Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 6 THREAD: #3 Arkansas (4-1, 0-0 SEC) @ San Diego State (3-1, 0-0, MW)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 23, 2018, 10:02:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Martin moves to 2B on a wild pitch.

RHP Daniel Rictheson already up in the Aztec bullpen.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Fletcher runs the count full (he swung at a pitch which almost hit him), and he draws a 2 out walk to put runners on 1B and 2B.

Woodland Pork CO

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 08:35:08 pm
For those trying to listen on the Razorback Gameday app, I just got a notification on my phone that the audio issue has been fixed.

Thanks...working for me now.

WPS!

ucahogfan

Meeting on the mound for the Aztecs as action continues in the pen.

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 3rd                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 3   
SDSU             0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 1   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Chapman strokes the first pitch down the RF line for a leadoff triple.

Pudgepork

razrbakr1

To the great people that bring us this wonderful thread thank you.  Sometimes I get to read it live, most times I don't get to read it until later that night.  Those times I read it post by post and play the game in my mind.  I have never let you guys know how much I enjoy this thread and I don't mean to step on any posts but thank you very much.

ucahogfan

Maddhog

Quote from: razrbakr1 on February 24, 2018, 08:54:11 pm
To the great people that bring us this wonderful thread thank you.  Sometimes I get to read it live, most times I don't get to read it until later that night.  Those times I read it post by post and play the game in my mind.  I have never let you guys know how much I enjoy this thread and I don't mean to step on any posts but thank you very much.

What a nice post.   :)
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

ucahogfan

Pudgepork

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 08:54:40 pm
Maekawa down swinging on a nice slider.  Campbell's 3rd K.

Campbell offered big league stuff to that batter

ucahogfan

Hensley grounds to Biggers who airmails one.  Gates leaps and grabs it, but the runner beat the throw.  Chapman scores.  E6.

Score tied at 1.

Dr. Starcs

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 08:58:04 pm
Hensley grounds to Biggers who airmails one.  Gates leaps and grabs it, but the runner beat the throw.  Chapman scores.  E6.

Score tied at 1.

Love the make up of this team but we have to stop giving up runs on errors.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogwild04

This thread is great,  have a son playing and can never get  the TV thing right to watch, when you live in country hard to get the bells and whistles,  so the updates on here is my way to watch,  Thanks, 

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 08:59:26 pm
Ya'll think fielding is gonna be our weak spot this year?

Seems that way but it should improve as the season goes.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hollywood_HOGan45

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Ya'll think fielding is gonna be our weak spot this year?
This was an excellent defense last year.  Doubt that would have changed much.  Just early season rust.  If it continues, I'll start getting worried.

TexHog188

Poor fielding certainly negates good pitching. Got to improve in the field. Go Hogs!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ucahogfan

Nevarez hits one on the button, but right at Shaddy to end the inning.

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 4th                   1

Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 3   
SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PeabodyHawg

Ya’ll think fielding is gonna be our weak spot this year?
We'll work those issues out on the road early and be ready for the  meat of the season.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BroyledNutts

ucahogfan

Kjerstad crushes one, but is caught at the wall right at the RF line.  Marine layer part dos tonight.

Pudgepork

Any guesses on pitch count target for Campbell tonight?   Target was 50, I think, last weekend

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Gates makes weak contact (think it is the first time tonight for a Hog) and grounds out 3U.

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 4th                   1

Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 1  | 3   
SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

It almost feels hopeless to hit a HR during a night game at SDSU's field.  I don't think Gates could have hit the ball better on Wednesday night or tonight.  Kjerstad also crushed it.

TheyCallMeHogLuver

Ridiculous to build ballparks this big to begin with AND in a place where the ball won't carry.  You are taking a part of the game away.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 09:12:26 pm
It almost feels hopeless to hit a HR during a night game at SDSU's field.  I don't think Gates could have hit the ball better on Wednesday night or tonight.  Kjerstad also crushed it.
I feel we will get one or more

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: TheyCallMeHogLuver on February 24, 2018, 09:14:09 pm
Ridiculous to build ballparks this big to begin with AND in a place where the ball won't carry.  You are taking a part of the game away.
That is how they like to play baseball on the West Coast.

ucahogfan

Bible hits one high into the night, but it is a can of corn to Cole.  F9.

BroyledNutts

We're going to have to adjust our offensive approach and start swinging for hits ... ball just isn't going to carry out; that's 2 that should've left and didn't ... going to have to win with base hits ...

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: TheyCallMeHogLuver on February 24, 2018, 09:14:09 pm
Ridiculous to build ballparks this big to begin with AND in a place where the ball won’t carry.  You are taking a part of the game away.
Their prerogative.  Build a park to meet the climate and then recruit to meet the park.

ucahogfan

Mayeaux down swinging on a nice slider from Campbell.  Campbell's 4th K.

ucahogfan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 24, 2018, 09:17:51 pm
We're going to have to adjust our offensive approach and start swinging for hits ... ball just isn't going to carry out; that's 2 that should've left and didn't ... going to have to win with base hits ...
We are hitting the ball hard tonight, but just not finding holes.  Some of that has to do with hitting the ball in the air so much, but at some point, the odds will change.

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 5th                   1

Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 1  | 3   
SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   

THUNDER!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 09:19:04 pm
We are hitting the ball hard tonight, but just not finding holes.  Some of that has to do with hitting the ball in the air so much, but at some point, the odds will change.

Any chance you could speed that point along? I'm blowing through my Yeungling supply like mad with this west coast trip ...

ucahogfan

Koch runs the count full, and he swings through a fastball right down the pipe.  He isn't seeing the ball well right now.