Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama v Clemson who you got?

Started by LRRandy, January 09, 2017, 07:00:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

LZH

The game is being played 10 miles from my house. I would love to go, but I'm without a ticket.....and apparently without any friends.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2017, 03:24:00 pm
The game is being played 10 miles from my house. I would love to go, but I'm without a ticket.....and apparently without any friends.
Come down to BWW and watch it!  I won't be there, but...

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

No Bama love here.

Go Tigers!!!

:razorback: :razorback:   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

alohawg

Clemson wins the turnover battle and hangs on late in another thriller 37- 33.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

userpick

Youngsta71701

Quote from: alohawg on January 09, 2017, 03:43:47 pm
Clemson wins the turnover battle and hangs on late in another thriller 37- 33.
I doubt this. Watson has been a turnover machine this year. Alabama's defense might score more than Clemson's offense.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

RaisinHog

This Watson leads the nation in pics .. no way he doesn't have a couple in this game .. and that is no way to beat bama

EastexHawg

I've thought about this pick all week and for the first time ever I'm going to pick against Saban and Bama in a championship game.  College football is overwhelmingly a game of who has the best QB.  Alabama has been the exception to that rule because of the dominance of their defense, and that may well be the case again tonight.  But...you gotta pick someone and I'm going with the best QB and Clemson.  Bama isn't as dominant running the football this year and Clemson's defense was disruptive against Ohio State.  If they can make Hurts pass the ball to beat them I think they have a good chance.

BassinHawg

Clemson, to much drama in Saban's house this week! Hope I am wrong he gets out of Dodge!

Clemson 31
Bama 20
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

longpig

January 09, 2017, 06:24:46 pm #60 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:55:43 pm by longpig
Vrable Defense stymies Sark Offense early.  Saban goes ape$hit on Sark pre intemission and commandeers Offense.  Sark opts to spend rest of game/life at local bar.   Bama D saves the night.  Bama 17-10. 
Sark happy in drunk and hooker friendly Tampa. 
Never leaves.
Don't be scared, be smart.

The Great Hambino

Rooting for Bama to get one more, and one step closer to retirement for Saban.

Cylinder

In my mind, this game is a pick. The score to beat is 31.

ETA:

Alabama - 38
Clemson - 24

longtimeHogfan

Until someone says otherwise Alabama remains the best.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

LRRandy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 09, 2017, 03:55:59 pm
I doubt this. Watson has been a turnover machine this year. Alabama's defense might score more than Clemson's offense.
if Bamas D doesn't score they might have a hard time winning.
This is fun, isn't it.

ronmahony

I expect Bama to win but won't be heartbroken if they lose, always been an underdog guy.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

IMABIELEMA

Clemson wins big.  ACC > SEC this year by far and ALABAMA is very suspect on the back end of their defense.  Clemson with the better QB & star WR is not a good matchup for Bama. Add to that Bama's really average offense and it spells out blowout.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

factchecker

Mike Defee is reffing this game.  There is a good chance for blown calls.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dr. Starcs

This camera angle sucks.

And mike defee is gonna need new sleeves.

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Bo!  LK kept him from Heisman. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogz87

How does Alabama continually get away with crap no one else gets away with?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

One of these Clemson players needs to crack one of these refs in the damn head with a helmet.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dr. Starcs

Saban is untouchable.

But don't worry, most of hogville will cheer for them.

Hogz87

I've also seen a couple of other plays where there was a pretty obvious late hit go uncalled where a Bama player came flying in well after the play was over and laid an extra hit on a Clemson player.

kodiakisland

Alabama privilege is a real thing.  That would have been an ejection for most teams.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 09, 2017, 07:47:19 pm
Alabama privilege is a real thing.  That would have been an ejection for most teams.
Along with the hold that wasn't called on the TD run.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogz87

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2017, 08:01:18 pm
Hurts looks awful throwing.
Who cares? 1st and 99.  Bama drives another nail...

factchecker

Quote from: Hogz87 on January 09, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
So Jalen Hurts kinda sucks.

No.

Hyperbole is crazy around here.

Clemson has a great defense with a great DC calling the shots.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

kodiakisland

Quote from: factchecker on January 09, 2017, 08:04:40 pm
No.

Hyperbole is crazy around here.

Clemson has a great defense with a great DC calling the shots.

Clemson D uses different fronts and looks, as well as bringing pressure from different spots, on almost every play.  Something our D never did.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogz87 on January 09, 2017, 07:43:16 pm
How does Alabama continually get away with crap no one else gets away with?

Because they're Alabama.  Try that in another jersey and you're packing up your stuff in the locker room.

factchecker

Quote from: The Boar War on January 09, 2017, 08:06:58 pm
Because they're Alabama.  Try that in another jersey and you're packing up your stuff in the locker room.

Ask Coley.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ronmahony

Yeah Scarborough better be on his game tonight, Hurts not looking too good.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ronmahony on January 09, 2017, 08:09:24 pm
Yeah Scarborough better be on his game tonight, Hurts not looking too good.
Hard to get much on a throw when you're running for your life.

BigoBoys

Watching the game on the SEC network.  It is way different, very few commercials, Coach from Florida on brings a different take on the game.  Check it out

longpig

Quote from: The Boar War on January 09, 2017, 08:06:58 pm

Oh please, refs don't GAF either way.  Those calls were nowhere near what would be considered a defenseless player.  And how do you explain that early hands to the face call against Bama?
Don't be scared, be smart.

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit Hog

A week ago I told Hogville to bet the under.  Hope some of you degenerates listened.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRRandy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 09, 2017, 07:46:03 pm
Saban is untouchable.

But don't worry, most of hogville will cheer for them.
true. And that has always puzzled me.
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 09, 2017, 08:18:34 pm
A week ago I told Hogville to bet the under.  Hope some of you degenerates listened.
Under what?

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 09, 2017, 08:18:34 pm

I was too busy setting the edge to hear you.

Biggus Piggus

So Clemson's strategy is to stop the pass? Bama's got 8 yards per carry so far.
[CENSORED]!

The Boar War

Quote from: longpig on January 09, 2017, 08:12:42 pm
Oh please, refs don't GAF either way.  Those calls were nowhere near what would be considered a defenseless player.  And how do you explain that early hands to the face call against Bama?

I didn't say they get away with everything.  But they do get away with more than other teams.

PonderinHog

There was false start in the backfield on that TD.

LRHawg