Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well I'm gonna get drilled today, but I couldn't stop myself. Steelers average on the road and tend to play down to competition.

That said.

Steelers -3 / 2 dime play. Was gonna go a dime, but couldn't resist boosting it.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

The Jets are going to let Ben kill them.  They know nothing different.  Steelers should rund down hill at them and hit Bryant and Brown on deep routes all day long.  James Harrison is probably on his longest streak without a fine, so I see a big hit coming.  Going to be hard for me to stay away from this game myself. 

I just can't help but keep looking at the Kc Chiefs.  I know buffalo has a nice D but Kyle Orton?  Really. 

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 09, 2014, 09:16:50 am
The Jets are going to let Ben kill them.  They know nothing different.  Steelers should rund down hill at them and hit Bryant and Brown on deep routes all day long.  James Harrison is probably on his longest streak without a fine, so I see a big hit coming.  Going to be hard for me to stay away from this game myself. 

I just can't help but keep looking at the Kc Chiefs.  I know buffalo has a nice D but Kyle Orton?  Really. 

KC / Buffalo is a tough one for sure. If I were to bet it I would probably take the Bills at home. Not touching it though.
Let's make some waves.

clutch

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 09, 2014, 09:21:30 am

KC / Buffalo is a tough one for sure. If I were to bet it I would probably take the Bills at home. Not touching it though.

It's a pick game for me now but still not sure I want to touch it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on November 09, 2014, 09:55:48 am
It's a pick game for me now but still not sure I want to touch it.

+1.5 for me now, I was gonna jump all over it at -2 but held off and now I've watched it move all the way to + money. 

I'm starting to like the Lions too, but they seem to be debby downers every year. 

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 09, 2014, 10:04:26 am
+1.5 for me now, I was gonna jump all over it at -2 but held off and now I've watched it move all the way to + money. 

I'm starting to like the Lions too, but they seem to be debby downers every year. 

Dolphins looked pretty good the past few weeks. Detroit is so unpredictable to me. Megatron is coming back today, but still who knows about them.

Let's make some waves.

SPAL

I took Oregon last night at -9 but didn't post it... I thought I did but I guess I didnt. I post late games that I lose as well...

Today...

Bears +8.5

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 09, 2014, 12:57:04 pm
I took Oregon last night at -9 but didn't post it... I thought I did but I guess I didnt. I post late games that I lose as well...

Today...

Bears +8.5

No worries brother!
Let's make some waves.

oldman1015

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 09, 2014, 08:56:49 am
Well I'm gonna get drilled today, but I couldn't stop myself. Steelers average on the road and tend to play down to competition.

That said.

Steelers -3 / 2 dime play. Was gonna go a dime, but couldn't resist boosting it.
i bet louisville, kc, and the steelers. have bet the steelers 3 times this year and have cursed them each time.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

widespreadsooie

2-4 on posted plays Saturday, added UGA before kick but forgot to post.

Won on Duke -3.5 and AZ St -2.5
Lost on App St. -4.5, GA St. +7, GA So. -13, and K St. +6

Should probably stay away from the Sun Belt and conferences alike.

28-27 YTD

widespreadsooie

Four games that stand out to me early for this week:

Utah +7.5 @ Stanford
UGA -2.5 vs. AUB
Hogs -2.5 vs. LSU
MIA +2.5 vs. FSU

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 10, 2014, 11:48:17 am
Four games that stand out to me early for this week:

Utah +7.5 @ Stanford
UGA -2.5 vs. AUB
Hogs -2.5 vs. LSU
MIA +2.5 vs. FSU

Michigan St. -12.5 @ Maryland
Auburn +2.5 vs UGA
Memphis -11 @ Tulane (last weeks upset of Houston is the only reason this isn't a 17 point spread)
Western Kentucky -10 vs Army
Bowling Green -13 vs Kent St.

Georgia Southern +2.5 vs Navy is another one worth checking out
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

SPAL

Hawgndaaz

well guys i was down around 20 units yesterday after the early NFL games and a bad Saturday night.

Threw a hail mary on the late games and completed the pass to come back to only down 6 lol.

betting is fun.

onebadrubi

I've got eagles -7-115, eagles O 28eV, and eagles O 31+209.

onebadrubi

Next weekend in on FSU, O in det/arizona, and O on Indy/pats. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

widespreadsooie

onebad, solid calls on those overs. The Eagles D currently has me 31 fantasy points, attempting to moose my opponent.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 10, 2014, 07:31:43 pm
Panthers +8

Just checked my card to see if I misread and it was actually Panthers +38.

No luck.

Hawgndaaz

for the hockey folks, how do you decide what a good puck line number is? I am trying to find a low key way to bet on pucks as I actually like watching a bit of the games and would give me reason to watch highlights. It almost seems like 2 team ML parlays could be profitable.

I don't know much about it but follow yalls picks at times and after looking at it, I'm up more in hockey the past 2 weeks than I am in football ha!

Anyway, saw the penguins were -1.5 +200 PL @ Rangers.

SPAL

Dropkick

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Dropkick on November 11, 2014, 02:43:44 pm
TOLEDO +5 / 1 UNIT

isn't their QB banged up?
looks like they will be starting either a freshman or a former qb turned receiver tonight at QB. it is also senior night at NIU. Not touching Toledo.

widespreadsooie

Hawgndaaz

read this hockey stat on twitter earlier:

of the 11 games last night, only 1 road team, Dallas, won. Goal differential for home team v road team 44-16

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 12, 2014, 08:38:24 am
read this hockey stat on twitter earlier:

of the 11 games last night, only 1 road team, Dallas, won. Goal differential for home team v road team 44-16

I'm tailing a guy on hockey.  Outside of knowing how to spell it, they play on ice, and use a puck... I know little about it.  So far he's doing well enough to continue tailing. 

SPAL

Dropkick

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 11, 2014, 03:30:17 pm
isn't their QB banged up?
looks like they will be starting either a freshman or a former qb turned receiver tonight at QB. it is also senior night at NIU. Not touching Toledo.
You were right about QB but it worked out. 2 solid fb teams.

oldman1015

i like fla st. -2.5 over miami. have i missed something. is winston suspended again?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: oldman1015 on November 13, 2014, 02:41:43 pm
i like fla st. -2.5 over miami. have i missed something. is winston suspended again?

Rivalry game, FSU is overrated, Winston has become a walking controversy, Duke Johnson is a stud, and FSU's defense is suspect...I like the upset, hoping to get the Canes at 3.

widespreadsooie

DadVader1

Here's what I've done so far (2 units each on):

Wake +17
Duke -5
TCU -28.5
Texas - 2.5
AZ St. -9

Fort Dweller

onebadrubi

I'm on my way to gf's folks in Missouri (freakin shoot me).  They have 1 TV the size of football I should add.  I'll be glued to that thing Saturday night though.

Main plays are
Fl st
O in AZ and Det
O in pats and colts

Fights
Pullev +475
Weredum -450 big play of the weekend along with the three FB plays. 

Will look to add a few small plays if I even have phone service and can get on here or the book. 

Good luck guys!  I'll be sweating out my fight picks especially the big one! 

Hawgndaaz

2 team NFL teaser, 4 units

broncos -4 @ rams
saints -1.5 vs bengals

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 14, 2014, 11:41:24 am
2 team NFL teaser, 4 units

broncos -4 @ rams
saints -1.5 vs bengals

I like that play.  I'm looking at taking broncos straight up

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2014, 11:50:29 am
I like that play.  I'm looking at taking broncos straight up

Broncos are rolling and its obvious manning wants that record to be as high as possible (see last week's shunning of his backup)

I need a good weekend. it's been bad lately!

oldman1015

Got DA Ville tonight in college hoops. -9.5 / 3 units
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Saturday thus far:

UGA/AUB o68.5
Hogs/LSU u48.5
UGA -2.5
Texas -2.5

Still waiting to see if I can get better numbers with Miami (my guy will not come off 2.5) and Arkansas

jkstock04

My Saturday plays:

Iowa -4 -120 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....4 unit bet

Arkansas -1.0 -110, NCAAF....4 unit bet (lord help me on the sucker bet of the day)

North Texas vs. UTEP u52 -120 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....3 unit bet

Boise State -14.0 -110, NCAAF....5 unit bet

Oregon State +10 -110, NCAAF....3 unit bet

Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie

Nebraska +5 / 3 units
Clemson -3 / 5 units
Air Force -3 / 3 units
Kansas +28 / 3 units
Arizona ST -7 /3 units
LSU pk Dime play
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 15, 2014, 07:34:29 am
Nebraska +5 / 3 units
Clemson -3 / 5 units
Air Force -3 / 3 units
Kansas +28 / 3 units
Arizona ST -7 /3 units
LSU pk Dime play

This, w/ spread differences...
LSU  -1
Nebraska  +6.5
KU +29.5
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SPAL

Played Florida -18 I'm college hoops last night but didn't get it posted so blah. ..

Like mississippi st at +10 today.

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 14, 2014, 11:50:41 pm
My Saturday plays:

Iowa -4 -120 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....4 unit bet

Arkansas -1.0 -110, NCAAF....4 unit bet (lord help me on the sucker bet of the day)

North Texas vs. UTEP u52 -120 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....3 unit bet

Boise State -14.0 -110, NCAAF....5 unit bet

Oregon State +10 -110, NCAAF....3 unit bet

Good luck everyone!

I'm trying to figure why you bought the hook on Iowa to bring down to 4.  I mean sure it could be the difference, but! Just saying :)
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 15, 2014, 09:06:11 am
Played Florida -18 I'm college hoops last night but didn't get it posted so blah. ..

Like mississippi st at +10 today.

Probably gonna get on the Dawgs as well!
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 15, 2014, 09:09:08 am
Probably gonna get on the Dawgs as well!

Yea, u need to hedge that dime bet since the hogs gonna break your heart.... dig it.