Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It doesn't happen overnight.

Started by bell2629, January 09, 2017, 08:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bell2629

Praise the Lard!

NuttinItUp

After their 2010 season, Dabo had to retool and fired several assistant (including the OC).

Clemson is sure glad they gave him time to retool and adjust after the rocky start. It has paid big dividends for them for being patient.

HiggiePiggy

4-3 year 1
9-4 year 2
6-7 year 3

After that his 4th year to now have been double digit wins. 6 seasons now with double digit wins and 2 national championship game appearances. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jimhog

Hogs running game looks like junior high compared to Alabama. We have jay bird backs and Alabama has bulls.

Sooie71923

If CBB "gets it done" at Arkansas, he should be seen as as good as Saban.

But you can't knock any coach for "not getting it done" @ Arkansas.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Sooie71923 on January 09, 2017, 08:30:07 pm

I'm not asking him to get it done.  All I want is someone that doesn't choke up games in the second half. We blew the last 2 seasons. We even blew some in his first season, but I don't care about that as much as I do the other 3.

Stop standing on the side line staring into space when crap has hit the fan and start coaching your players.  To me it looks like he gives up on them when a team comes back and ties a game or takes a lead.  We don't score very often in the second half of games. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/1st-half-points-per-game

23 in the nation in the first half this year.

First half isn't that bad.  Second half on the other hand.

First half for CBB at Arkansas

2013 101st
2014 22nd
2015 41st
2016 23rd

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/2nd-half-points-per-game

123 in scoring.  Fix that.  We are a bad second half team and it isn't just this year.

He did a better job his first year of scoring in the second half (104th) than in his 4th year here. That needs to be fixed very quick. 

Second half scoring
2013 104th
2014 103rd
2015 64th
2016 123rd

So please do me a favor and start playing the second half next season.

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hogeration

I'm guessing this is sarcasm.

bennyl08

Quote from: jimhog on January 09, 2017, 08:27:36 pm
Hogs running game looks like junior high compared to Alabama. We have jay bird backs and Alabama has bulls.

That's why RW3 led the SEC in rushing I suppose.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dabo looks and sounds like a coach.  Fire in Belly, check.  Involved in the game and shows it, check.  Sets high expectations for his players and is there to HELP them gain those expectations, check.  Has hired assistants that are good and has his staff working like a team, check.  Keeps his mouth shut except when directly addressing his team, check.  Appearance looks like a coach, a coach who hasn't just got home from the bar, check.  Nope, nothing similar here to our situation.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on January 09, 2017, 09:17:41 pm
Dabo looks and sounds like a coach.  Fire in Belly, check.  Involved in the game and shows it, check.  Sets high expectations for his players and is there to HELP them gain those expectations, check.  Has hired assistants that are good and has his staff working like a team, check.  Keeps his mouth shut except when directly addressing his team, check.  Appearance looks like a coach, a coach who hasn't just got home from the bar, check.  Nope, nothing similar here to our situation.

Bret wears his windbreaker to the bar, only you could come up with that, lol.

island hog

You have a fixation on directly and indirectly bashing Beliema at every opportunity. It's old and the more you pound the desk with your mantra, the less significance it has.   Come up with some new material.... 

PonderinHog

Quote from: island hog on January 09, 2017, 09:22:53 pm
You have a fixation on directly and indirectly bashing Beliema at every opportunity. It's old and the more you pound the desk with your mantra, the less significance it has.   Come up with some new material....
Needs a new coach.

farmhawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 09:22:31 pm
Bret wears his windbreaker to the bar, only you could come up with that, lol.
That was a reach.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LSUFan

Joshua Frazier
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

LSUFan

Did you notice Saban TALKING to his players tonight? Specifically the defense? On the sideline?

What a foreign concept.

BigE_23

I wonder if during his 4th year at Clemson Dabo lost by 53 to a divisional rival??

These comparisons are grasping at straws and don't even come close to what we are dealing with at Arkansas.

PonderinHog

factchecker

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 10, 2017, 12:54:54 am
I wonder if during his 4th year at Clemson Dabo lost by 53 to a divisional rival??

Not quite.

Got beat 70 to 33 in the Orange Bowl by West Virginia to finish his 4th year.  I think that was the game that got Kevin Steele fired.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigE_23

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 01:01:02 am
Not quite.

Got beat 70 to 33 in the Orange Bowl by West Virginia to finish his 4th year.  I think that was the game that got Kevin Steele fired.

The key here is "IN THE ORANGE BOWL" and it would appear that He made the right adjustments...

Funny that he fired his DC for poor performance and didn't wait for him to find another job.

factchecker

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 10, 2017, 01:17:50 am
The key here is "IN THE ORANGE BOWL" and it would appear that He made the right adjustments...

Funny that he fired his DC for poor performance and didn't wait for him to find another job.

Depends on who you ask:

QuoteClemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele told ESPN.com he has been fired after three seasons, but coach Dabo Swinney and the university are sticking to their statement that Steele was not fired and he is leaving to pursue other coaching opportunities.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7455008/kevin-steele-clemson-tigers-defensive-coordinator
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jonteviosk

Here we go folks another Burt Beliema supporter and proponent of mediocrity.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Shrevepork

You are so right.

SardisHog

Their passing game makes ours look like the Patriots. If Sabin knew how to use a passing QB and WRs they would be unstoppable.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

RagingHawgOn

Ridiculous statement. On second thought, it's not ridiculous, it's just damn stupid.

HawgcallWPS

Because 4 national championships and 85 percent overall win percentage aren't unstoppable enough.

Redhogs

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 09, 2017, 08:21:39 pm
Dabo went 6-7 in year 2. Bret went 7-6 in year 4. By year 3 Dabo was winning 10 games and hasn't won less than 10 since. Playing in his second title game. We are going into year 5 just HOPING to make the liberty bowl. They are not anywhere close on coaching level. Bret has proven he cant get it done and wont. His buyout is just too big to get rid of him right now.
Correct. Some don't let the facts get in their way.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

gawntrail

Quote from: SardisHog on January 10, 2017, 07:30:18 am
Their passing game makes ours look like the Patriots. If Sabin knew how to use a passing QB and WRs they would be unstoppable.

He hired the guy that does.... and, he let him go before the championship game.  Whatever the inside story is, Sark is no Kiffin. 

It's hard to get to the top.  It's harder to stay there.  Clemson executed their game plan.  Powered through some mistakes and when the time was right each player hung it out there.  It paid off. 

Bama appeared to be the team you drag into the deep water and then see if you even the odds out there.  Clemson did it in the last seconds.  Great game.  Lots of back story.  Overall, I believe a great year for CFB. 

Clemson beating Bama is light years better than Ohio State beating Bama. 

Now to see how we 'address' Hog Football and our current state of affairs.....

Redhogs

Because he deserves it. His material is just fine. He has been a massive failure here.

Dirty

One coach in ACC

One coach in SEC West

Nuff Said

Hogwild

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 09, 2017, 09:04:09 pm
That's why RW3 led the SEC in rushing I suppose.

he finished 3rd in the conference

Redhogs

Thank-you. You would think anyone who watches college football would see this, so obvious. Bert's great on reality TV though.

Redhogs

Quote from: Dirty on January 10, 2017, 07:45:41 am
One coach in ACC

One coach in SEC West

Nuff Said
One's a winner, one's a loser....nuff said.

Dirty

Quote from: Redhogs on January 10, 2017, 07:48:51 am
One's a winner, one's a loser....nuff said.

I'm now in the anti-CBB crowd!  I just don't think you can compare the the two on the years of service and their records at the same time.

go hogues

...but it happens quicker in a state like South Carolina, which produces a ton of talent and can also draw from Atlanta, Charlotte and Virginia, all nearby.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

One reason I keep sounding off on the same subject matter is that its the truth.  Honestly, we may need another coach to reach our full potential, we DO NOT need another coach to get far better than we are.  We need this coach to get off his duff and go coach the hell out of the team he has.  Now, do you already know why or do I need to tell you once again for the 50th time.  Hey to save me time, please, just read my first post in this thread again and let it sink in.  If you don't understand what coaching looks like, go watch the NC game of last night over and over.  You will see more HC coaching and staff coaching done in that game than you will see at Arkansas in a full season under BB.  For you slow folks, keep watching last nights game until you can grasp the art of COACHING, then simply apply it to our coaching.  Once you've got it, if ever, come back on here say in about 6 months with a clearer understanding of the game of football.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: go hogues on January 10, 2017, 08:31:50 am
...but it happens quicker in a state like South Carolina, which produces a ton of talent and can also draw from Atlanta, Charlotte and Virginia, all nearby.
Yes on Charlotte and Atlanta, certainly true. And the best players on the team were from Georgia, where Clemson got them over UGa. A trend that is still continuing.

Of course, Arkansas has access to recruits in Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas....

hawgsalot

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 10, 2017, 01:17:50 am

Oh yeah move the goal post to make yourself sound smart.  If we got beat down by that in a bowl game you would be screaming from the mountain top lol. 

Snouty

Going on five years isn't overnight.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on January 10, 2017, 09:53:31 am
One reason I keep sounding off on the same subject matter is that its the truth.  Honestly, we may need another coach to reach our full potential, we DO NOT need another coach to get far better than we are.  We need this coach to get off his duff and go coach the hell out of the team he has.  Now, do you already know why or do I need to tell you once again for the 50th time.  Hey to save me time, please, just read my first post in this thread again and let it sink in.  If you don't understand what coaching looks like, go watch the NC game of last night over and over.  You will see more HC coaching and staff coaching done in that game than you will see at Arkansas in a full season under BB.  For you slow folks, keep watching last nights game until you can grasp the art of COACHING, then simply apply it to our coaching.  Once you've got it, if ever, come back on here say in about 6 months with a clearer understanding of the game of football.

The reason no one takes you seriously is because what you're calling THE TRUTH is actually something you've MADE UP, or better yet, pulled from your posterior. You've come up with annarrative and pretend it's factual while riding it into the ground.

code red

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 10, 2017, 12:54:54 am

These comparisons are grasping at straws and don't even come close to what we are dealing with at Arkansas.
Agreed....I think Auburn ended up ranked something like #33 in the Nation???  Should never happen.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

NuttinItUp

Quote from: go hogues on January 10, 2017, 08:31:50 am
South Carolina produces more talent, but they also have 2 Power-5 schools in their state (SC and Clemson) unlike us.

Also, they are close to places like Atlanta & Charlotte, but Fayetteville is close to places like Dallas, Tulsa, and Kansas City.

factchecker

Quote from: Hogwild on January 10, 2017, 07:47:21 am
he finished 3rd in the conference

After bowls.

I think the poster was referencing RWIII leading the SEC during the regular season.

You better believe if RWIII finished 2nd regular season but 1st after bowls you'd be screaming: "dat don't count....nope dat don't count....bowls are worthless."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

S.A.D.C

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 10, 2017, 09:56:55 am
Yes on Charlotte and Atlanta, certainly true. And the best players on the team were from Georgia, where Clemson got them over UGa. A trend that is still continuing.

Of course, Arkansas has access to recruits in Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas....

Of course: it is a 2 hr drive from Clemson to Atlanta and it's a 2 hr drive from Clemson to Charlotte.  Just because those states border Arkansas doesn't mean it is the same as Clemson/GA.  People need to think radius not just border.   

Calling All Hogs

I hope CBB comes alive and starts winning big at Arkansas especially since he is here for the next two years or so regardless of what he does. 

hogsanity

if you put Bama's players, Clemsons players and Arkansas players all in generic uniforms and just lined them up, someone who knows nothing about football would pick bamas players or clemsons players to kill the hogs players.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bell2629 on January 09, 2017, 08:13:23 pm
http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/it-doesn-t-happen-overnight-former-clemson-ad-phillips-stuck/article_e64e0bda-d43c-11e6-8000-dfd1deec0887.html

Thought this was interesting. Dunno how similar or dissimilar you might find it to our situation.

We been lead down the prime rose path every since Lou Holtz left  We are still rebuilding from those 10 win seasons and titles that Ken Hatfield won also.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Paul

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 10, 2017, 12:32:46 pm
We been lead down the prime rose path every since Lou Holtz left  We are still rebuilding from those 10 win seasons and titles that Ken Hatfield won also.
Yeah, but they didn't have to play in the SEC.  Big difference!  When Holtz's team played Bama in the 80 Sugar Bowl, I was in the stands & was amazed how much bigger their players were.  Still are

Hogwild

Quote from: factchecker on January 10, 2017, 12:04:09 pm
After bowls.

I think the poster was referencing RWIII leading the SEC during the regular season.

You better believe if RWIII finished 2nd regular season but 1st after bowls you'd be screaming: "dat don't count....nope dat don't count....bowls are worthless."

No, I wouldn't.  I would be happy that one of our players won the title.   I go by how the NCAA determines the winner. I don't change to the rules to fit my agenda.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=625202.msg10641930#msg10641930

QuoteWhile I was pulling for LSU to throttle Petrino,  I was disappointed that Guice passed by RWIII for the SEC rushing title

LSUFan

Can anybody tell me why Burt didn't get Joshua Frazier from across the street from UoA?

jkstock04

Quote from: LSUFan on January 10, 2017, 06:19:59 pm
Can anybody tell me why Burt didn't get Joshua Frazier from across the street from UoA?
I noticed him getting some play time last night. That surprised me.

I can't remember many specifics about his recruiting but do remember he never seriously considered the Hogs.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys