Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JAK'S DAILY QUESTION AND 2 BITS

Started by hogginuplittlerock, June 23, 2005, 01:35:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogginuplittlerock

HEY WHATS UP EVERYBODY NAME IS JAKE AND AFTER I SAW A POLL ON ARSNONLINE ABOUT THIS BEING THE MOST POPULAR SITE FOR HOG FANS I DECIDED TO CHECK IT OUT AND I LIKE WHAT I SAW-ANYWAYS HERES JAKE'S DAILY QUESTIONS

1_OUT OF THE 3 POSSIBLE STARTING QB'S THIS SEASON WHO IS YOUR PICK AND WHY?

2_ACCORDING TO HOGWIRED.COM MANY FANS SAID THAT THE ALABAMA GAME IS THE KEY GAME THIS YEAR WHILE USC GAME CAME IN 2ND-DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE

3_WHAT IS YOUR DREAM BOWL GAME FOR THE HOGS THIS YEAR? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ARKANSAS SQUARE OFF AGAINST EITHER TEXAS A&M IN THE COTTON BOWL OR OREGON IN THE INDEPENDENCE BOWL

AND FINALLY MY 2 BITS FOR THE DAY-You Know You're From Arkansas If...

Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

"Vacation" means going to a Razorback game.

You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular.

You measure distance in minutes.

You know several people who have hit a deer.

Your school classes were canceled because of heat.

You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

You think ethanol makes your truck "run a lot better."

You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.

Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.

You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.

You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable,grain, or animal. (Example: Watermelon Festival, Chicken

and Egg Festival, Toad Suck Days)

You install security lights on you house and garage and leave them both unlocked.

You carry jumper cables in your car.

You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" is.

You only own 3 spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page, but requires 6 pages for sports.

You think that deer season is a national holiday.

You know which leaves make good toilet paper.

You know if another Arkansan is from North Arkansas or South Arkansas as soon as they open their mouth.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: hogginuplittlerock on June 23, 2005, 01:35:13 am

HEY WHATS UP EVERYBODY NAME IS JAKE AND AFTER I SAW A POLL ON ARSNONLINE ABOUT THIS BEING THE MOST POPULAR SITE FOR HOG FANS I DECIDED TO CHECK IT OUT AND I LIKE WHAT I SAW-ANYWAYS HERES JAKE'S DAILY QUESTIONS

1_OUT OF THE 3 POSSIBLE STARTING QB'S THIS SEASON WHO IS YOUR PICK AND WHY?

2_ACCORDING TO HOGWIRED.COM MANY FANS SAID THAT THE ALABAMA GAME IS THE KEY GAME THIS YEAR WHILE USC GAME CAME IN 2ND-DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE

3_WHAT IS YOUR DREAM BOWL GAME FOR THE HOGS THIS YEAR? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ARKANSAS SQUARE OFF AGAINST EITHER TEXAS A&M IN THE COTTON BOWL OR OREGON IN THE INDEPENDENCE BOWL

First off, welcome to Hogville.  Nice to have the addition to the board.

1) I'd like for it to be Robert Johnson, but I doubt that'll happen.  Cole Barthel will probably, once he gets the rust off, will take over eventually.  I'm a fan of RJ, but sometimes I wonder if he'll be that guy who will come up with ice water in his viens.  One of these three has to get that, and soon

2)  I say Alabama and South Carolina are both them.  Winning at Alabama is always tough.  This year, with a tough Bama team, they need to win this game or play it very close.  That could be the early confidence game.  South Carolina is the other game on the schedule that could go either way, imo.  Some would say Auburn.  But, I have a feeling the "curse" of Auburn will show its head again.  So, that leaves the Gamecocks.  Could be interesting.

3) Bowl match..  Nebraska and Arkansas in the Houston Bowl or Independence Bowl.  Kansas State in Shreveport could be interesting.  We've already had Missouri, so its time for Nebraska.  Penn State or Michigan State in the Music City Bowl.  That would be a new taste.  Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl would be cool -- or Texas A&M.  I think there would be as much hatred leading up to that game as if it were Texas.  Well, not as much, but it would be close.  I think a lot of A&M fans think, even though its not true, that they are above most schools that are in this area -- former SWC and current Big XII/SEC region.  Arkansas won't get picked to the Outback Bowl or Peach Bowl.  Those bowls aren't fond of many SECW teams.  But, the Peach hit Tennessee and failed twice, horribly. 

hogginuplittlerock

thanks for your insight BH! those are some good points you made out- i just like to say when i said USC i was actually talking about southern cal...not south carolina...lol...maybe i should be more specific but thats ok

thanks again

hogsgrl09

hey. nice 2 have u on the board.

i like the "u know ur from arkansas if..." lol. very nice.
c ya later
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

hogginuplittlerock

thanks for having me-i kinda actually like this board-the other hog ones ive been too they usually just complain bout how we don't get any respect in the SEC like we did in the ole SWC days