Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR Derby

Started by Porked Tongue, March 30, 2024, 06:09:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

I've got a small WPS on the 4 Time for Truth

Then a decent EX box on 2,4 and 7

Post time in 35 min
Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 01, 2023, 04:12:03 pmI don't need to engage with the maniacal idiots to prove I support the Hogs. As I age, I just ignore it.  I don't argue with friends over it, I don't leave the radio on when the nauseous people are on air and on HV I use the block feature.

jbcarol

Why Bob Baffert was at the Alabama Elite Eight game after Arkansas Derby win

By Matt Stahl

QuoteMuth, trained by Bob Baffert, won the Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark. Saturday, romping to victory and paying $6:60 on a $2 bet for the hall of fame trainer in the Kentucky Derby prep race. By the 5:49 p.m. PT start of Alabama basketball's Elite Eight matchup with Clemson, Baffert, clad in a Crimson Tide quarter-zip and his signature dark glasses, was in the fourth row at Crypto.com Arena, behind the Alabama bench.

Baffert hadn't made the trip to Oaklawn, telling assembled reporters on a conference call that he had a basketball game to make.

"We got down here right away," Baffert told AL.com from stands in Los Angeles. "I'm good friends with Greg Byrne. He took me up, I was here the other night for the U of A (Arizona) game."

Baffert is a graduate of Arizona, which has a Race Track Industry Program. Now Alabama's athletics director, Byrne previously held the same position with the Wildcats.

The trainer lives in California, making his home training base Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.

"I'm a big fan of Nick Saban," Baffert said. "So I've been a big fan of Alabama."

Baffert said Muth, who won't be able to run in the Kentucky Derby due to the trainer's continued suspension by Churchill Downs Inc., came out of the Arkansas race in good shape. He said he didn't yet have a concrete plan for the colt's next race.

"We'll just get him home," Baffert said. "No plan. Hopefully Preakness."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Torqued pork

I had an exacta on Muth with Liberal Arts. LA had a rough trip.

Just Steel ran well enough to encourage Lukas to have him run into the ground by August.

Porked Tongue

Time for Truth looked beat at the first turn
Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 01, 2023, 04:12:03 pmI don't need to engage with the maniacal idiots to prove I support the Hogs. As I age, I just ignore it.  I don't argue with friends over it, I don't leave the radio on when the nauseous people are on air and on HV I use the block feature.

ghostzapper

Nobody in that race is going to win the Derby

ghostzapper

But, somebody is going to declare DWayne to the Derby is a great story.  Dear God.  Let's forget his past TC entrants

ghostzapper

Fierceness is the most talented 3 year old in this year's pathetic group.  But, if he hits adversity in the race, he throws in the towel.  Just get ready that a non-winner of 3 allowance may win Derby

Torqued pork

Quote from: ghostzapper on March 31, 2024, 08:37:11 pmFierceness is the most talented 3 year old in this year's pathetic group.  But, if he hits adversity in the race, he throws in the towel.  Just get ready that a non-winner of 3 allowance may win Derby
Fierceness has a habit of following an impressive win with a disappointment.

holeinthewall

I threw together a late Pick 5 ticket but it was going to $480 so I played the 9-12 P4  Hit it for $1362.  The last race I didn't like I thought it was wide open and I had picked 3 horses on my ticket.  I would have hit the 57k P5     Made me sick.  Hell if I had played the last P4 it would have been a $96 ticket and it paid $8700 or so.

Porked Tongue

heavylifting

Quote from: ghostzapper on March 31, 2024, 08:37:11 pmJust get ready that a non-winner of 3 allowance may win Derby
Get ready? I don't understand. Rich Strike was eligible for NW1X/NW2L allowance races when he won the Derby.

hit_that_line

He will need to take a step forward, but Honor Marie will probably be my Derby horse.

oldman1015

Haven't been playing much this year.I had a great last two Saturdays. A week ago I bet $45 total on a pick 5 at Fairgounds around the Derby and got back 1289.20. This Saturday I bet a total of $120. $80 of which was on a pick 5 around the Florida Derby that paid me 2022.60 Going to try again this Saturday.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 31, 2024, 12:23:40 pmTime for Truth looked beat at the first turn

Yeah, he wasn't in those class of horses, I know the owner, my sister knows him real well. Great guy. They pulled out of the Rebel a few weeks back, I'm surprised they ran him in this one. But I was rootin' for him nonetheless. I was dreaming Harry would be at Churchill Downs among all the big hats and big shots with his horse and pull a surprise from Arkansas.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Lanny

Here comes Mystic Dan
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy