Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It doesn't happen overnight.

Started by bell2629, January 09, 2017, 08:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 10, 2017, 06:23:47 pm
I noticed him getting some play time last night. That surprised me.

I can't remember many specifics about his recruiting but do remember he never seriously considered the Hogs.
I wonder why? Cough Burt cough.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

factchecker

Quote from: LSUFan on January 10, 2017, 06:19:59 pm
Can anybody tell me why Burt didn't get Joshua Frazier from across the street from UoA?

Why did LSU lose Cam Robinson to Bama?

Why can't LSU identify a single quarterback talent in Louisiana?

Why did LSU let Dak leave the state?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: LSUFan on January 10, 2017, 06:25:01 pm

Why are you so worried about the Hogs recruiting corndog?

You realize that "Burt" is 2-2 against your beloved swamp-pusssies.

Coach Yaw Yaw is for sure a great recruiter but brain surgeon he isn't.  Ya'll f'd up big time not getting Herman.  You hired a coach who has an overall record of 22-29.... not much better than ol' BURT.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

I watched him a couple of times in high school and wasn't impressed.

Last night I changed my mind. If you are good enough to make plays for Bama then you are good enough to play for the Hogs.

Honestly if I'm not mistaken I don't think he was born here...I heard transplant from another state so he just wasn't really a Hog fan. That's what I remember about it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Saban ran far away from that shithole in BR.   He is forever thankful for Miami.  They gave him a path to escape the corndogs.

Good luck with Coach Yaw Yaw.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

Quote from: LSUFan on January 10, 2017, 06:19:59 pm
Can anybody tell me why Burt didn't get Joshua Frazier from across the street from UoA?

Same reason LSU didn't get Landon Collins or Cam Robinson

factchecker

Damn, LSU lost two kids from the same mom.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 06:43:09 pm
Saban ran far away from that shithole in BR.   He is forever thankful for Miami.  They gave him a path to escape the corndogs.

Good luck with Coach Yaw Yaw.

I would take him over Bielema in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 10, 2017, 06:55:57 pm
I would take him over Bielema in a heartbeat.

I'd rather have Herman or Fleck.  Coach Yaw Yaw did god awful at Ole Miss.  Worse than Bielema is doing here.  He will win more at LSU simply based on the talent level.

Coach Yaw Yaw at Ole Miss:

2005   Ole Miss   3–8   1–7   T–5th (Western)   
2006   Ole Miss   4–8   2–6   T–4th (Western)   
2007   Ole Miss   3–9   0–8   6th (Western)   
Ole Miss:   10–25   3–21
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Mr. Porkleone

Born in '67. Remember my first game in '76. I'm 50 this year and don't know if I'll ever see a National Championship in football. I sure want to. But we lack in many departments. Speed, Speed and Speed and lastly we need more athletes. Have Whaley and 8-10 other studs, but that's not enough.

RedRock

Redhogs

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 06:35:25 pm
Why did LSU lose Cam Robinson to Bama?

Why can't LSU identify a single quarterback talent in Louisiana?

Why did LSU let Dak leave the state?
Funny..race to the bottom. Learn to stay out of family fights [CENSORED] cat.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

LSUFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 10, 2017, 06:37:07 pm
I watched him a couple of times in high school and wasn't impressed.

Last night I changed my mind. If you are good enough to make plays for Bama then you are good enough to play for the Hogs.

Honestly if I'm not mistaken I don't think he was born here...I heard transplant from another state so he just wasn't really a Hog fan. That's what I remember about it.
Thanks Jk. I was just wondering cause the guy was a beast last night.

LSUFan

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 06:57:40 pm
I'd rather have Herman or Fleck.  Coach Yaw Yaw did god awful at Ole Miss.  Worse than Bielema is doing here.  He will win more at LSU simply based on the talent level.

Look at Saban's and Mile's records before they went to LSU.

Now look at Burts after he went to UoA. Kinda make ya want smiley back, don't it?

factchecker

Quote from: LSUFan on January 10, 2017, 08:00:27 pm
Look at Saban's and Mile's records before they went to LSU.

Now look at Burts after he went to UoA. Kinda make ya want smiley back, don't it?

Nope.  Makes me want LSU's talent.  Good lord your program is sad.  How in the hell do you sit on that much NFL talent and not win a national title every other year?  How in the hell are ya'll 2-2 against Burt with that talent?

I laughed and thanked god the day ya'll hired the cajun caveman.  If ya'll would have hired Herman the SEC would have been in a world of trouble.  Little did I know that most coaches rather coach at Texass than LSU.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LSUFan

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 06:36:02 pm
Why are you so worried about the Hogs recruiting corndog?

You realize that "Burt" is 2-2 against your beloved swamp-pusssies.

Coach Yaw Yaw is for sure a great recruiter but brain surgeon he isn't.  Ya'll f'd up big time not getting Herman.  You hired a coach who has an overall record of 22-29.... not much better than ol' BURT.

factchecker

I leave you with this LSUFan.  I know you are mad about last night.  The best coach in LSU's history lost.  And the tigers from the REAL Death Valley won.

It's ok corndog..... don't lose your teeth over it.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LSUFan

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 08:03:31 pm
Nope.  Makes me want LSU's talent.  Good lord your program is sad.  How in the hell do you sit on that much NFL talent and not win a national title every other year?  How in the hell are ya'll 2-2 against Burt with that talent?

I laughed and thanked god the day ya'll hired the cajun caveman.  If ya'll would have hired Herman the SEC would have been in a world of trouble.  Little did I know that most coaches rather coach at Texass than LSU.
38-10

LSUFan

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 08:05:05 pm
I leave you with this LSUFan.  I know you are mad about last night.  The best coach in LSU's history lost.  And the tigers from the REAL Death Valley won.

It's ok corndog..... don't lose your teeth over it.

You won't have to worry about Burt losing a NC game.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Redhogs on January 10, 2017, 07:43:32 am
Because he deserves it. His material is just fine. He has been a massive failure here.

A "massive faliure?"  Um. no.  Try again.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Dirty on January 10, 2017, 07:45:41 am
One coach in ACC

One coach in SEC West

Nuff Said

uhhh.....the ACC also has Jimbo Fisher, Bobby Petrino, Mark Richt, and several other pretty good ones that might move up the list into great coaches. The SEC is down and we're still in the lower third. Burt aint getting it done here. 2 more years to suck it up and deal with it though.

jkstock04

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 06:57:40 pm

We'll now my understanding per Hogville is that you can't judge a coaches record in the first few years. "Dumpster fires" upon arriving and all that. Or is that just if it's a Hog coach?

Besides, I'm doubtful Nutts coaching prowess is how Ole miss was such a good team those first couple of years after coach O's departure. Looked more akin to the luck Nutt fell into coming here on Danny Fords heels.

He has already taken LSU from a 1950s offense to at least a 1990s offense. Im impressed. I think he's a much better coach than people give him credit for. I think he kind of got the shaft at southern cal as well. Be interesting to see how he does.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Redhogs

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on January 10, 2017, 08:23:47 pm
A "massive faliure?"  Um. no.  Try again.
Yea ok...his record just screams success here. Not.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 10, 2017, 09:09:56 pm
We'll now my understanding per Hogville is that you can't judge a coaches record in the first few years. "Dumpster fires" upon arriving and all that. Or is that just if it's a Hog coach?

Besides, I'm doubtful Nutts coaching prowess is how Ole miss was such a good team those first couple of years after coach O's departure. Looked more akin to the luck Nutt fell into coming here on Danny Fords heels.

He has already taken LSU from a 1950s offense to at least a 1990s offense. Im impressed. I think he's a much better coach than people give him credit for. I think he kind of got the shaft at southern cal as well. Be interesting to see how he does.

He hasn't shown so far that he can be a good and successful full time HC. He has proven to be a good Assistant and an excellent Recruiter. We are about to find out if he can be a CEO type of HC and allow his staff to do their jobs under his direction while continuing to be the emotional and spiritual leader of the team. For him, he probably couldn't have fallen into a better situation at a better place, that provides him with the opportunity to be successful.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 10, 2017, 07:07:02 pm
Born in '67. Remember my first game in '76. I'm 50 this year and don't know if I'll ever see a National Championship in football. I sure want to. But we lack in many departments. Speed, Speed and Speed and lastly we need more athletes. Have Whaley and 8-10 other studs, but that's not enough.

I hit the ground in 1965 the last time we won it and I was a baby so I don't remember at thing other than the history I read. Dec 2017 I will be 52 and I starting to doubt I will even see an outright SEC title much less an NC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.