Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This QB is transferring out of the Big12 (KSU lean)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 10, 2018, 01:30:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pulled(PP)pork

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 10, 2018, 01:30:58 am
#6 Duel threat coming out of H.S.

Sophomore quarterback and former 4-star recruit Shawn Robison will transfer from TCU, according to a report from Jeremy Clark of HornedFrogBlitz.

Against Oklahoma, Robinson played only three series before being replaced by Michael Collins due to injury. TCU head coach Gary Patterson announced on the Tuesday following the Oklahoma loss that Robinson would undergo season-ending shoulder surgery.

Robinson was one of the most decorated prospects in school history after a storied prep career in Texas that included bringing a state title to DeSoto High School. He will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out a year due to transfer rules.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2018/12/9/18133396/report-shawn-robinson-to-transfer-from-tcu
Go Hogs Go!

Supermark101

Someone start a gofundme......i have  $5 to throw at it

Seriously though did he play too much to qualify for a medical redshirt.

jgphillips3

If he didn't have to sit out a year, he might be worth a scholarship.  However, since he can't play next year I'd rather use the scholarship on an OL, LB, RB, DB or someone else who might could play next year and just hope KJ (or Noland) is ready by 2020.

BigSexyHog

He was a disaster at TCU this year.  Not sure he would help even though he has some upside.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

UnknownNobody

Morris and Co didn't offer him out of HS and I can only assume there was a good reason considering he was down the road in Desoto.

ricepig

Quote from: UnknownNobody on December 10, 2018, 07:32:26 am
Morris and Co didn't offer him out of HS and I can only assume there was a good reason considering he was down the road in Desoto.

Yeah, not going to happen, next!

King Kong

Quote from: UnknownNobody on December 10, 2018, 07:32:26 am

They didn't? That's odd considering they had his former HS coach on staff at SMU

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on December 10, 2018, 07:33:38 am
Yeah, not going to happen, next!

You mean we are still in the market for a transfer qb?

a0ashle

I don't see any reason to even look at QBs who can't play right away, and beyond that, if they can't make spring ball they better be special. JMHO

aloha_kid

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

King Kong

King Kong

Quote from: a0ashle on December 10, 2018, 02:16:02 pm
I don't see any reason to even look at QBs who can't play right away, and beyond that, if they can't make spring ball they better be special. JMHO

Well, I assume they will look Grad Transfer first. But of that doesn't workout you have to improve the QB room the best way possible. Even if it means waiting a year

lasthog

For a minute I thought I was going to just cut and paste from the voluminous KB thread. Glad this is a horse of a different color.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: King Kong on December 10, 2018, 04:17:50 pm
Well, very odd considering a GA and our Director of football ops are now following him on Twitter

That only means we MAY be looking, doesn't mean he's coming here. Some of the same people are following Buechele, plus the HC.

I WISH it meant Buechele was coming here, not counting on it just yet..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

King Kong

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 10, 2018, 06:53:17 pm
That only means we MAY be looking, doesn't mean he's coming here. Some of the same people are following Buechele, plus the HC.

I WISH it meant Buechele was coming here, not counting on it just yet..

If you take note of some of the posts I was responding to they were inferring Arkansas would have no interest.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Jim Harris on December 10, 2018, 02:57:01 pm
Not a great decision-maker under duress.
obviously, he chose the Horned Frogs, lol