Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles

Started by ThinPiggy, December 30, 2016, 07:57:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinPiggy

Les Miles is still available, what do ya think? I hear Jeff Long knows him pretty well.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm dumber for entering this thread.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hollywood870

Would be a prototypical Jeff Long hire. Go ahead and lock him down for 15 years with an asinine buyout and we're in business.

SquidBilly

No, no, no, no, and no.  We beat LSU on a pretty regular basis because he was there.  If you can beat them you don't ask them to come over and lead you.

ThinPiggy

Les won a BCS Championship in 2008 and knows SEC football. It seems to me he's the most qualified candidate out there if CBB goes, but a lot of our fans don't love Les.

JOKERHOG

I still think BB is LM illegimate son.  Wouldn't hire either one of them if they were the last coaches on earth
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Ironhawg

Quote from: ThinPiggy on December 30, 2016, 07:57:00 pm
Les Miles is still available, what do ya think? I hear Jeff Long knows him pretty well.

Come on Les.  You're better than this!

Scott7703

Quote from: Wildhog on December 30, 2016, 08:00:55 pm
Not no, but hell no.

Is he that much worse than what we currently have?

pigture perfect

Wouldn't be a bad D Coordinator.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PossumFan

I remained a Redskins fan IN SPITE of the hiring of Spurrier as head coach and just waited out his inevitable failure. However, I'm afraid if the Hogs hired Miles, I'd have to be done ... and I've been a Razorback fan for more than 50 years.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

East Clintwood

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 30, 2016, 09:47:59 pm

Is he that much worse than what we currently have?

No, no worse.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

oldgoat

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 30, 2016, 09:41:59 pm
Come on Les.  You're better than this!

Thank you for my first laugh of the day, at 10:35pm.
Hoglady: "Some things in life are only a big deal when you make them a big deal."

hog of steele

Will he pay us 15 million to coach here? Because that is the only way this works out.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ThinPiggy on December 30, 2016, 07:57:00 pm

Don't drink so much before you post.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ThinPiggy on December 30, 2016, 08:08:12 pm
Les won a BCS Championship in 2008 and knows SEC football. It seems to me he's the most qualified candidate out there if CBB goes, but a lot of our fans don't love Les.
How many accounts do you have?

PonderinHog

ADavisTheGOAT

He couldn't win with 5 stars. What makes you think he can win with 3 stars?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

kp72204

LSU(school) recruits itself. He would recruit about as well as everyone else has. Remember this is the end of the world.

Hoggish1

LMAO... What would the fool eat?

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

radar

Les might make a good AD..

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

just for the meltdown here, Les for HC with HDN for OC
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/817427472597876738

Quote"I probably had as much fun as anything when I was at Colorado watching Bill McCartney orchestrate a build," Miles said Friday morning at Jamal Adams' NFL declaration press conference. "After that, when I went to Oklahoma State, I was fortunate to be with some assistant coaches and players who wanted to win for the first time. Then we took the next step. But I think there's always, it's more the relationship with the players and then to increase the wins and to win championships. I think we can do that in a lot of places."

Miles returned to LSU's athletic administration building Friday, four months after he was fired as LSU's head coach and replaced by Ed Orgeron. Still unemployed, Miles is actively looking for jobs, but said he's enjoying the time spent with his family as well...

Miles doesn't want to abandon his life as a coach, but he doesn't want to rush into a job he doesn't fit either.

"It's something that I want to do, but you want an athletic director and a person that want you," Miles said. "If they don't want you, then you're good."

Miles has missed out on a few notable job opportunities this offseason.

He might be 63 years old, but he's still a football coach.

"I'm a coach," Miles said. "I have so much experience with the things that I've done that it's hard for me to put that behind me. In other words, I don't know how to [be in the media]. But I can [coach]."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/bigahickey/status/818612137572630528

Quote"I'm a coach," Miles insisted Friday...

Miles' interaction with the media after Jamal Adams' press conference to declare for the NFL draft only further proved that The Mad Hatter's most promising future is behind a microphone. The assembled media came to see Adams speak, but we stayed for Les.

Miles is the one clear heir apparent to Lee Corso as the lovable, quirky old coach who steals the show on ESPN's college football anchor program, College GameDay.

As with most of Miles' public interactions, Friday's devolved into a piece of unintentional performance art.

When asked about his interest in doing TV work next season, Miles grabbed a reporter's recorder, then unknowingly held it upside down for unintended comedic effect while mimicking an interview with a different reporter.

"Does this look good?" Miles asked sheepishly.

It didn't just look good. It looked like solid gold.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net