Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama hiring "Cutty" Sark

Started by Kevin, September 04, 2016, 07:21:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Sarkiasian has special assistant   Amazing
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

King Kong

He knows Football. But we all know that hasn't been his issue

factchecker

Quote from: Kevin on September 04, 2016, 07:21:56 pm
Sarkiasian has special assistant   Amazing

Rich get richer but they better keep the bar stocked.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sivad

Whose next - Gilbert Baker as lobbyist?

tannerstahl

..out there that we could hire as an analyst?! Lol seems to work for Alabama

Wooo Pig
i love the hogs....so very very much

ricepig

Quote from: tannerstahl on September 05, 2016, 01:07:29 pm

Wooo Pig

He makes #21 in their analyst/player development department, lol.

tannerstahl

Quote from: tannerstahl on September 05, 2016, 01:07:29 pm

Wooo Pig

We = Razorbacks ..therefore HOG related..not sec sports, I guess mentioning another school warrants a thread be moved ...I'll never completely understand the rules here smh
i love the hogs....so very very much

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Sivad on September 04, 2016, 07:37:00 pm
Whose next - Gilbert Baker as lobbyist?
Jim Bob Duggar as Abstinence Counselor

PP

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 05, 2016, 03:39:22 pm
Now on a serious note, say what you will about these hires but Kiffin has sure worked out well.  Originally, I thought he was coming to Tuscaloosa to redeem himself, get his head straight, and ease back into the head coaching ranks at some point down the line. 

It now seems to be a growing possibility that Kiffin is looking to stay at Alabama until Saban decides to retire.  Whether he can recruit like Saban remains to be seen, but he's done a fine job in developing the offensive talent at Alabama.   
He is an OC. The hits are coming because the man stockpiles special assistants out of all the ex head coaches that can't get on tv. I am VERY surprised that ole Hooter isn't their "motivation" coach.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/KevinScarbinsky/status/772869240663801856

QuoteScarblog: OC in Waiting

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

A former offensive coordinator and head coach from USC who'd been fired by the Trojans stops by the Alabama football program just to consult. Sure, he has some baggage, but he also has a beautiful offensive mind.

Steve Sarkisian followed Lane Kiffin as the USC head coach. Could Nick Saban be grooming Sarkisian to follow Kiffin as the Alabama offensive coordinator?

That's probably premature. Bringing in Sarkisian as an offensive analyst is more likely one of those "for now" decisions Saban has come to love, but the head coach also has one eye on the program's future at all times.

If Sarkisian fits in well in the football building, if he adds something to an organization already overflowing with talented and experienced staff members, if he handles his personal issues and if Kiffin finds the right head coaching job at season's end, it could make perfect sense for Saban to promote Sarkisian from within.

Given the way true freshman Jalen Hurts played off the bench in the 52-6 destruction of USC, given that Hurts and redshirt freshman Blake Barnett played all the significant snaps, it seems almost certain Alabama will have a returning starting quarterback in 2017 for the first time since AJ McCarron in 2013.

Why not see if Sarkisian can develop a positive relationship with those young quarterbacks and adapt to The Process just in case?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
‏@wesrucker247

Overhead shot of an Alabama football staff meeting...

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/773506406951579649

Quote"Najee was cool with coach Sarks," a source close to Harris' recruitment told SEC Country. "Coach Sarks is a really good person. We knew he had a drinking problem when he was at USC, but Najee and I have nothing but love for coach Sarks."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/781679497431097344

Quote"What Steve has really added is, he's very, very well-organized," Saban said during his weekly radio show on Thursday. "I think he has helped organize some of the meetings and just kind of the way we sort of put things together. That has helped the other coaches do a better job of coaching their players through just organizational and administrative stuff in terms of how we do things. I think that's what he's really, really good at. He's done a really good job of that."

Sarkisian was hired at Alabama as an analyst earlier this month. Sarkisian has been spotted in the press box for Alabama since joining the staff.

Saban said he's learned some things from Sarkisian so far.

"Steve has certainly brought some good ideas for us, and helped us a lot," Saban said.

"We're going to continue to help him in his program as an organization and we'll support him and he has an opportunity," Saban said when he announced Sarkisian was joining Alabama's staff. "But I think he understands the consequences that he deals with professionally if he has any issues or problems. We're glad to have him as part of the organization. Hopefully he'll be able to get back on his feet professionally and this will be beneficial to him."

Sarkisian replaced current Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin as Trojans coach after Kiffin was fired in 2013.

jbcarol

Steve Sarkisian, one of the most experienced members of Nick Saban's Alabama staff, will be paid $35,000 this season as an offensive analyst (below minimum wage)

QuoteWhile his salary is a major drop-off from what he was making at USC -- he reportedly made $4.25 million annually -- it is in line with what other analysts are making at Alabama.

"I think what Steve has really added is he's very well organized," Saban said on his weekly "Hey Coach!" radio show. "I think he's helped organize, whether it's some of the meetings or the way we sort of put things together, that has really helped the other coaches coach their players.

Sarkisian filed a $30 million wrong termination lawsuit against USC claiming the school dismissed him last October instead of allowing him to seek alcohol treatment. He reportedly showed up to a booster event and team meetings drunk, according to ESPN. He later sought treatment for alcoholism and is expected to continue to do so in Alabama.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/810158072857587712

Quotehe's overqualified to be Alabama's next offensive coordinator. It's the off-field concerns that led to his firing at USC and leads to reasonable questions about the future.

Just over a year ago, Sarkisian was dismissed from a career-culminating job with the Trojans. His abuse of alcohol led to a well-publicized departure from one of the traditional college football powers.

This was much different from Lane Kiffin's airport firing when the wins weren't coming.

Nick Saban has recruited players in the past who he said deserves a second chance. Those sentiments weren't expressed Friday discussing Sarkisian's promotion, though he sounded confident in his outlook with the Crimson Tide.

"I wouldn't have anybody in this organization that I didn't have total faith, trust and confidence in that they would do a good job with our players," Saban said. "This guy is part of our family now and we're going to help him be successful every way we can. That's in his life as well as a coach. That's what we have to say about that and what I'd like to focus on here today is this game and our team."

Sarkisian was fired in October 2014, a day after it was announced he was taking a leave of absence. USC players told ESPN that their coach came drunk to the football facility on a Sunday. Trojan AD Pat Hayden told reporters Sarkisian was told to leave the complex when it was clear he was "not healthy."

"We want to be supportive," Saban said. "I think a lot of us have had issues somewhere in our life or in our family, and we want to be very supportive. He has been very diligent about what he's trying to do to do the right things in terms of his life, and we're going to continue to support him and help him.

"He wants to do it, and we want to help him do it, and we're going to do it any way that we can. He did a good job for us for a long time here and that's what made me feel confident that the guy was ready to do this."

Before September, Sarkisian's coaching career never left the west coast.

Kiffin came to Alabama three years ago after an unceremonious firing from USC. His time with the Tide included three SEC Championships and corresponding playoff trips.

He'll hand things off to his old friend and co-worker who steps into the next step in his career revitalization project.

Saban said Sarkisian will have access to all the support he wants with the program.

"I'm talking about professionals - which has been in place since the guy came here," Saban said. "And we're going to continue to do that. Those people are going to help him the best that we can. We have players that need help, we have players that need support, we have people in our family who we are going to always help everybody that has issues or problems.

"I'll say it again, I would not have anybody in this organization that I didn't have confidence in that they would do a good job for our players. And that's how the decision gets made."

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 24, 2017, 06:42:39 am
LOL!

Uh, no. Much too slimey.

Look for an appearance on the Plains...  8)

Could take the Trooper Taylor role.  Has experience.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/889539438698692610

QuoteScarblog: So who will be the first kind soul to lift up the fallen Hugh Freeze - Nick Saban or Gus Malzahn?

It would make sense for Saban to add Freeze to his army of analysts because no coach has given the Alabama coach more fits. Freeze beat Saban in 2014 and 2015 and took a serious run at a three-peat last season.

After Alabama shut out Ole Miss in 2013, the Rebels came back to hang 23 and 43 points to beat the Tide in 2014 and 2015 victories and 43 more points in last year's Alabama comeback victory.

Part of Saban's genius is his willingness to learn from past mistakes and defeats. While he's already hired former Ole Miss offensive coordinator Dan Werner as an analyst, Freeze was the boss of the Ole Miss operation, which was the biggest threat to Alabama within the conference the last three years.

Despite Freeze's personal and professional failings, Saban has the clout to forgive and forget.

Malzahn has a more personal reason to reach out to Freeze and help him in his hour of need. The two men are friends. It's interesting in hindsight to remember that their friendship was the basis of the last question asked of the Auburn coach during his SEC Media Days session in the big interview room.

The question: "Gus, I know you're pretty good friends with Hugh Freeze. He's obviously got a challenging situation where they can't play for a title or a bowl game. How do you think he's going to handle that?"

Malzahn's answer: "You know, I mean, Hugh is one of my good friends in this business. He's one of the good guys in college football. And you know, they're going to be extremely talented on offense, and their new
defensive coordinator was our co-defensive coordinator last year, so I expect them to have a very good team."

Of course, that was before Houston Nutt forced Freeze to resign.

Freeze doesn't look like one of the good guys in college football, but real friendship shouldn't be situational. One of Malzahn's primary tasks as the Auburn coach is trying to beat Alabama.

Who knows more about that subject - and happens to be out of work at the moment -

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on July 24, 2017, 06:54:44 am
Could take the Trooper Taylor role.  Has experience.

Yep! May even be brought on as a "consultant".

If Chip Lindsey fails, having Freeze available to step in might even save Gus' job.

Also, Freeze has experience in the $y$tem, albeit an inferior one to awbern's... 8)