Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss Lisa's Call to DTS:

Started by Golferhog, November 06, 2017, 07:44:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Golferhog

Did anyone else hear Miss Lisa's call to Randy today on DTS?  She says she has a tape recording of Jeff Long's staff telling her to she needs to become a ASU fan during a call to his office to complain about our dismal football results.  She said she was also informed about the great GPA they have. 

hobhog

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

JaketheSnake

The Hawg Marshal

Is she still calling all of the radio shows?

Lanny

Quote from: Golferhog on November 06, 2017, 07:44:35 pm
Did anyone else hear Miss Lisa's call to Randy today on DTS?  She says she has a tape recording of Jeff Long's staff telling her to she needs to become a ASU fan during a call to his office to complain about our dismal football results.  She said she was also informed about the great GPA they have. 
Yes I heard the call on DTS, unreal
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

EastexHawg

I don't doubt it.  Long responded with some condescending one liner when I wrote to him a couple of years ago.  He's an arrogant little...

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Boardon Hamsay

We should flag a banner stating "Miss Lisa Deserves Better, Fire Everyone!"
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 06, 2017, 07:59:55 pm
We should flag a banner stating "Miss Lisa Deserves Better, Fire Everyone!"
Don't forget to add "Down with mistreatment of senior citizens".

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

hoglady

I can't figure out which of you are making fun of her or surprised at her treatment.

There's nothing wrong with a fan calling Long to express their dismay with the state of the program.
And if she was treated poorly, there's nothing wrong with letting other Hog fans know what the current AD and his staff think of the average fan.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Farmer Hogget

Because if you hear it on DTS, it MUST be true!

Did little miss liar, er I mean Lisa play said recording? 

hog of steele

Did she play the tape? If it exists, it will be on the net shortly. I will withhold judgement until then.

hoglady

I wonder if this is the same woman who called into Bo's show after the TCU game.
This woman was a season ticket holder from NE Arkansas - she wanted to leave a message for Long and they wouldn't let her. Told her to find another team to support if she wasn't happy with the Razorbacks.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JaketheSnake

I heard Miss Lisa was working some OT trying to get her hands on a few extra lobsters the past few weeks.  She will do whatever she has to to get the buttery plump she so desires.

East Clintwood

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 08:09:21 pm
.  .  .  there's nothing wrong with letting other Hog fans know what the current AD and his staff think of the average fan.

We can see exactly what they think of us simply be watching the product they put on the field.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

FarmingtonFan

I know Jeff Long's email was posted here before.  Can't find it tho.  Can someone post?

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 07:49:19 pm
Is she still calling all of the radio shows?

Only those that will still take them from her. Several years ago I couldn't get my XM radio to work and was hitting the scan button while driving to the farm, I unfortunately came upon her on some local sports station, I listened to the tires road after about a minute of her.

PonderinHog

Vantage 8 dude

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

phadedhawg

goodness....folks jumping at shadows

latrops

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 08:09:21 pm
I can't figure out which of you are making fun of her or surprised at her treatment.

There's nothing wrong with a fan calling Long to express their dismay with the state of the program.
And if she was treated poorly, there's nothing wrong with letting other Hog fans know what the current AD and his staff think of the average fan.

Of course, none of us know the specifics of the alleged exchange between the AD and radio show calling fan.  That said, I would expect that if she respectfully and intelligently expressed her concerns, she should have received at least a polite response...even if ultimately unsatisfying.  Conversely, a belligerent and confrontational approach may lead to a negative response.

The average angry sports fan probably isn't going in with calm and respect all that often.

sickboy

Well... that'd be a federal crime.

moses_007

I heard that as well on the radio.  And Mz. Lisa has been financially supporting and going to Arkansas football games for 55 years.

Let that sink in.  Even Sunshine Rick admitted that wasn't right.

Lanny

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 08:13:46 pm
I wonder if this is the same woman who called into Bo's show after the TCU game.
This woman was a season ticket holder from NE Arkansas - she wanted to leave a message for Long and they wouldn't let her. Told her to find another team to support if she wasn't happy with the Razorbacks.
thats her,  I know Lisa, Lisa is a die hard Razorback fan that helps with razorback clubs in NE Arkansas
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

greasy_corner

Quote from: FarmingtonFan on November 06, 2017, 08:18:59 pm
I know Jeff Long's email was posted here before.  Can't find it tho.  Can someone post?
last time...pepsijeff@uark.edu

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: latrops on November 06, 2017, 08:30:49 pm
Of course, none of us know the specifics of the alleged exchange between the AD and radio show calling fan.  That said, I would expect that if she respectfully and intelligently expressed her concerns, she should have received at least a polite response...even if ultimately unsatisfying.  Conversely, a belligerent and confrontational approach may lead to a negative response.

The average angry sports fan probably isn't going in with calm and respect all that often.

She's made this claim more than once on the radio. Not saying it did or didn't happen. But as you say, who knows the tone of the conversation? I would think a letter to the BOT, etc. would suffice, as opposed to telling the story on state-wide radio. But to each his own, I guess.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

moses_007

She also indicated she had written all members of the BOT, chancellor, etc., about this experience.

Jeff Long is finished.

HardCore

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 08:40:16 pm
She also indicated she had written all members of the BOT, chancellor, etc., about this experience.

Jeff Long is finished.

Christmas come early!

WooPigFarm

She should call Paul

cant make sense of it all, call paul

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 08:40:16 pm

Jeff Long is finished.
Because all members of the BOT care about what Miss Lisa has to say.  ;D
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

The Hawg Marshal

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 08:52:11 pm
Because all members of the BOT care about what Miss Lisa has to say.  ;D

I'm sure they filed it with the rest of the letters in the "Reasons to Fire Jeff Long" folder under R for "Rude Secretary".  Right after the P for "Pepsi", and before S for "stadium expansion".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PonderinHog

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 08:19:54 pm
Only those that will still take them from her. Several years ago I couldn't get my XM radio to work and was hitting the scan button while driving to the farm, I unfortunately came upon her on some local sports station, I listened to the tires road after about a minute of her.
I quit listening to any of them a few years ago, but you could always bet that her, Gentle Ben and Forrest City Joe were going to call in to every one of them almost every day.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 06, 2017, 08:57:37 pm
I'm sure they filed it with the rest of the letters in the "Reasons to Fire Jeff Long" folder under R for "Rude Secretary".  Right after the P for "Pepsi", and before S for "stadium expansion".
What is wrong with the Stadium Expansion? Did I miss something? Did the BOT not approve the expansion?

I'll hang up and listen.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

AirWarren

Quote from: Golferhog on November 06, 2017, 07:44:35 pm

Heard that's call as well.

She needed to become an asu fan. And find a new team to cheer for.

Think the woman's name was Bowles?

HoggyCat

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 09:03:57 pm
What is wrong with the Stadium Expansion? Did I miss something? Did the BOT not approve the expansion?

I'll hang up and listen.

A $78M project for over 5,000 seats that became $160M for 3,000 seats, to go along with other projects that had significant overruns.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hobhog

Secretary: "Mr. Long, that bat shite crazy Lisa is on the phone again"......

hobhog

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:10:52 pm
A $78M project for over 5,000 seats that became $160M for 3,000 seats, to go along with other projects that had significant overruns.

Going to be awesome. Get over it.

Marshfieldhog

hawgdavis

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 06, 2017, 08:11:51 pm
Because if you hear it on DTS, it MUST be true!

Did little miss liar, er I mean Lisa play said recording? 

Your just a really nice guy, very warm and personable. I can tell this by the posts of yours I have read in several threads tonight. Is your real name Jeff by chance.

HoggyCat

Quote from: hobhog on November 06, 2017, 09:12:00 pm
Going to be awesome. Get over it.

Let me guess, as Long as it's not your money?? Do you realize how much ticket costs are going to increase to cover the $65M difference, and the $80M in interest over 20 years to pay it back?

And do you realize they're still paying on the renovation that took place under Broyles?

Gotta love blind sheep.

farmhawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 06, 2017, 08:14:45 pm
I heard Miss Lisa was working some OT trying to get her hands on a few extra lobsters the past few weeks.  She will do whatever she has to to get the buttery plump she so desires.
Dumpling needs to go so quit beating on a poor old lady. Shameful you take butter beans side.
From theflyinghog

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 08:57:05 pm
Trust me , that is not her!!!

I was at a JHS game earlier this year and a guy asked me if I had ever heard of Ms. Lisa, I said yep, he then said that's Ms. Lisa and Redwolf Rick, or something like that right there, believe us, that's not Ms. Lisa, lol.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:25:45 pm
I was at a JHS game earlier this year and a guy asked me if I had ever heard of Ms. Lisa, I said yep, he then said that's Ms. Lisa and Redwolf Rick, or something like that right there, believe us, that's not Ms. Lisa, lol.

RedWolf Mark.