Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the FLA message board

Started by A-Town Hog Fan, January 31, 2006, 08:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A-Town Hog Fan

Lord help us all!

hogfan064

I'd rather have Gus' offense than that Spread Option offense that will get a QB killed.  Doesn't matter we don't have to worry about the Gators until 2008.  Though it will be fun watching the Ol Ball Coach beat them once again.

A-Town Hog Fan

I predict we will meet in the SEC Championship in the next 2 years and we will smack them in the mouth.   :razorback:
Lord help us all!

hogfan064

If we do go to the SEC CHampionship game, more Hogs need to show up than 2002.  I was there with maybe 10,000 others

brooks74

2008, UF vs the Hogs.  D-Mac goes for 150, MM throws for 350, and DW has 200 combined yards and 3 TD's.  Arkansas 42 - UF 14!!  How sweet it will be  ;D

DukeOfPork

Quote from: brooks74 on January 31, 2006, 09:32:48 am
2008, UF vs the Hogs.  D-Mac goes for 150, MM throws for 350, and DW has 200 combined yards and 3 TD's.  Arkansas 42 - UF 14!!  How sweet it will be  ;D

Wow.

You really took that and ran with it.

HogDodging

Agreed.

I bet the ones who are crowing the loudest about Damian changing his mind are the same ones who questioned Mitch's integrity when he backed off his commitment to Arkansas. 
Funny, but I haven't heard one person question Damian's integrity since yesterday.
Talk about wanting it both ways.

HOGLUVIN

Cant wait to see the HS OC roll up on those guys.

brooks74

Quote from: PorkPariah on January 31, 2006, 09:34:51 am

Wow.

You really took that and ran with it.

I had just read Bacon's post about the Tennessee game next year and was feeling inspired.  What can I say, with all the changes, I am excited about the future.  I just hope if we struggle offensively a little out of the gate next year, people will remember the improvement our defense made this year from the USC game - the LSU game.  We are gonna be young, talented and dangerous next year, but we will be really tough in 07 when we have JR's like D-Mac, Jones, and Dick, and soph's/RS Frosh's like MM, DW, Norman, Crawford, etc. 

Hogs4Ever

Let the gayturds whine.  I don't care what they say.  We got Damian Williams!  WPS!! 

Hoggy Mo Pena

You guys are dreaming.  No chance.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: Hoggy Mo Pena on January 31, 2006, 09:53:01 am

You're right!!!  There's no way UF scores 14!!!   ;)

pfrg999

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 31, 2006, 09:56:38 am

You're right!!!  There's no way UF scores 14!!!   ;)

Nice ;D  +1 for U
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hawgz4Life

I think that a LOT of people are selling Mr. Gus waaaaay short. A great football mind is a great football mind, whether it's in Jr. High, JUCO or Varsity. Who cares?!? If Uncle Gus can take our opponants to the woodshed and thrash 'em with his playbook, then I don't give a damn what levels he's coached at. I have all the faith in the world. What if Gus doesn't work out? SO WHAT!? At least we tried something new in the program. But I don't see that line of thinking even rearing it's ugly head.

brooks74

How is there no chance that happens?  That is 3 years from now, and in my opinion it is very possible.

TuckFexas

UM couldn't even get in the SEC C game this season with the talent he already had there. I hope the Gator fans show up in force when they play on our home turf. They are going to witness their team getting an arse whoopin'. We should set up a stand at their exit and give them copies of GM's book and wish them luck for the next game. They won't be laughing long.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Hardwork321

It will be excited to see how Gus adjust to SEC defence.  Alex Woods will have a big say in that.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 31, 2006, 10:08:17 am
It will be excited to see how Gus adjust to SEC defence.  Alex Woods will have a big say in that.

From what the SHS boys have said, Alex brings a LOT to the table and has been EXTREMELY impressive.  I think he and Gus are gonna make this offense very powerful.

_Collin1

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 31, 2006, 10:09:58 am

From what the SHS boys have said, Alex brings a LOT to the table and has been EXTREMELY impressive.  I think he and Gus are gonna make this offense very powerful.

Just be ready....

On Sept 2, Dick or Mustain will hit someone for a 60 yard pass and RRS will explode.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Hardwork321

Dick the next three yrs!!!

Quote from: BigC51 on January 31, 2006, 10:50:51 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 31, 2006, 10:09:58 am

Just be ready....

On Sept 2, Dick or Mustain will hit someone for a 60 yard pass and RRS will explode.

Reaganite

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 31, 2006, 09:27:12 am
If we do go to the SEC CHampionship game, more Hogs need to show up than 2002.  I was there with maybe 10,000 others

If Georgia's in the SEC CG, it's like a freakin' home game for them.  No way you can call the Georgia dome a neutral site.  I think it needs to be moved to a truly neutral site.

pfrg999

Quote from: Reaganite on January 31, 2006, 12:13:03 pm

If Georgia's in the SEC CG, it's like a freakin' home game for them.  No way you can call the Georgia dome a neutral site.  I think it needs to be moved to a truly neutral site.

How about RRS... Hadn't been good for us lately  ;D
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

jrw11475

I agree teams should be afraid to come in here.

dmhog v2.0

I love this quote from the board:
QuoteGood luck with that HS offense in the SEC.

Apparently he hasn't seen us play in the last few years.

CiriusPorker

...i'm really sick of these SEC schools going on and on about Gus's high school experience and the 'ethical' situation regarding it.  I know..it's food for the masses to criticize, but it makes me wish that September would get here even faster so we can prove them and the nation wrong.

pigaholic

I have never seen Gus coach in person.  From what it sounds like he has a great head on his shoulders.  He also has a great offense that can score plenty of points.....in high school.  I think people need to back off of him and let him get used to the SEC and college caliber players.  We shouldn't expect him to be the best OC in the country right off the bat.  He needs some time to adjust.  If we hold our hopes too high then we could get let down if we don't whoop up on USC on national TV. 

I am not saying I don't think he will do good in college level football.  I think he will do great.  I just think people need to settle down and let him get some practice in with his new team.

Reaganite

I love the fact that they underestimate Gus.  What'll be even better is when '08 (or sooner in a SEC CG) rolls around and Floridians will have to face the fact that they got owned by what they thought was just a HS coach.

chiefsfan

when was the last time we scored a touchdown in the georgia dome????

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 01, 2006, 12:38:50 am

when was the last time we scored a touchdown in the georgia dome????

I'm going to guess...never.

Reaganite

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 31, 2006, 09:08:12 pm
I love this quote from the board:
QuoteGood luck with that HS offense in the SEC.
Apparently he hasn't seen us play in the last few years.

Had a Gator fan tell me that tonight and I told him, Hey good luck with that #1 ranked recruiting class... sure as hell helped Tennessee out this year didn't it?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 31, 2006, 09:40:42 am
Agreed.

I bet the ones who are crowing the loudest about Damian changing his mind are the same ones who questioned Mitch's integrity when he backed off his commitment to Arkansas. 
Funny, but I haven't heard one person question Damian's integrity since yesterday.
Talk about wanting it both ways.

I get a kick out of this.  There were posters on here with all of this a mans word is his bond and Mitch lacks integrity and honor, has no moral fiber crap yet not one single word questioning Damians character when he did the same thing.   Not a single response to your post.  Human nature I suppose.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

FLKeysGuy

I find the whole argument a bunch of BS anyway.  If you commit to a "program" at a certain point in time, that is the program you committed to -- not the one it turned out to be 5 months or 5 minutes later.  Programs are continually changing -- new coaches, new players, new injuries, new problems, new philosophies, new opportunities, etc.  This morning on the way to work, I "committed" to stop at a red light.  Guess what!  The light turned green.  Hold on!  Should I stay stopped so that my integrity will not be questionned? ;) 

Jim Harris

Quote from: Reaganite on February 01, 2006, 12:05:56 am
I love the fact that they underestimate Gus.  What'll be even better is when '08 (or sooner in a SEC CG) rolls around and Floridians will have to face the fact that they got owned by what they thought was just a HS coach.

what's really scary, however, is that for a few days there in December, members of our own coaching staff were underestimating Gus.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

KOAHogFan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 31, 2006, 09:56:38 am

You're right!!!  There's no way UF scores 14!!!   ;)

That's true....  But I see use scoring more then 42 because there is no mercy rule in college like HS

D-macs cuz

blah blah blah....gators have more busts in the nfl than anyone in the country.

A-Town Hog Fan

If they are calling Gus' offense a HS Offense, what in the HELL are they running.  The spread option is a HS offense if I have ever seen one.
Lord help us all!

silverhawg

excuse me, but doesn't every coach start off in high school..either as a player or as a coach...& why does a guy have to be demeaned cause he came from a high school program, that just produced an unbelieveable season, every team got mercy ruled..the offense didn't even have to play the 2nd half ....oh by the way..High School coaches probably have more influence on players than any other coaches..after all in high school thats where the base is formed......eat it up gators.....

HogJoeHelm

If Gus can alialate high school opponents with high school players, why can't he do the same thing to college teams with college players?  I realize the talent he had the past few years was amazing, but what about when he was coaching Hughes?  I guarantee he had very very few, if any, players who went to the next level, but he won a state championship.  What about when he took Shiloh Christian to the state championship. 

Truth is, the guy has proven he can take schools all the way to a championship at different levels.  Hughes is a 1A, Shiloh is a 3A, and Springdale is a 5A.  Now, the difference between 1A and 5A is just as big a difference, if not more, than between 5A and D1 football. 

I look for Gus to bring his Philosophy, and that is what it is, to the Hogs and take our Offense to a new level.  Add Herring's defensive genious, and things are really looking up for hogs!!!!!

hogfan064

Their just angry that Spurrier is now going to own them.  Heck 16 years ago Spurrier's offense was laughed at. 

Nutts and Bolts

Please..... Someone cut and save that thread from the Gator board and have it ready when that High School OC Rings them up for about 60 points.... Go Hogs
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: HogJoeHelm on February 01, 2006, 11:02:07 am
If Gus can alialate high school opponents with high school players, why can't he do the same thing to college teams with college players?  I realize the talent he had the past few years was amazing, but what about when he was coaching Hughes?  I guarantee he had very very few, if any, players who went to the next level, but he won a state championship.  What about when he took Shiloh Christian to the state championship. 

Truth is, the guy has proven he can take schools all the way to a championship at different levels.  Hughes is a 1A, Shiloh is a 3A, and Springdale is a 5A.  Now, the difference between 1A and 5A is just as big a difference, if not more, than between 5A and D1 football. 

I look for Gus to bring his Philosophy, and that is what it is, to the Hogs and take our Offense to a new level.  Add Herring's defensive genious, and things are really looking up for hogs!!!!!

What the hell is that?

HoopS

I started to go back there and tell them congratulations on a great class.... then read nothing but classless posts and had to just leave.

I have to honestly say, yes there are a few good posters over there, but a HIGH Majority of the posters there are A-holes.

MGCAPRI

I sure will laugh my arse off when this high school offense whips them all around the field then lets tell them how crappy they are loosing so bad to a high school offense--lmao

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hoophogs on February 01, 2006, 02:29:10 pm
I started to go back there and tell them congratulations on a great class.... then read nothing but classless posts and had to just leave.

I have to honestly say, yes there are a few good posters over there, but a HIGH Majority of the posters there are A-holes.

They can be posters or how ever they want to be.... They have the #1 recruiting class in AMERICA!    I'd probably be one too...     Don't think they are having a problem with the #1 class.......... I'd be careful, if I were some fans, wishing us to play Florida.......Remember, as good as you all think this class is, there 7 and 8 SEC teams out there that got much better also.........we're still lower tier........sad, but true......and it PISSES ME OFF TO SAY THAT!    Smite!!

Hawgin84

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on February 01, 2006, 01:52:02 pm
Quote from: HogJoeHelm on February 01, 2006, 11:02:07 am

What the hell is that?

A proven method of domination? Probably new terminology that will soon be added to Webster's. ;D :D ;D :D

HoopS

so let me get this straight....

having a good recruiting class gives you the right to treat everybody else like crap?   hmmm, didn't know that.

im not really sure why you think we should "be careful" about wanting to play them.   

HighOnHogs

IF EVEN NEEDED, Gus has resources from the college and pro ranks.  I'm not a bit worried about him just coming from High School coaching.  Not even a little bit.

PigtoriasSecret

Quote from: Reaganite on January 31, 2006, 12:13:03 pm

I have been saying this for years.  The site IMHO should be at a different place each year.....or at least someplace very very neutral.  Like say...RRS!  (J/K). :)

Floridians are known for their complaining and whining when it comes to things like competitions, recruitments and elections LOL  For God's sake..we are talking about a state where 1/2 the population has been in the sun so long that their skin is so leathery they could start their own line of luggage.    All I can tell them is to BRING IT ON!    I don't care what their fans say...I would bet a lot of coaches out there know that Gus has got the goods to make us succeeed and those that don't have got to at least be having a second thought or two about him IMHO. 
Facts are stubborn things.

No matter how good you think your coach is there is always someone thrilled to be rid of him.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hoophogs on February 01, 2006, 04:03:00 pm
so let me get this straight....

having a good recruiting class gives you the right to treat everybody else like crap?   hmmm, didn't know that.

im not really sure why you think we should "be careful" about wanting to play them.  

I'm just saying that they have a heck of a lot more room to say whatever it is they want to say to somebody who goes onto their boards, from here......  that's all......and if they want to make fun of our HS Coach, then there's just not alot for us to do exept to take it....... because sitting at #30/27 in the nation we don't have too much to back us up........  It will take Gus a couple of years to get it going, if in fact, it does get going....  I remember alot of people talking about how bad we were going to beat the trojans last year......???? Food for thought...........  SMITE AWAY!!!!!

HoopS

I understand.  I don't blame them for blasting our fans for spewing venom.... hell, I blast our fans for it when I see it.   

I take exception to some of the comments about the kids. 

And yes, we do have to hope that Malzahn can adjust to the collegiate game, I think he will.   Remember, it's not like Malzahn is completely being thrown to the wolves on his own.  Alex Wood will be there to help and Nutt.... like him or not, is a resource too.