Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi

Started by philiphog, April 22, 2017, 08:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 18, 2017, 11:23:44 pm
Yep...it was a hose. That was a great ball game. It featured some of everything....massive bombs, timely hitting, multiple pitchers hitting triple digits, great defense, passion,.....how do people not love baseball.

Completely agree, that was an incredible overall game!

That closer for the Red Sox is ridiculously good!  We need to get us one of those for the Hogs, that is the most intimidating thing to me in baseball.
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

Yep...it was a hose. That was a great ball game. It featured some of everything....massive bombs, timely hitting, multiple pitchers hitting triple digits, great defense, passion,.....how do people not love baseball.

I don't know.
Sports don't get much better than that game last night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JHGiunta

Exactly! I stayed up way past my bedtime in order to watch it to the end. Just pure edge of the seat entertainment. When Benintendi lasered Altuve at the plate I was just anticipating the bottom of the 9th with Kimbrel. Amazing game!

Hogs49ers

Looks like Benintendi picked a bad year to go for rookie of the year with what Bellinger and Judge are doing right now...Bellinger just hit another HR on his first AB tonight against the Mets.

Are there usually this many game changing rookies??  It seems like the game has started producing a lot astonishing, young talent the last several years.
SCREW Vandy!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 18, 2017, 11:26:36 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed her take....such as the brilliant bit of wisdom when she said..."aoki didn't wanna swing and miss there" on an 0-2 pitch that struck him out.

With wisdom like that, she is destined for greatness.
I heard she's calling the mizzou game on CBS this fall  :-\ ;)

SPAL

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 20, 2017, 09:45:16 pm
I heard she's calling the mizzou game on CBS this fall  :-\ ;)

The John Madden of college football....

"Now when the receiver catches the ball, it's a catch."

HogFoo

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 20, 2017, 09:51:15 pm
The John Madden of college football....

"Now when the receiver catches the ball, it's a catch."
haha... one of my favorites was when madden said "  Now here's guy that when he catches the ball in the endzone, it's a touchdown!'
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hogs49ers

Benintendi got his 10th HR of the season today!
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

Benintendi drove in 2 runs in the Top of the 11th with a bloop single to put the Sox up 7-5 / ended up being the game winning runs.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

bulldog04

He will be a 20-20 guy batting around 280. That's a pretty good rookie year.

JHicks3636

In his first 3 at-bats tonight-rbi single, double, 3-run homer. Has scored 3 runs and made a good play at the wall in left. Needs a triple for the cycle.

woodrow hog call

Just took Darvish deep for his third hit of the night, with a great catch to go along with it, having a night and getting the love from fans and announcers .
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hoglady

Putting on a show tonight!!!

hogfan14

JHicks3636

Now 5-5 with 2 homers and 6 rbis.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on July 04, 2017, 10:22:22 pm
I guess that's one way to stay in the fans' good graces. Wow

hoglady

Just had a nice interview on Sportscenter.
He carries himself so well, says all the right things and still sounds very grounded.

Hogs49ers

His amazing catch made #2 on SC Top 10.
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

My favorite from one of the Red Sox Message Boards.

"Ben Nintendo going Super Mario all over their asses"

311Hog

love that !  man benni ball all over the 4th.

JHicks3636

First Red Sox rookie to have two 5 hit games. Second Red Sox rookie to have two multi homer in games by the All-Star break.

bville_hog

I love baseball again almost solely because of him.  Catch every game I can that he plays.

hoglady

Had an old high school friend ask me a million times to come to Dallas for this series.
He's a huge Rangers fan and season ticket holder.
Wish I would have made the trip - would have loved to have been at these last 2 games.

TNhawgfan

Loved seeing on sportscenter this morning a woman with a razorback sign celebrating one of his tators
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

flippinhogmana

Quote from: jbcarol on July 05, 2017, 12:38:40 pm
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/882441911780474882

and they walked a hot hitter last night to get to him.  Not only did that burn them last night, but it seems to have given him a little jump start.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: JHicks3636 on July 04, 2017, 10:22:22 pm

What a show last night. Even if that was against my Rangers. He contributed in the Sox win the night before too. The only thing that may save us from him tonight is the RAIN.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TebowHater

Hogs49ers

Benintendi is starting off hot against the Yankees tonight - he is 2 for 3 with HR through the 6th inning!

He has been playing really good the last few weeks!  He is hitting right .500 through August!
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

August 11, 2017, 08:28:50 pm #130 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:17:10 pm by TebowHater
Benny had a rough July, hittting like .222 and his average dropped like 35 points.

In August, he has been on absolute fire. Is 13/25 after going yard earlier this evening.

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/896171167526129666

Also, cool feature on him here.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/896132739480420353

Edit: Link to HR
https://twitter.com/bostonsportsinf/status/896171264863326208

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TebowHater on August 11, 2017, 08:28:50 pm
Benny had a rough July, hittting like .222 and his average dropped like 50 points.

In August, he has been on absolute fire. Is 13/23 after going yard earlier this evening.

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/896171167526129666

Also, cool feature on him here.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/896132739480420353

Thanks for this!  Yes, he is hitting slightly above .500 after his ABs tonight for August.
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

Quote from: Hogs49ers on August 11, 2017, 08:31:51 pm
Thanks for this!  Yes, he is hitting slightly above .500 after his ABs tonight for August.

No problem. Indeed re average for August. Also he has already returned his season average back to where it was before July ~.280

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on August 11, 2017, 08:27:28 pm
Benintendi is starting off hot against the Yankees tonight - he is 2 for 3 with HR through the 6th inning!

He has been playing really good the last few weeks!  He is hitting right .500 through August!

Red Sox just gave that game away tonight to the Yankees.
Sickening.
Benentendi had a nice night, though.
Ruined my evening watching the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th inning.
I've watched the Red Sox blow so many games against the Yankees over my lifetime - I should have quit being surprised about it 20 years ago.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hoglady on August 12, 2017, 01:06:52 am
Red Sox just gave that game away tonight to the Yankees.
Sickening.
Benentendi had a nice night, though.
Ruined my evening watching the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th inning.
I've watched the Red Sox blow so many games against the Yankees over my lifetime - I should have quit being surprised about it 20 years ago.

It's been a major story of baseball this year.  So many teams have built these power teams around a top heavy starting rotation and big bats, fielding and bullpens have gone away.  Look what got the royals to the top for that short run, dominant bullpen that when they got to the 7th you were done (Yankees last year too), highest fielding average, and running bases.  Look how many teams want to build off of the long ball, it's only worked for dodgers and actors really thus far.  Now the stros can't win a game without multiple homers. 

Hogs49ers

August 12, 2017, 07:15:23 am #135 Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:40:10 am by Hogs49ers
So cool story - I have not collected baseball cards in about 15-20 years around when I was 9-13 years old, but I was really itching to go buy a few packs of cards to try and get a Benintendi rookie card.  So I went to Cleve's card shop yesterday and bought 3 packs of the 2017 Donruss Optic baseball cards for about $25 (the owner told me there are 2 on card rookie autographs per box on average, out of 24 packs), so I figured that would be a good route to go.

I did not pull anything on the first 2 packs, but on the 3rd pack, I pulled the Benintendi rookie autograph redemption card (so I go online and type the code in and they mail me the card apparently) and I am super excited!!  Apparently Judge rookie autos are going for an incredible amount of money, as well as Bellinger, but Benintendi is apparently the 3rd most valuable rookie player this year.  I think when these 3 players finish up their careers in 10-15 years, Benintendi will be known as the best baseball player out of this rookie class.

Picture of the redemption card below, plus a picture of the Aaron Judge Rated Rookie auto for an example of what the Benintendi card will look like (I saw the Judge version go for over 5k on Ebay, apparently there has never been a more valuable rookie in the card world):
SCREW Vandy!

Hogwop

Quote from: Hogs49ers on August 12, 2017, 07:15:23 am
So cool story - I have not collected baseball cards in about 15-20 years around when I was 9-13 years old, but I was really itching to go buy a few packs of cards to try and get a Benintendi rookie card.  So I went to Cleve's card shop yesterday and bought 3 packs of the 2017 Donruss Optic baseball cards for about $25 (the owner told me there are 2 on card rookie autographs per box on average, out of 24 packs), so I figured that would be a good route to go.

I did not pull anything on the first 2 packs, but on the 3rd pack, I pulled the Benintendi rookie autograph redemption card (so I go online and type the code in and they mail me the card apparently) and I am super excited!!  Apparently Judge rookie autos are going for an incredible amount of money, as well as Bellinger, but Benintendi is apparently the 3rd most valuable rookie player this year.  I think when these 3 players finish up their careers in 10-15 years, Benintendi will be known as the best baseball player out of this rookie class.

Picture of the redemption card below, plus a picture of the Aaron Judge Rated Rookie auto for an example of what the Benintendi card will look like (I saw the Judge version go for over 5k on Ebay, apparently there has never been a more valuable rookie in the card world):

That's pretty awesome dude. I quit collecting cards when I was like 19, but I still try to get former Razorback players rookie cards. I've made a few displays for them so they aren't just sitting in my closet where no one could see them. That signed Benintendi rookie would look great matted, framed, and hanging on the man cave wall!
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

HUNGLOWHOG

when you get your Benintendi card in send it to Beckett Grading System to get your card slabbed , they will put in nice case , they will grade it from corners , edges , surface , centering  & auto grade . card is worth whole lot more once you do that. check out ebay , type in Andrew Benintendi auto BGS you will see what i'm talking about.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Hogwop on August 12, 2017, 10:43:49 am
That's pretty awesome dude. I quit collecting cards when I was like 19, but I still try to get former Razorback players rookie cards. I've made a few displays for them so they aren't just sitting in my closet where no one could see them. That signed Benintendi rookie would look great matted, framed, and hanging on the man cave wall!

That sounds like really cool idea!
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: HUNGLOWHOG on August 12, 2017, 12:11:21 pm
when you get your Benintendi card in send it to Beckett Grading System to get your card slabbed , they will put in nice case , they will grade it from corners , edges , surface , centering  & auto grade . card is worth whole lot more once you do that. check out ebay , type in Andrew Benintendi auto BGS you will see what i'm talking about.

Thanks for the tip, I will probably do that if the card looks well centered and the corners are all good.  I can't wait to get it in the mail!
SCREW Vandy!

JHicks3636

He just popped a 3 run dinger against the Yankees to make it more valuable for you.

hoglady

Quote from: JHicks3636 on August 12, 2017, 04:03:04 pm
He just popped a 3 run dinger against the Yankees to make it more valuable for you.

And just popped another 3 run homer!!!

pigture perfect

He's the only rookie to ever hit 2 three run homers in a game against the Yankees.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TebowHater

August 12, 2017, 06:25:42 pm #143 Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:05:36 pm by TebowHater

Arazorbackguy1

6 RBI's in one game. Sick!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

JHicks3636

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 13, 2017, 01:04:53 am
6 RBI's in one game. Sick!

The second game this year that he knocked in 6 runs. Presently he ranks like this with the Red Sox for qualifying players:

2nd in Batting average  .280
T 2nd in Runs scored     59
3rd in hits                   111
3rd in Homeruns           16
2nd in RBIs                  65
2nd in BB                    49
5th in Ks                    77
2nd in Stolen bases      14
2nd in On-base Pct     .359
2nd in Slugging           .448
1st in OPS                 .808

Considering his two slumps this is amazing.

dotnet

Quote from: JHicks3636 on August 13, 2017, 07:49:43 am

Considering his two slumps this is amazing.

In April, June, and August he has basically been a down ballet MVP candidate. 

In May, July, and presumably September... he has performed like someone who needs to be sent down for a little bit. 

Most college players in his draft class are still in the minors... learning on the fly in the majors is tough and what he is doing is really impressive

Hogs49ers

For anyone interested, Benintendi is about to get a chance to win the game against the Yankees in the top of the 10th inning (Tied 2-2, guys on 1st and 2nd with 1 out, Benintendi is on deck).  Game is on ESPN.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Boom, he drilled a line drive single to make a 3-2 ball game with bases loaded!  Vamos!

He now has 9 RBIs in this series against the Yankees, and basically single handily won 2 out of the 3 games!
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on August 13, 2017, 10:32:26 pm
Boom, he drilled a line drive single to make a 3-2 ball game with bases loaded!  Vamos!

He now has 9 RBIs in this series against the Yankees, and basically single handily won 2 out of the 3 games!

I've watched all 3 games in this series - he's been stellar throughout.
Loved that he came through in the clutch tonight.
Back for more next weekend with the Yankees at Fenway.