Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson's (Tigers) vs. The Stan Heath Era (Predictions???)

Started by ThaRockArkansas, November 28, 2006, 10:05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaRockArkansas

Arkansas 81
Missouri 84

Mike Anderson gets the edge in Columbia with Nolan cheering him on behind the bench.

ColumbianHog

Hogs 71, Mizzou 61

Mizzou hasn't played the same quality of opponents as the Hogs.  We'll beat them...again.

FootballHog

AstroHawg

Hogs easily win.  Cream rises to the top.  This is the year that alot of people in Arkansas get a new perspective of Heath.  GO HOGS!

Razor6

I thought Nolan would be the guest of honor on the bench with Anderson.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hipsher 80

Anderson 75

I'll never pick against the Hogs but I will pick against Heath.

As the teams are warming up prior to the game Heath looks over and sees Nolan behind the Mizzou bench.  Charles Thomas walks up to Heath to ask him a question but stops and then says "Coach what is that puddle on the floor".  Heath hangs his head and walks out.  He is later found in the corner in the locker room huddle in the fetal position with a blanky, sucking his thumb.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mbgrulz

Quote from: PigglerOnTheRoof on November 28, 2006, 10:24:33 pm
Hogs easily win.  Cream rises to the top.  This is the year that alot of people in Arkansas get a new perspective of Heath.  GO HOGS!
i'm hoping you are right. heath deserves to do well.

now that we can drain 3's and we have guards who will play hard for 40 minutes (as opposed to none last year) we are really looking like a TEAM and not a bunch on good looking athletes.

Bubba_Hog

Hogs 71
Tigers 65

And afterwards Dicky V gives props to Beverly on his 24 point 7 assist and 6 rebound game changing performance.
Hey buddy, why don't you go grab daddy a cold one outta the fridge!

BIGDADDYHOG

Arkansas 74
Missouri 61

Personally I don't think Nolan will be there he will probably stay home an watch it like the rest of us.

arkrazfan

Nolan might be there. He used to come to Mike's games in the NCAA Tourney when he was at UAB.

Arkansas_no bowl

Nolan's boy - 77
Stan's boys - 72

we blow a 7 point lead with 3 mins left  --  lose to the scrappy, 40 mins of hold on to your seat excitement team from Columbia.

Hate to see it actually happen that way, but not predicting from the heart...
Arkansas No Bowl was for HDN, can't wait to see how the new staff fixes it.

Glenn_Quagmire

One of the assistans coaches for Mizzou is my old high school coach.

Dugann

don't know if we can keep up with the run and gun and u know he is going be motivated to beat us.....I so wish he was the one hired to be our coach think he deserved it but frankie poooh wanted well any way.... I want the hogs to win but if mizz dose win I will have a smirk on my face for mike anderson for spite of frankie and the way he was looked over.  Go hogs.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

RealHogFan

Quote from: Dugann on November 29, 2006, 06:29:02 am
don't know if we can keep up with the run and gun and u know he is going be motivated to beat us.....I so wish he was the one hired to be our coach think he deserved it but frankie poooh wanted well any way.... I want the hogs to win but if mizz dose win I will have a smirk on my face for mike anderson for spite of frankie and the way he was looked over.  Go hogs.

Boo to the negative Stan-Haters. 

We will beat them at their own game.  With Weems, Irvin, Beverly, Thomas, and co. we are far more athletic than the guys Anderson has there - guys that are not his, trying to play his style. 

We will win easily.

MJ2

The man that should have gotten the job 62
The man that did get the job 53

OKhogfan1959

At Missouri is a tough place to win with Mike Anderson and his defenses..I would bet that we play very well and very hard...if it was at the Bud we would win this game...I think  Missouri 88 and Hogs 84..hope I am wrong!

GutHOG

Come on August!!!!!

jamie72921

The higher the score, the less likely the hogs win.

Controlling tempo will be the key. I like our guards we have but we are not deep at the point and 2 guards yet. This could hurt us late in an up tempo game.

We need to keep the score in the 60's.
Bless your heart

tbhogfan

This will be the only time I root against Mike all year.

Hogs 68
Tigers 58
Go Hogs!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Dugann on November 29, 2006, 06:29:02 am

gsy

No way he was going to get the job the way Nolan went out. We needed a breath of fresh air and we got that with Coach Stan Heath.

and GO HOGS

OzarkHighs

An old hog fanatic

Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Beaverfever

I'm pretty sure I heard nolan was planning on attending.  Tomorrow night might be kind of rough to drive in though.

yocdaddy

I'm sorry, but reading some of this nonsense makes me a little sick to my stomach :puke:  Some of you predict Missouri to score in the 80's against us.  Have you watched our defense play?  Maybe if Anderson had his type of players in there, but I just don't see it as a possibility.  

Hogs 72
Mizzou 60
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

TRUHOG718

Realisticaly we should win this game. Anyone who thinks we should not has made no valid points as of yet. Besides being at home this Missouri team has no advantage against us. And since when has Missouri been a tough place to win when their fans rarely show up even for big games. It seems there may be a little under the table Heath bashing going on rather than cold hard facts. I could list all of the valid reasons why we should win but anyone who knows B ball should already know why.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

spudhog

hogs 67
tigers 60
hill goes off for 8 points and our defense and late game shooting prevail

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

GWINGATE

ARKANSAS should win but it will be close,I hope Heath has the team in running shape cause MIZZO is going to run for  40 minutes

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

GWINGATE

spudhog

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on November 29, 2006, 10:37:33 am
I want 40 minutes of hell back at Arkansas.
all of the rule changes, it is hard to run anymore. need a mixture of running and half court stuff.

hog caller

how do we match up with Mizzoo. what are our chances ? ifeel good about them.

passionpig

They beat Stephen F Austin by 29, but as a comparison game to us, I don't think you can use it. Our competition has been much tougher. But the home court advantage and the first real hostile environment for our new Hogs should make it tough. Beverly shows he is a Freshman and has a bad game.....
                                                     Mizzou - 81
                                                     Hogs    - 75

hogfankb

I'm predicting hill has 10+ points this game if he gets the minutes. If we break the press with Ervin dishing him the ball behind the press he should get plent of dunks. Not to mention put backs on rebounds.

As for the game i say hog win by 2. All comes down to whether Ervin and boys can handle the press. If they can, Missou will have trouble scoring and it could get ugly. if they can't or ervin gets in foul trouble we could be in for a long night.

demonHOG1013

I hope we dont the other end of the 40 minutes of hell we used to put on everybody back in the 90's.  Man those boys were fun to watch!!  I think hogs edge it out in a close one.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hog caller on November 29, 2006, 10:47:18 am
how do we match up with Mizzoo. what are our chances ? ifeel good about them.
We match up pretty good. Were bigger, stronger, quicker, taller than they are. They will press us and try to create points off turnovers but they do not have the bench yet to excel in the style their coach wants to run. We will be favored to win this game.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

WILL CLINTON

Mizzou - 92
forcing Big 10 ball in the SEC - 79

This isn't even going to be close.  Mike Anderson will put it on us like JJ did with Miami in LR.  He and everyone else knows he should have been given a chance, now is his time to prove why.  They run out us out of the gym, take Hill completely out of the game because he can't get up and down the court, and their guards will play defense like they got cancer and our players got the cure.  It MIGHT be close at halftime, but by halfway through the 2nd half, EVERYONE in the country will know that we made the wrong hire. 

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Razor8

I think were coming together but no way they score 92 on us (apparently you havent watched us play this year). I agreee that Mike should have been given a chance - i would have loved to see that - keep our style of b-ball just change the coach. But I give Stan credit he has imroved each year and i think we have some very good talent on this team.

Ark 74
Mizz 67
Razorbacks

Razorback88

Quote from: dubyacee on November 29, 2006, 11:09:17 am
Mizzou - 92

This isn't even going to be close.  Mike Anderson will put it on us like JJ did with Miami in LR.  He and everyone else knows he should have been given a chance, now is his time to prove why.  They run out us out of the gym, take Hill completely out of the game because he can't get up and down the court, and their guards will play defense like they got cancer and our players got the cure.  It MIGHT be close at halftime, but by halfway through the 2nd half, EVERYONE in the country will know that we made the wrong hire. 

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!

Good attitude.  Have you seen our team defense this year?

HOGS 71
Mizzou 62

HotRodHog

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Razorback88 on November 29, 2006, 11:48:23 am
Mizzou - 92

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!

HOGS 71
Mizzou 62

Yes, I have seen our team play offense and defense this year.  Don't you remember what we did to teams like this when Nolan was running the show in the 90's?? Neither of our big men are athletic enough to keep up with this kind of team for 40 minutes.  We will have to go to a smaller lineup, and that takes Heath out his comfortable Big 10 style of ball. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Razorback88

Quote from: dubyacee on November 29, 2006, 11:54:06 am
Quote from: Razorback88 on November 29, 2006, 11:48:23 am
Mizzou - 92

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!

HOGS 71
Mizzou 62

Yes, I have seen our team play offense and defense this year.  Don't you remember what we did to teams like this when Nolan was running the show in the 90's?? Neither of our big men are athletic enough to keep up with this kind of team for 40 minutes.  We will have to go to a smaller lineup, and that takes Heath out his comfortable Big 10 style of ball. 

I don't have any top-secret inside sources, so I won't guarantee a victory--even though I fully expect one-- but I can guarantee Mizzou will not score 92 points on our defense.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Razor6 on November 28, 2006, 10:57:36 pm
I thought Nolan would be the guest of honor on the bench with Anderson.

i don't believe that will happen. he'll likely be supporting him from behind the bench, tho.

nolan actually likes heath and has called to encourage him these last several years, which i think is very big of him.

before this season, i would say MA and company would run the hogs out of the gym. and, frankly, i wouldn't have minded that bc i think MA got really, really hosed and i had seen NOTHING from heath.

now i see a PG, shooters, team chemistry, hustle, offense with purpose, transition, rebounding aggression, subs that don't make me yell, better time management AND VERY GOOD DEFENSE.

i'm behind stan now that i see real progress, not just an extra win or two each year. he's had to learn lots along the way and i think the staff additions have helped loads.

i'm not sure who comes out on top here bc MA's nolan style is one helluva hard thing to handle (man, i miss that at UA) but heath will have his team ready to play, even on the road (another area of massive improvement). i don't think MA has a whole lot to work with this year, but we'll see.

should be real interesting.

flip a coin. mine came up heads.

Buck Ocean

We've been begging for a team that likes to play uptempo for the last 16 months.....finally we get someone who will do it....but I don't know if our guys are ready.

I agree with Dana...flip that coin....hope it comes up with Stan's head.

Wouldn't mind seein Nolan with some yellow boots on though.  That would be interesting.
Think like a Jedi

Dwight_K_Shrute

I wouldn't be suprised if this game is cancelled or delayed it's going to be hard to get a plane out of here tomorrow.  Think this bad weather is happening by chance?

Stan saying his prayers

"Dear Lord, you know I'm a good man, and an honest man.  I go to church every Sunday, I tithe, and I help old ladies cross the street.  I thought my Big 10 style of ball and milquetoast demeanor would go over well here.  I had all intentions of bringing a consistent 20-10 team to these fine folks, and I'm still trying.  But Lord don't make me face Mike Anderson.  I already live in the shadow of Nolan, but if Mike runs me out of the gym I will here about it forever, and I want to keep my job with mediocre expectations as long as possible.  I promise lord if you help me I'll do what I can to help more bald coaches.  Heck I made Norm from Cheers an assistant.  I'll do anything lord.  Just maybe some bad weather.  A freak snow storm, Anything.  Amen.  Wait God bless Frank, and Pookie, and Ronnie, God bless Houston for either being so good or so bad that people don't care about basketball these days.  And God Bless Kent State.  A-Men"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jameshogfan

I think Stan has been doing a great job. Steady improvement.

However, I'm still not thinking we are anything others should be scared of just yet.

But.... I felt this way about Football sometimes and look what happened.

Hopefully we can shock some people in BBall too. Go Hogs!