you judge too harshly and hastily let's first of all see who else he may sign AND the physical attributes such as speed, size, etc. that the commits possess. Only THEN will we have a much better INITIAL read on this upcoming class.

Yes.  I am happy to wait and see.  I wish this coaching staff nothing but success.  That being said, if there is a top 20 recruiting class for 2019, I will be surprised. 

Hogindasticks

Crow is in the freezer