Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why we love baseball

Started by Sho Nuff, February 06, 2018, 10:58:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Rockhawg on February 06, 2018, 11:58:56 am
I must add, i so much appreciate the Razorback Dance Team/ RBI Girl's and their support. Although, they do mess up my teaching moments for my Grandson's as they more often than not are watching the girl's instead of the game. Sometimes it is fun to watch the boy's and their reaction to the ladies, the boys are 9 and 10 and can be made red faced when i catch them in that certain trance,lol. The crowd at Baum can make an impact on the visiting team, i have seen those kids faces when we call the Hogs. Can't wait for the 16th!

Yes...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TexasDad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 10, 2018, 10:24:38 pm
It's the memory of me and my brother playing catch with my dad and my uncle and my grandfather in a field beside my grandfather's shotgun house in Cottonwood Corner in Northeast Arkansas back in 1967. Three generations just throwing a baseball to each other. Nothing else mattered in the whole wide world. What I would give to do that with them again.

After reading your post I pulled up a photo my son sent me back in 2015, just to reminisce. He drove a couple hours out of his way while heading back to his juco to visit his grandfather's grave - the photo has two gloves and a baseball laid next to the tombstone. It's certainly more than a game...

3of5-2

Quote from: TexasDad on February 12, 2018, 11:56:58 am
After reading your post I pulled up a photo my son sent me back in 2015, just to reminisce. He drove a couple hours out of his way while heading back to his juco to visit his grandfather's grave - the photo has two gloves and a baseball laid next to the tombstone. It's certainly more than a game...
Like I said, I would give anything to play catch with all of them again. I was fortunate that my son has had the same opportunity to play catch with me and my dad. He probably won't grasp how special that was until my dad passes. You are correct, it's certainly more than a game. Cool story.

Fort Dweller

I love the Omahogs because I don't ever feel like a game is hopeless.  Toops started that feeling (for me at least).  Then you have Eibners monster shot and Keuchel's gem.  Vinson robbing Bama.  Van Horn's mastery at picking the right guy at the right time.  Baum seems to possess the magic that I pray for at Reynolds and Walton.  I know in my heart that we're going to win. 

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ucahogfan

Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 15, 2018, 08:35:21 am
Then you have Eibners monster shot
That postseason run is what really got me into following Arkansas baseball so closely.  Eibner has such easy power and I still don't think that hit has landed yet.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 15, 2018, 08:35:21 am
I love the Omahogs because I don't ever feel like a game is hopeless.  Toops started that feeling (for me at least).  Then you have Eibners monster shot and Keuchel's gem.  Vinson robbing Bama.  Van Horn's mastery at picking the right guy at the right time.  Baum seems to possess the magic that I pray for at Reynolds and Walton.  I know in my heart that we're going to win. 

Jacob House vs. South Carolina ...
Collin Kuhn vs. Kentucky on Easter Sunday ...
James McCann vs. LSU ...
Jared Gates vs. MSU at 3am ...

Sometimes you can just feel the magic of the moment ...

S&W

Hollywood_HOGan45

Big Nick, toops slam, spanberger, Zach cox, beating the crap out of Oklahoma in 09, Darr's Double vs FSU, ryne stanek!!!
Coming back from the dead in 2015 to go go Omaha!! I loved going to the Missouri state series in 15. Experience of a lifetime.

Plus I really love having something to look forward to every fri, sat, and Sunday.

hogsolutely

The game itself is pure!  Has not been watered down by potential, because fundamentals are a must!  The game is more of a chess match.  The best player may not be the top 5 athlete on the team, but he is the best when it is needed.   Love the Game!   Unfortunately I have never gotten to see a game at the new venue, as a kid I went to games when it was right there behind Barnhill.  Listen to them on the radio an watch them on TV every opportunity I get.  Very Proud of this program!   WPS!!!   

hogsanity

That it is still a game anyone of any size can play. Don't have to be 6'8" with a 40" vert, or 350 and built like a boulder.

I love the smell at home plate after a foul ball, the smell of burning hide or wood, when I am behind the plate. The conversations that take place between catcher and hitter, the bards the jabs.

The momentary loss of air in the stadium when the pitcher snaps a 2-2 curve off waiting to see if that umps right arm goes up for the punch out.

Multiple scoring on one play. In football you can only score once on a play, in baseball you might score 4 times.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognitiveDissonance

I'm actually not a huge baseball fan, but I am a huge Hog fan, Van Horn is the best coach on campus, and this program is fun to follow. They're always competitive, always in the NCAAs, and rarely disappoint. They scratch, claw, and compete, even when they don't have the best talent. You always feel like there is a chance to be successful.

Sho Nuff

Last night's game is another reason I love baseball!  All of you who contribute to the pbp make it that much better.