Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player tweets not a good look

Started by Snout team, January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

There were some tweets from the graduating and current players yesterday that indicated no communication.

First, Bijhon Jackson tweeted about not yet receiving any communication about how the new staff will support them with training for the NFL draft.

Then, Randy Ramsey tweeted about not receiving any communication about receiving their checks to pay their rent for their off campus housing.

Why is this lack of communication? Seems disorganized for football operations - Randy did not even know who to contact?

It is the non-contact period for recruiting so what is the staff doing these days???

onebadrubi

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2018, 10:03:43 am
Wow, this got trashed faster than bringing up Bielema's DUI did.  Not that Bielema isn't here I'm sure we can talk about his DUI right?

wait what?  when did he get a DUI?  lol

Hardcore Hoggy

Twitter is the devil, for athletes, for politicians, for well everyone Twitter is the devil.

jackflash

I hope we are going help these on pro day

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:09:49 pm
Between Ramsey crying about his photos and BJ complaining about no support during pro day training it appears the lack of having a staff in place is causing some hardships.  I feel for the players and is is not a good look on social media. 

You would think there would be plenty of support staff in place to take care of this stuff.

There is. But might be a bit more difficult during the holidays, not to mention during the transition. I bet they both will be taken care of. Of course, until then, torches & pitchforks!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 02, 2018, 10:53:35 am
I am ashamed that I've never heard of this before, but it makes such common sense. I hope that they get the help they need. It's only fair.
This is a problem many players across the country experience every year but flies under the radar. We wouldn't even know about it if not for Bijhon saying something on twitter. If a change comes from this that helps future athletes, then he definitely did the right thing by speaking up.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

KlubhouseKonnected

Ramsey may just be fishing for people to send him pictures rather than looking for them himself lol. If somebody with video editing skills just happens to put together a Highlight reel of his plays and uploads it to youtube well that would probably be just fine with him too.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

birmingHAMette

Jamaal Anderson has offered for BJackson  to come stay with him in ATL and he will provide a trainer per Twitter. Hopefully, they'll get it worked out.
Go Hogs

Bacon_Bitz

Grown men in this thread acting like children

TX HOG

I'm sure things in the athletic department will get ironed out as soon as some normalcy is in place. As soon as CCM was hired he hit the road, then winter break. I'm sure he's had very little time on campus to speak to the players.

FANONTHEHILL

January 02, 2018, 02:12:08 pm #60 Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:22:06 pm by FANONTHEHILL
This is yet another topic that has been thrown totally out of proportion by those choosing to be negative toward the players and program. 

In Randy's case, every team has a video staff and a part of what they do is building highlight videos for players that could be draft eligible in the next year or two.  The new staff fired the entire video staff and no one has been made aware whether or not the new staff has continued the work the previous group had started.  This is not vanity or being spoiled, it's part of the business of marketing yourself as a player.  It's being responsible.

In Bijohn's case, the facility has been closed for the break and players have had to work out on their own.  Current players had access to the building yesterday.  In the past, players that had just graduated/completed their eligibility, had full access to the facility to prepare for the combine and pro day.  Again, this is not being spoiled, it's part of being a college athlete.

Players met Coach Morris at the team meeting, briefly spoke to him after, and a few spent time with him as hosts for visits prior to last month's signing period.  Communication has been limited.  Mainly just the message with the recommended conditioing during the break.  Could communication have been handled better?  Sure, but that's always the case in a time of transition.

Everyone involved with the program has had their lives turned upside down since November 24th.  The way things are done and the way things are communicated have changed as well.  There is nothing out of the ordinary about what Randy and Bijohn were asking about.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hogcards

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2018, 10:03:43 am
Wow, this got trashed faster than bringing up Bielema's DUI did.  Not that Bielema isn't here I'm sure we can talk about his DUI right?

Good Lord, did he have a DUI that was swept under the rug?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: birmingHAMette on January 02, 2018, 01:45:58 pm
Jamaal Anderson has offered for BJackson  to come stay with him in ATL and he will provide a trainer per Twitter. Hopefully, they'll get it worked out.

That wouldn't be a violation?

rhog1

Quote from: hogcards on January 02, 2018, 02:13:30 pm
Good Lord, did he have a DUI that was swept under the rug?
If I remember right it was back at Kansas state. It was never covered up and had absolutely no bearing on anything and the only people trying to bring it up where looking for something to whine about.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

010HogFan

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 01, 2018, 03:58:57 pm
Much ado about very little. I agree the players have been spoiled and coddled in many ways, but I don't think they are crying or being unreasonable necessarily.

They just need to understand that in the early stages of a regime change, with about half a staff or less, that there is going to be some transition. I don't think they are trashing UA, no need to trash them.

They are millennials after all, it is unbelievable the sense of entitlement that is so pervasive today, they are just a reflection of that and it's not really their fault. They grew up in an age of "participation trophies" and the like, it comes to be expected.

It's time for them to man up and join the Real World, though..

This mindset is incredibly toxic, and you do more harm than good perpetuating gross generalizations such as these on an entire generation of people just because they were born in a different decade than you. Turn off the news and go out into the world, and you'll see that the youth of today isn't significantly different than any other generation would have been, especially if given the same luxuries.

The Hogfather

colbs

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 02, 2018, 02:14:20 pm
Why does Ramsey want a highlight tape made?  Highlight of what? All his missed one arm tackles?
Bash players much?

bphi11ips

You guys complaining about this should know these players have communicated with coaches via Twitter since they were recruited. Ramsey may not have direct contact info and coaches are on Christmas break like many.

Both players messages were very well written and respectful.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rhog1

Any time a young person has a problem today way too many people jump on the spoiled millennial BS. Our players have legitimate problems based on the coaching change. Hopefully the University can get it fixed for them. 

010HogFan

Quote from: rhog1 on January 02, 2018, 02:43:28 pm
Any time a young person has a problem today way too many people jump on the spoiled millennial BS. Our players have legitimate problems based on the coaching change. Hopefully the University can get it fixed for them. 
+1

SquidBilly

Quote from: rhog1 on January 02, 2018, 02:43:28 pm

Dilly  Dilly

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
https://twitter.com/bijhonj/status/947932363446800384

https://twitter.com/r_rambo10/status/945098872594096128

https://twitter.com/r_rambo10/status/947863147754541056

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but what help, exactly, was Bijhon getting on the inside?!?! 

"...It's a tough road, especially for those of us who don't have much financially and no one to help us on the inside anymore."
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 02, 2018, 02:48:01 pm
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but what help, exactly, was Bijhon getting on the inside?!?! 

"...It's a tough road, especially for those of us who don't have much financially and no one to help us on the inside anymore."
it seems like players are being left out in the cold.  previously it seems we had advisers and people to help them through the process of pro day, etc, and those people have been let go with the old staff.

which is kind of weird.  I didn't realize administrative support staff was tied to the coaching staff.

balls are bound to get dropped when you change coaches and AD's at the same time.

however I don't think twitter is the avenue to resolve these issues. 

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

colbs

They could train via Herbert if they stayed on campus. If they have to go off campus they have to pay a trainer.

010HogFan

probably just saying he can't work out inside the facility any more/isn't receiving help and guidance from inside the program getting ready for the draft

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 02, 2018, 02:37:13 pm
You guys complaining about this should know these players have communicated with coaches via Twitter since they were recruited. Ramsey may not have direct contact info and coaches are on Christmas break like many.

Both players messages were very well written and respectful.

As to the scholarship money, that is handled by the university, the coaches, or staff isn't cutting checks. As to the video highlights, that's just a casualty of the coaching staff changes. Sometimes things don't work out as you like, and you have to adjust.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 02:51:33 pm
probably just saying he can't work out inside the facility any more/isn't receiving help and guidance from inside the program getting ready for the draft
which is very odd. 

Is it just that the new AD/Coaching staff dropped the ball, or did they make a conscious decision to tell seniors to take a hike after the last game.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HillBillyHogfan

add this to the fact that no defensive coach has been named and you have your answer... Chad will recruit nothing but offensive players and the best dang onside kicker in 'merica. We will go for it on fourth down and onside every kick-off. Good riddance defensive players.
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

010HogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 02, 2018, 02:54:22 pm
which is very odd. 

Is it just that the new AD/Coaching staff dropped the ball, or did they make a conscious decision to tell seniors to take a hike after the last game.

Yeah that is weird. Probably just an unintended consequence of the transition, something they didn't think about until it was brought to their attention. If they got it fixed, then no big deal, but that's something they should really take seriously. Could be used against us negatively

a0ashle

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 02, 2018, 02:12:08 pm
This is yet another topic that has been thrown totally out of proportion by those choosing to be negative toward the players and program. 

In Randy's case, every team has a video staff and a part of what they do is building highlight videos for players that could be draft eligible in the next year or two.  The new staff fired the entire video staff and no one has been made aware whether or not the new staff has continued the work the previous group had started.  This is not vanity or being spoiled, it's part of the business of marketing yourself as a player.  It's being responsible.

In Bijohn's case, the facility has been closed for the break and players have had to work out on their own.  Current players had access to the building yesterday.  In the last, players that had just graduated/completed their eligibility, had full access to the facility to prepare for the combine and pro day.  Again, this is not being spoiled, it's part of being a college athlete.

Players met Coach Morris at the team meeting, briefly spoke to him after, and a few spent time with him as hosts for visits prior to last month's signing period.  Communication has been limited.  Mainly just the message with the recommended conditioing during the break.  Could communication have been handled better?  Sure, but that's always the case in a time of transition.

Everyone involved with the program has had their lives turned upside down since November 24th.  The way things are done and the way things are communicated have changed as well.  There is nothing out of the ordinary about what Randy and Bijohn were asking about.

HighcountryHog

How about don't broadcast your life on social media.
no bumps, no fat chicks

rhog1

Quote from: HighcountryHog on January 02, 2018, 03:12:40 pm
How about don't broadcast your life on social media.
Why not? It is a sign of the times. It is what kids today do.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 03:01:38 pm
Yeah that is weird. Probably just an unintended consequence of the transition, something they didn't think about until it was brought to their attention. If they got it fixed, then no big deal, but that's something they should really take seriously. Could be used against us negatively
Yeah, I agree its probably just a symptom of the transition.  I'm sure it will be resolved. 

Coondog Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 02, 2018, 02:12:08 pm

In Randy’s case, every team has a video staff and a part of what they do is building highlight videos for players that could be draft eligible in the next year or two.  The new staff fired the entire video staff and no one has been made aware whether or not the new staff has continued the work the previous group had started.  This is not vanity or being spoiled, it’s part of the business of marketing yourself as a player.  It’s being responsible.

In Bijohn’s case, the facility has been closed for the break and players have had to work out on their own.  Current players had access to the building yesterday.  In the last, players that had just graduated/completed their eligibility, had full access to the facility to prepare for the combine and pro day.  Again, this is not being spoiled, it’s part of being a college athlete.

Players met Coach Morris at the team meeting, briefly spoke to him after, and a few spent time with him as hosts for visits prior to last month’s signing period.  Communication has been limited.  Mainly just the message with the recommended conditioing during the break.  Could communication have been handled better?  Sure, but that’s always the case in a time of transition.

Except airing it out on social media.  You cant tell me they don't know one person in the athletic dept that is still there to ask for direction.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: rhog1 on January 02, 2018, 03:14:33 pm
Why not? It is a sign of the times. It is what kids today do.

It's not only the kids doing it. There are plenty of adults who don't mind putting every facet of their lives on display through social media. It's weird and creepy.

bennyl08

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
https://twitter.com/bijhonj/status/947932363446800384

https://twitter.com/r_rambo10/status/945098872594096128

https://twitter.com/r_rambo10/status/947863147754541056

In what world is Ramsey crying about anything? The only fault I see is him doing what a lot of people do these days, reaching out for answers to a question on social media rather than seeking to answer them directly. I'm guessing he follows people in photo/video department for the university and felt like tweeting his questions would be the best way to get answers from them rather than sending them an email or calling.

As for Bijhon, I agree it's not a good look, but not for him. That's a really bad look for the new coaching staff. They need to get on that pronto.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogcards

Quote from: rhog1 on January 02, 2018, 02:23:38 pm
If I remember right it was back at Kansas state. It was never covered up and had absolutely no bearing on anything and the only people trying to bring it up where looking for something to whine about.

Man, Jeff Long is a hypocrite.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

a0ashle

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 01, 2018, 03:51:07 pm
I disagree, it shows the mindset of coddled, pampered, crybabies who would rather air their complaints on social media than take it up in person with the new administration. Ramsey's issue can be resolved in one day. Jackson's will take a little longer as he needs to drop about 60 pounds.
I disagree... You're insulting someone without even trying to understand their POV. Dude was just lamenting how hard it is to workout, eat and make ends meet until the combine, and other dude was just simply saying that maybe the team media folks could sort through player images and make them available to the players. They aren't putting down the program. I don't understand all of the vitriol in the responses here. I'm glad they are not showing up on twitter...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

I don't know the details but I am with the players.  You take care of your own and do whats right.  I want to believe that Coach Morris will look into this and get the right people on the job.  I can see how something like this could fall through a crack and I wonder if the Boys in need have spoken to Morris about this.  I don't want to believe Morris wants this type headlines out there.

Just my wild guess but wouldn't surprise me if these players voiced their opinion to Bret and he likely said if you cannot reach someone to get this done, tweet it,  that will get attention.  What do you think.

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 02, 2018, 03:32:22 pm
I disagree... You're insulting someone without even trying to understand their POV. Dude was just lamenting how hard it is to workout, eat and make ends meet until the combine, and other dude was just simply saying that maybe the team media folks could sort through player images and make them available to the players. They aren't putting down the program. I don't understand all of the vitriol in the responses here. I'm glad they are not showing up on twitter...

While there may be some issues, tweeting out your frustration isn't the best way the go about rectifying them.

SemperHawg

Pretty sure he just accused our entire fan base of being on dope!

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2018, 03:39:33 pm
While there may be some issues, tweeting out your frustration isn't the best way the go about rectifying them.
Actually, that seems to be what got their problems addressed.

There's a 5 page thread on here about why aren't high school kids loyal to the UofA in recruiting. The UofA better be loyal to current and former players if it wants the same treatment.

LZH

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2018, 03:39:50 pm
Pretty sure he just accused our entire fan base of being on dope!

Ha! Look out Mr. Hand!

HawgTide

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 01, 2018, 03:47:53 pm
This thread is useless, nothing to see here

No doubt....

Some of our fans are the worst

SemperHawg

azhog10

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 02, 2018, 03:22:56 pm
Except airing it out on social media.  You cant tell me they don't know one person in the athletic dept that is still there to ask for direction.
Exactly. Lot of folks with sour grapes.