Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atmosphere of Excellence

Started by counsellorhog, January 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

counsellorhog

It's clear, if nothing else, that Nick Saban creates and demands adherence to an atmosphere of excellence in all aspects of his football program.  There are no wasted movements.  Everything furthers the goal of winning game after game, until the championship is attained.  Then, he wakes up the next day and starts over.  Ceaseless.

The tone and expectation Saban sets is a near impossible one to meet, but it is the pursuit that produces the results on the field.  If you have to fire your offensive coordinator a week before the national championship game, you do it.  No mercy.  If the team is leading by 30 points in the 4th quarter and you miss an assignment, it very well may mean your scholarship.  The gates of hell will not stop the pursuit.

Does anyone here seriously believe CBB brings that attitude?  Not hardly.  The attitude is one of blowhard, canned, media BS production.  The difference is stark.

There is a reason Alabama is Alabama and others are not.  Put simply, the Hogs aren't tough enough mentally or physically.  Winning enough games to keep a coaching job is the standard.  Playing good enough to keep the coach off your rear appears to be the players' mentality.  When we're up by 20 or so points, we let off rather than push the accelerator harder.  It's Saban's coaching of character, not Xs and Os, that makes them who they are.

Folks, we aren't even close.

factchecker

Our fans are far from excellence as well.

If you want to demand elite results then start with the person in the mirror sir.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

luke hawg

Quote from: counsellorhog on January 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm
It's clear, if nothing else, that Nick Saban creates and demands adherence to an atmosphere of excellence in all aspects of his football program.  There are no wasted movements.  Everything furthers the goal of winning game after game, until the championship is attained.  Then, he wakes up the next day and starts over.  Ceaseless.

The tone and expectation Saban sets is a near impossible one to meet, but it is the pursuit that produces the results on the field.  If you have to fire your offensive coordinator a week before the national championship game, you do it.  No mercy.  If the team is leading by 30 points in the 4th quarter and you miss an assignment, it very well may mean your scholarship.  The gates of hell will not stop the pursuit.

Does anyone here seriously believe CBB brings that attitude?  Not hardly.  The attitude is one of blowhard, canned, media BS production.  The difference is stark.

There is a reason Alabama is Alabama and others are not.  Put simply, the Hogs aren't tough enough mentally or physically.  Winning enough games to keep a coaching job is the standard.  Playing good enough to keep the coach off your rear appears to be the players' mentality.  When we're up by 20 or so points, we let off rather than push the accelerator harder.  It's Saban's coaching of character, not Xs and Os, that makes them who they are.

Yes it's not cherry picking the best talent in the country every year. It's all those intangibles like loving the helmet.

The Boar War

NuttinItUp

Bama is in a class by themselves.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: luke hawg on January 09, 2017, 08:32:49 pm
Yes it's not cherry picking the best talent in the country every year. It's all those intangibles like loving the helmet.

g89888888t, that made me laugh, man...:)
The rest of the frog.

wachhog

I read a story this weekend about how during the game, Sabin is 10 to 20 yards  in front of the action, scouting the opponents' defense and passies suggestions down to his OC based on what he sees.
The guy is in a league by himself as far as brains AND work ethic.
Contrast that with Bielema's involvement on the field.

ballz2thewall

the force is with luke hog; he's won this thread.
The rest of the frog.

The Boar War

Don't get me wrong, Saban's ability to keep churning out National Championships and keeping players hungry is amazing.  But Bama has the best head coach, the best assistant coaches, the best facilities, the best program history, and the best recruiting class year after year.  Alabama is where they should be year after year.

greenEGnHAWGS

I do love all of the comparisons we do with Nick Saban...one of, if not THE best coach in college football history...and our coaching staff. I'm sorry...CBB is not Saban...neither is Gus...nor Meyer...nor Harbaugh...nor (insert any college football coach in the history of the game).

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PonderinHog

And Clemson won't go quietly into the night.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: luke hawg on January 09, 2017, 08:32:49 pm

They don't get all the best talent in the country.  Heck, only seven of the eleven starters on D are projected to be first round NFL picks.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: The Boar War on January 09, 2017, 08:42:41 pm
Don't get me wrong, Saban's ability to keep churning out National Championships and keeping players hungry is amazing.  But Bama has the best head coach, the best assistant coaches, the best facilities, the best program history, and the best recruiting class year after year.  Alabama is where they should be year after year.

Agreed. Its amazing Saban is able to keep the machine going year after year at such a high level. I just keep thinking that whoever comes in after Saban has some big shoes to fill. Going to be very hard to maintain this level of consistency
Let's call those hogs!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: factchecker on January 09, 2017, 08:28:44 pm

If you want to demand elite results then start with the person in the mirror sir.
Fan excuse....check.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Letsroll1200

Saban requires accountability on his team regardless. They have elite talent but they also are discipline and don't make mistakes that will get them beat. Saban is not trying to be buddy buddy with his players.

Pancetta

Saban doesn't seem like a happy guy to me. I hope appearances are deceiving. Be a shame to make it to the top of your profession and you still can't be happy.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Pancetta on January 09, 2017, 10:35:46 pm
Saban doesn't seem like a happy guy to me. I hope appearances are deceiving. Be a shame to make it to the top of your profession and you still can't be happy.

no one at the top of anything is happy.....
The rest of the frog.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 09, 2017, 09:59:08 pm
Saban requires accountability on his team regardless. They have elite talent but they also are discipline and don't make mistakes that will get them beat. Saban is not trying to be buddy buddy with his players.

Damn.... that pass interference by the corner looked like a BIG frekin mistake tonight.  Maybe Saban should be more like Dabo.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: ballz2thewall on January 09, 2017, 10:37:19 pm
no one at the top of anything is happy.....

Dabo looks like a happy/fun guy.

He treats his players like family and friends.   Dabo doesn't make exceptions for starters to carry guns and weed (Cam Robinson) while shipping reserves (Tenpenny) off to UNLV.  Dabo doesn't pull schollies on signing day like the midget.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

mlloyd4

Quote from: counsellorhog on January 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm

Congratulations to Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide... oh wait.
WPS

mlloyd4

Quote from: factchecker on January 09, 2017, 11:32:11 pm
Damn.... that pass interference by the corner looked like a BIG frekin mistake tonight.  Maybe Saban should be more like Dabo.

LOL
WPS

mlloyd4

I am simply amazed by the three 4th quarter TDs all based on picks. How 'Bama didn't prepare for that, how 'Bama didn't adjust for that, hope we use that next year...
WPS

hobhog

Quote from: bacon&eggs on January 09, 2017, 11:42:09 pm
I am simply amazed by the three 4th quarter TDs all based on picks. How 'Bama didn't prepare for that, how 'Bama didn't adjust for that, hope we use that next year...

Expect Bama to get that rule changed next year. The atmosphere of excellence was foiled with a fart.....

bennyl08

Quote from: factchecker on January 09, 2017, 08:28:44 pm

Not saying you are wrong, but you normally post with a pretty neutral tone and based on objective facts. Tonight, your posts are very critical and personal and opinionated.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

lasthog

Quote from: bacon&eggs on January 09, 2017, 11:42:09 pm

If hard picks and downfield blocking by receivers on passing plays are now legal, then the rules have been changed.

Maybe it was the Big 12 crew?

bennyl08

Personally I find an atmosphere of excellence to have high wind sheear, veering of winds aloft, high moisture content, and a capping inversion in the boundary layer.

Unless I'm outside. Then an excellent atmosphere is one with high pressure and 65F.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

LZH

A bit dramatic, but the OP makes a damn good point.