Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU's Mike the Tiger

Started by jbcarol, May 23, 2016, 09:25:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

LSUFan

Look Up "Tiger:Spy in the Jungle" on Netflix. It's an awesome series following a mother of four cubs over about a 2 year period in India.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

jbcarol

LSUFan

Quote from: jbcarol on June 19, 2016, 08:31:34 am
https://twitter.com/theadvocatebr/status/744306050204114945
A Bengal tiger has a territory range of about 1,000 sq miles in the wild. I thinks it is cruel to cage one.

Dr. Starcs

Not as cruel as keeping it in Baton Rouge

LSUFan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 21, 2016, 08:58:09 am
Not as cruel as keeping it in Baton Rouge
1/2 mile from the hood.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/749985189158391809

QuoteInstagram account for the mascot posted a photo of Mike VI, who has been battling a rare form of cancer, with a drawing of the United States decorated with stars and stripes

LSUFan

jb

I appreciate the updates.

jbcarol

LSUFan

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

LSUFan

It's been hard to be in BR this year.

DeltaBoy

Mike sick and all this flooding I really feel for our Neighbors to the due South.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Dr. Starcs

The real suffering is watching Lsu's passing game another year.

Get better Mike.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

LSUFan

Damn beautiful animal, please don't capture another one.

holeinthewall

QuoteWe will not allow Mike to suffer," Dr. Dave Baker said in a statement. "We will monitor him closely every day and will humanely euthanize him when the time comes. This is about treating Mike with dignity, compassion and respect."

They sure didn't feel that way about Les.

LSUFan

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 05, 2016, 04:21:31 pm

They sure didn't feel that way about Les.
$16 mil buyout is suffering?

Dr. Starcs

I thought this was gonna be about orgeron.

LSUFan

hogb

October 06, 2016, 08:53:32 pm #76 Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:06:15 pm by hogb
I never watch the news but my mom does. She just called me. Said that Tusk sent him flowers.  I thought that was a pretty cool thing to do.  Was back in May but apparently hitting the news again tonight. Thought it worth mentioning.

http://5newsonline.com/2016/05/26/tusk-sends-get-well-flowers-to-lsus-mascot-battling-cancer/

LSUFan

Quote from: hogb on October 06, 2016, 08:53:32 pm
I never watch the news but my mom does. She just called me. Said that Tusk sent him flowers.  I thought that was a pretty cool thing to do.  Was back in May but apparently hitting the news again tonight. Thought it worth mentioning.

http://5newsonline.com/2016/05/26/tusk-sends-get-well-flowers-to-lsus-mascot-battling-cancer/
Yep. We all thought that was pretty cool of Hog Nation, Bevo sent some, none of the other schools did apparently.

jbcarol

Großer Kriegschwein

They moved the big fella to hospice. He's not gonna last much longer.

Nightly updates on the local news down here in lewwheezyyanna.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogwild

QuoteLSU's live tiger mascot, Mike VI, passed away today, Oct. 11. Mike VI was born on July 23, 2005, and adopted by LSU in 2007. He was 11 years old at the time of his passing.

DeltaBoy

cosmodrum

RIP, Mike. My daughter is gonna cry.
Go away, batin'

LSUFan

DeltaBoy

https://twitter.com/LSUsports/status/785902667944067072/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on October 05, 2016, 03:45:30 pm
Damn beautiful animal, please don't capture another one.

All animals are beautiful in some way yet we cage some of them. If some weren't caged and cared for not in the wild such as he was and in zoos then people wouldn't learn or know as much about them. Keeping a small percentage caged makes it easier to educate people about them and thus as a species they get more attention and respect. To make the statement you made then no animal should be caged or kept as pets, etc.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 12, 2016, 02:14:14 pm
All animals are beautiful in some way yet we cage some of them. If some weren't caged and cared for not in the wild such as he was and in zoos then people wouldn't learn or know as much about them. Keeping a small percentage caged makes it easier to educate people about them and thus as a species they get more attention and respect. To make the statement you made then no animal should be caged or kept as pets, etc.
I was thinking it must be hard on an animal that usually has a 1,000 sq mile range in the wild.

jbcarol

LSUFan

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol