Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sagarin prediction for our game with S. Car

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 06, 2017, 11:09:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

PorkRinds

If CBB loses this game he's done here. Not now, but in all reality he won't come back from a loss in this game.

jgphillips3

I think we'll probably win.  South Carolina is just as bad as we are but Muschamp makes Bielema look like Saban by Comparison so...

HF#1

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 06, 2017, 11:10:50 am
If CBB loses this game he's done here. Not now, but in all reality he won't come back from a loss in this game.

Rarely does a coach's job actually live and die with one game. If he loses this game but finds a way to dethrone Bama, they gonna fire him? Not to mention his buyout. If Jeff Long has proven anything, he is willing to stay the course as long as he can.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Mo_Better_Hogs

One thing a team has to do is beat the people they're SUPPOSED TO beat. It's a basic 'taking care of business' mentality. Then, it's win a few borderline games, then maybe one you shouldn't win. (But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.)

PorkRinds

Quote from: HF#1 on October 06, 2017, 11:52:17 am
Rarely does a coach's job actually live and die with one game. If he loses this game but finds a way to dethrone Bama, they gonna fire him? Not to mention his buyout. If Jeff Long has proven anything, he is willing to stay the course as long as he can.
You missed my point. I even said not now.  My point was that if he can't win this game, it's likely never going to happen here.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 06, 2017, 11:59:33 am
You missed my point. I even said not now.  My point was that if he can't win this game, it's likely never going to happen here.
I gotcha, my bad. I came to the conclusion against Mizzou last season that it was never going to happen here.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 06, 2017, 11:59:33 am

I agree.  Similar to A$M game...if he wasn't beating them this year, then he's never beating them. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

This game feels very similar to UT game 2 years ago to me.

Big road game against similar talented teams. Us coming of a disappointing start. Needing this game to prevent a meltdown down the stretch.

Hopefully, we can pull this one out as well

Corkscrew Johnson

You guys can't see the forest for the tree.  If we win or lose the South Carolina game?   The Missouri game?  Dudes, we have an athletic director who proclaims himself a marketing guru, but has us wearing the ugliest uniforms since the Greek Evzones battled the Turks in the 1830s.  If you can't get uniforms right, how can you be relied upon to hire a great coach in this hyper-competitive landscape?  Bielema is who he is, that's irrelevant. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on October 06, 2017, 12:44:09 pm
You guys can't see the forest for the tree.  If we win or lose the South Carolina game?   The Missouri game?  Dudes, we have an athletic director who proclaims himself a marketing guru, but has us wearing the ugliest uniforms since the Greek Evzones battled the Turks in the 1830s.  If you can't get uniforms right, how can you be relied upon to hire a great coach in this hyper-competitive landscape?  Bielema is who he is, that's irrelevant.
So.......you're real concern is about the "ugliest uniforms since the Greek Evzones battled the Turks in the 1830s" ???

First of all, I have it on very good and reliable authority the Greeks were actually "pumped" about their threads. In fact, their team captains voted for such, as well as did the entire army. They felt it gave them a distinct edge over the Turks when the latter were totally bedazzled and speechless over their garb.

Secondly, you're saying uniforms, ugly or not, are a major reason we lost those games ???You're saying that whatever we wear really makes that much of a difference in our efforts and performances ???  You're saying that actually has anything to do with the AD's abilities/lack thereof ??? ::)

And for us not seeing the "forest for the trees" I have one interesting suggestion. You step away from one product of the trees-turpentine-by stopping the daily sniffing of such and get yourself checked into a good rehab center. I'm sure there are some HV members who could give you some good recommendations ;) :D ;D 8)

JIHawg

Quote from: HF#1 on October 06, 2017, 11:52:17 am

Jack Crow says hi.  :)

RazorPiggie

October 06, 2017, 01:07:39 pm #12 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:12:13 pm by RazorPiggie
Quote from: King Kong on October 06, 2017, 12:41:59 pm
This game feels very similar to UT game 2 years ago to me.

Big road game against similar talented teams. Us coming of a disappointing start. Needing this game to prevent a meltdown down the stretch.

Hopefully, we can pull this one out as well

I think so too.

GuvHog

Quote from: JIHawg on October 06, 2017, 01:04:45 pm

Jeff Long isn't Frank Broyles by any stretch of the imagination and I don't mean that in a good way when it comes to Jeff Long.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Al Boarland

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 06, 2017, 11:56:40 am
One thing a team has to do is beat the people they're SUPPOSED TO beat. It's a basic 'taking care of business' mentality. Then, it's win a few borderline games, then maybe one you shouldn't win. (But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.)

Uh, it's basically a toss up game. Could go either way.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2017, 01:16:13 pm
Jeff Long isn't Frank Broyles by any stretch of the imagination and I don't mean that in a good way when it comes to Jeff Long.

Uh-huh.  Frank at least gave Jack his one game.  Jeff ran Hootie before he was officially AD and canned Bobby for a traffic accident.  Nutt isn't on Long's account but CBP was even though he wasn't fired for on field performance.

Long's calculus is not about this win or that loss but rather it's about his own career longevity.  Every AD has a limited number of coach firings in his career on the Hill.  Frank had the most at four before he got himself boxed in with Nutt.  Long is on number 2 and when, not if, he pulls the plug on CBB his job figures t be riding on the success of #3.

Tomorrow won't get CBB relived but it could well put him on a path where Long can't salvage another year before Long has to make his own make-or-break hire.

Tusks

Quote from: JIHawg on October 06, 2017, 01:04:45 pm

Well that was when the UA cared about winning football games.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sowmonella on October 06, 2017, 03:55:05 pm
I've never liked the Turks unis.  Cheesy.
Well then you need to thrash this out with Corkscrew. I got the distinct impression with those snide remarks he made about the Greek outfits that he was most definitely more enthralled with the Turk duds. Perhaps it has to do with his apparent love of their fez.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 06, 2017, 04:09:32 pm
Uh, it's basically a toss up game. Could go either way.
Not according to Vegas insiders.  They see it as a 7-10 point Hog win.

"Take the Hogs and the points" is all I'm hearing.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Porkchop#1

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 06, 2017, 11:15:55 am
I think we'll probably win.  South Carolina is just as bad as we are but Muschamp makes Bielema look like Saban by Comparison so...
Wowzie!!  You really think Muskchump is thaaaaat bad?   Good grief!

Hog N Bama

We have an AD that sees everything but winning ball games is important

Calling All Hogs

Dudes, we have an athletic director who proclaims himself a marketing guru, but has us wearing the ugliest uniforms since the Greek Evzones battled the Turks in the 1830s.
Joey, have you ever been in.....a Turkish prison?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 06, 2017, 06:33:15 pm
Joey, have you ever been in.....a Turkish prison?
Surely you jest......and don't call me Shirley.

hassettsportsman

Another OT game and we win by a FG! And we should be wearing the 64 uniforms...not grey not black not kamikaze cowboy!

Ex-Trumpet

I think I'm gonna report this post as I think your account may have been hacked.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BigE_23

I agree and it's what I said in a different thread...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=638889.0

Losing this game would likely start a domino effect that results in a disastrous season. There's a lot riding on this one for Bert.

LZH

Maybe that is why they call it bipolar, because I have this weird feeling that we are either going to whip their ass or get the living hell beat out of us.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 06, 2017, 05:28:28 pm
Not according to Vegas insiders.  They see it as a 7-10 point Hog win.

"Take the Hogs and the points" is all I'm hearing.
Is that right?